Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zach Thomas... REALLY?

Default Zach Thomas... REALLY?

so much for getting good football players.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1137526.html

OK time to put the baby bottle back in your mouth and stop crying babies. have we forgot who our new leader is in Scott Pioli I mean come on now, under him we now will not always get the big fancy names or young blood all the time or who we think we will need to get. He has a blueprint of using key role players and no names and vets past there prime and always finds a way to get the last drop of production from any player ( Moss grew up)
    so I am happy with whatever he does cause SP is the man. SP reminds me of M. Jordan and with Cassel being his new Scottie Pippin instead of T. Brady I think we are in for good times ahead. To say Scott P. has picked up has beens is dumb and like saying what he did in NE matters none. THE MAN PUTS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS TOGETHER, just have faith GROW UP! This was for all the people that bash in any form or fation what we do from now.

Scott Pioli has been trading for older and veteran players a lot lately and I have nothing against it, I mean it'll do the chiefs good in the next few years but after those few years the veteran players WILL need to retire and we will be left needing to trade for other player. My point is that if we trade for players that are a few years younger they will be able to play for the chiefs for a few more years although they might not be as good as the veteran players that have a shorter time until retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Scott Pioli has been trading for older and veteran players a lot lately and I have nothing against it, I mean it'll do the chiefs good in the next few years but after those few years the veteran players WILL need to retire and we will be left needing to trade for other player. My point is that if we trade for players that are a few years younger they will be able to play for the chiefs for a few more years although they might not be as good as the veteran players that have a shorter time until retirement.
    No, he hasn't. Vrabel was included in the trade of our 2nd round pick, but that pick was mostly for Cassel.

We've signed some vets. But only because we had to. Who were we going to get to play C this year, or ILB, or special teams? We only have seven draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    No, he hasn't. Vrabel was included in the trade of our 2nd round pick, but that pick was mostly for Cassel.

We've signed some vets. But only because we had to. Who were we going to get to play C this year, or ILB, or special teams? We only have seven draft picks.
    Not every year that you trade for a former-rookie QB and a veteran LB for your 2nd round Draft pick that's a good trade.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    My question is does this mean the end for drafting Curry possibly?
    not at all!! You still need one more starter. This move would only give Curry even more great veteran leadership. Right now, we only have 7 draft choices and need more football players than that. Paoli is trying to win now, not in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Not every year that you trade for a former-rookie QB and a veteran LB for your 2nd round Draft pick that's a good trade.
    I don't know what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't know what you're trying to say.
    It's not every year that a trade like this one happens.

I believe we trade out of the 3rd pick and get someone like Clint Sintim from UVA who played in a 3-4 in college in the second round. With the first pick we get a Tackle or DE depending on who we trade to. I like Curry but ppl are saying he's just athletic enough to play for us in the 3-4. I think we need a rush LB in the 2nd round and let someone trade up for Curry

Lot of folks have been saying that Curry is not what we need. That we need a DE to put pressure on the QB. I would like to know what fans would have said on this forum, if we went back in time, and Derrick T was the LB in the draft. I not saying that Curry will be a DT, yet, but he looks like he could be.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 04-12-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Lot of folks have been saying that Curry is not what we need. That we need a DE to put pressure on the QB. I would like to know what fans would have said on this forum, if we went back in time, and DT was the LB in the draft. I not saying that Curry will be a DT, yet, but he looks like he could be.
    DE or LB, it doesn't matter as long as we put pressure on the QB.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast