Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zach Thomas... REALLY?

Default Zach Thomas... REALLY?

so much for getting good football players.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1137526.html

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    not at all!! You still need one more starter. This move would only give Curry even more great veteran leadership. Right now, we only have 7 draft choices and need more football players than that. Paoli is trying to win now, not in the future.
    But this is a move by Pioli which could result in us taking Monroe at 3. It looks like Pioli is keeping his options open. Without Thomas (though he would have not been the LB I would have signed), the LB corps would be in desperate need for more starters. Thomas, however, just looks too slow. But this gives us a little more flexibility. I think it's interesting that most of the players we have brought in on defense looks to make us a better run-stop D. I think Chiefs' fans need to accept that our defense will still be bad this season.

I came into this thread late, but i say ZT is a great pickup, can play solid middle LB and maybe teach some of our guys how to TACKLE

looks like we signed him to a one year deal for $2mil.
    Not to bad i like the one year, price is OK but not great.
    I like the pickup

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Veteran LB Thomas signs with Chiefs «

Default good pick in the long run

good pick in the long run because imma learn ya real fast like see we need the help at linebacker any player with that much experience and the leadership he can bring to the table but didnt in dallas because there locker room is full of ppl with big mouths he can will bring that leader ship role to kc along with vrabel thats is as good as it gets in experience he had 95 tackels last year 14 years still goin 2 million for one year maybe a lil to much but well see

Any improvement on defense is a good thing. Zach doesn't have much left in the tank, but at least he has a tank. Outside of Johnson, who had a tank last year???

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    Any improvement on defense is a good thing. Zach doesn't have much left in the tank, but at least he has a tank. Outside of Johnson, who had a tank last year???
    and further more, its tank time.

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    and further more, its tank time.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    But this is a move by Pioli which could result in us taking Monroe at 3. It looks like Pioli is keeping his options open. Without Thomas (though he would have not been the LB I would have signed), the LB corps would be in desperate need for more starters. Thomas, however, just looks too slow. But this gives us a little more flexibility. I think it's interesting that most of the players we have brought in on defense looks to make us a better run-stop D. I think Chiefs' fans need to accept that our defense will still be bad this season.
    You are correct, and I'm not going to argue with anyone about who we will take, I'm still in the Curry fan club, but a OT or DE would still help.
    If you research Paoli drafts, the fact is, He's going to draft who ever he thinks is the best football player available. He could draft all OL, LB or Cb, but he will drsft the best football player available.
    If he follows his draft history, we will trade down for more picks. He understands you build championship teams thru the draft. These seasoned veterans are being brought in to give us a chance of winning now, while building a championship team thru the draft over the next two or three years.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    looks like we signed him to a one year deal for $2mil.
    Not to bad i like the one year, price is OK but not great.
    I like the pickup

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Veteran LB Thomas signs with Chiefs «
    Moneys fine, we have too much cap space as it stands that we have to spend just to reach the minimum allowance for 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    OK time to put the baby bottle back in your mouth and stop crying babies. have we forgot who our new leader is in Scott Pioli I mean come on now, under him we now will not always get the big fancy names or young blood all the time or who we think we will need to get. He has a blueprint of using key role players and no names and vets past there prime and always finds a way to get the last drop of production from any player ( Moss grew up)
    so I am happy with whatever he does cause SP is the man. SP reminds me of M. Jordan and with Cassel being his new Scottie Pippin instead of T. Brady I think we are in for good times ahead. To say Scott P. has picked up has beens is dumb and like saying what he did in NE matters none. THE MAN PUTS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS TOGETHER, just have faith GROW UP! This was for all the people that bash in any form or fation what we do from now.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    You are correct, and I'm not going to argue with anyone about who we will take, I'm still in the Curry fan club, but a OT or DE would still help.
    If you research Paoli drafts, the fact is, He's going to draft who ever he thinks is the best football player available. He could draft all OL, LB or Cb, but he will drsft the best football player available.
    If he follows his draft history, we will trade down for more picks. He understands you build championship teams thru the draft. These seasoned veterans are being brought in to give us a chance of winning now, while building a championship team thru the draft over the next two or three years.
    Pioli had the luxury of being able draft whatever player he wanted, regardless of position, because that team wasn't bleeding to death from all of the holes.

I like Zach Thomas. Always have. I think this is a pretty good signing.

While I still don't trust the Cassel deal, I do like that the holes are getting addressed.

Thomas and Vrabel are just patches. But we have too many holes to properly rebuild with the few rebuilding tools that we have for a single offseason, so patches are required.

Cassel at least fills what many percieved to be a hole on the team.

So, with my doubts about Cassel, weighed against the other moves that I've seen made, I am starting to lean toward the pleasantly surprised, from my previous "unimpressed" stance.

The holes that are currently unfilled, are still enough to make me believe that we will have alot of trouble this season. But we still have a ways to go, toward building a real football team.

Thomas is old. He could struggle. But I think it is a fair risk, for the type of player that he is.

Not just a Pro-Bowl regular, or even a possible HOFer. But he is well known for being the kind of guy who was able to overcome physical setbacks, by playing with alot of "heart".

He was viewed by all as too short to play MLB in The NFL. But made a fantastic career at it, despite all of that.

I don't know him personally or anything. But I have never heard a bad word about him. And the "Heart" aspect of his story suggests that this is exactly the type of personality that I want on The Chiefs.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast