Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Thomas... REALLY?

Default Zach Thomas... REALLY?

so much for getting good football players.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1137526.html

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You need to stop ragging on the Chiefs. They're improving by leaps and bounds this offseason.

And I know I'm not that intelligent. I'm just more intelligent than you.
    Im not raggin on the
    chiefs.

And yes, they are improving leaps and bounds. But from our worst seasons ever, isnt sayin much. Overall, Im happy with this offseason.

Im passionate about every signing. I love them so I express concerns.

And this just takes me back to how we signed Donnie Edwards, someone past their prime.

Once again, this move is about veteran leadership. This guy was a monster and certainly has a season or two left in the tank. The best thing is the knowledge that he brings to a team that has no knowledge currently. He brings leadership, focus, and an insight to what it takes to be successful.

I am sure he was also pretty cheap which is another good thing. I think Pioli is going to go after Curry, and he wants these veterans in place to make him the guy of the future.

I am so excited about the moves we are making I could just scream!!!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I like this signing, as long as it was cheap, which I think would be the case. The key is don't hand out huge contracts to players nearing the end. If Thomas has some left in the tank, which I think he does, then great. If not, just cut him, and its not going to hurt the cap situation too bad.

Damario Williams is alot better then most give him credit for. He got the shaft having to play behind Donnie Edwards last year . Edwards played because of his seniority. Williams is a ball hawk and has a huge motor. he is always going after the ball. He tore it up in the miami game when they finally let him play. I like him alot to make this team. Having Zach thomas and Vrabyl is a huge asset to Currey when we draft him . Who better to learn from then excellent vetrans like them.

Zach Thomas has more tackles than any LB in the HOF, currently ranking 4th of all time behind Randy Gradishar, Jessie Tuggle and ol' Junior Seau, Plus a 7 time pro bowler, Sorry but I like the pick. I still think we will get Curry.

I like the move as long is its a 1-2 year contract, and we do indeed draft Curry. Curry and Johnson would be learning from Mike Vrabel and Zach Thomas... Not to shabby. Vets are okay to pick up as long as they get tiny contracts, and I think this was a good find if thats the case.

I think we still draft Curry as well... Thomas is simply a stopgap/mentor and nothing more. It's a good signing. He is basically to the inside what Vrabel will be to the outside.

OLB - Curry, Vrabel
    ILB - Johnson, Thomas

I like it. That is a ton of talent in a LB corps.

Now we just need to draft Sammie Lee Hill and a 3-4 DE.

What would be hilarious now is if we sign Jason Taylor as well, since Thomas is his brother in law.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-12-2009 at 09:15 AM.

You guys are getting a leader. Zach was a 5th round pick who electrified things in Miami. He's on the downside of his career but he's a hell of a guy. Always outperformed.

If you guys draft Curry you have the best tutors possible in Vrabel and Zach. This was an outstanding short term pick up for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeticus View Post
    You guys are getting a leader. Zach was a 5th round pick who electrified things in Miami. He's on the downside of his career but he's a hell of a guy. Always outperformed.

If you guys draft Curry you have the best tutors possible in Vrabel and Zach. This was an outstanding short term pick up for you guys.
    Exactly right! If we DO end up drafting Curry we already have Vrabel and NOW we also have Zach Thomas. So if we do end up with all three IMO our Defense will have stepped up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Im not raggin on the
    chiefs.

And yes, they are improving leaps and bounds. But from our worst seasons ever, isnt sayin much. Overall, Im happy with this offseason.

Im passionate about every signing. I love them so I express concerns.

And this just takes me back to how we signed Donnie Edwards, someone past their prime.
    That's fair. It just seems every time the Chiefs make a move this offseason, you've been down on it. I mean, we're rebuilding a team that was without much talent, especially in its front 7, despite blowing much of out last three years of draft picks on our defensive line. If we can get our defense ranked 16th this season, Pioli deserves to be executive of the year.

Difference is that Peterson/Edwards, being idiots, signed Donnie Edwards to a massive contract and expected him to be a every down starter. I'd be shocked if we signed Zach Thomas to much over the vet minimum, and he'll be rotated in and out with Beisel and probably a draft pick or two.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast