Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Zach Thomas... REALLY?

Default Zach Thomas... REALLY?

so much for getting good football players.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1137526.html

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    My question is does this mean the end for drafting Curry possibly?
    I hope so. I truly hope the Chiefs draft O line and worry about Line backer next year.

If we draft Curry he could benifit from a couple of vets that know how to play the right way, it might help DJ also.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Pioli had the luxury of being able draft whatever player he wanted, regardless of position, because that team wasn't bleeding to death from all of the holes.

I like Zach Thomas. Always have. I think this is a pretty good signing.

While I still don't trust the Cassel deal, I do like that the holes are getting addressed.

Thomas and Vrabel are just patches. But we have too many holes to properly rebuild with the few rebuilding tools that we have for a single offseason, so patches are required.

Cassel at least fills what many percieved to be a hole on the team.

So, with my doubts about Cassel, weighed against the other moves that I've seen made, I am starting to lean toward the pleasantly surprised, from my previous "unimpressed" stance.

The holes that are currently unfilled, are still enough to make me believe that we will have alot of trouble this season. But we still have a ways to go, toward building a real football team.

Thomas is old. He could struggle. But I think it is a fair risk, for the type of player that he is.

Not just a Pro-Bowl regular, or even a possible HOFer. But he is well known for being the kind of guy who was able to overcome physical setbacks, by playing with alot of "heart".

He was viewed by all as too short to play MLB in The NFL. But made a fantastic career at it, despite all of that.

I don't know him personally or anything. But I have never heard a bad word about him. And the "Heart" aspect of his story suggests that this is exactly the type of personality that I want on The Chiefs.
    Yep. I am amazed that people fought so hard last season to claim that our roster was great, and we were only some better gametime coaching and a new DE away from contention.

Now these same people are complaining that we weren't active enough this postseason to get FAs.

Pioli and Haley were tactless, but right, when they said that 22 guys off the street could have done as good last year. I still have no idea how we won that Denver game. And even after signing two starting LBs, a starting 2WR, a starting C, and a bunch of special teams players and reserves, we're still a good half dozen starters away from respectability. More if we trade/cut LJ, Waters, or Gonzo.

We still need a ROLB, RG, RT, RDE, FS, and NT by my count, assuming we try to make the transition to the 3-4 defense. And some more youth at HB, ILB, and C/OG couldn't hurt.

In short, we're finally rebuilding this team. But looking for more than six wins in 2009 is probably unrealistic.

IM late to this but ZT is a great pick up for us, brings leadership that we had NONE of last year. I live in Texas and Cowboy fans arent happy my friend who is a die hard cowboys fan said ZT is still a beast and was in on alot of plays for the cowboys even if he wasnt getting the tackle himself he was causing havoc DK but I hope hes right

Quote Originally Posted by d-bowe fan View Post
    you need 9 to be considered good???isn't that how many that Tony guy has......that was stupid of you to say.......so Cutlers not good and every other player in the NFL......the guy might have 7pros under him but the last one was in 06.....just adding another old guy he can join Engram who retires in 2-3 years Tony in 2years and him in 1-2years.Were screwed when that happens
    Tony Gonzalez isn't just "that guy"!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Lot of folks have been saying that Curry is not what we need. That we need a DE to put pressure on the QB.
    With the Chiefs looking to play a hybrid 3-4 defense this year, don't be surprised if the Chiefs take someone who can lineup at DE or OLB. I think Curry could do that. Orapko definitely could. Everette Brown.

I still think Curry is the best option and probably the only one of the guys that I mentioned that could drop back in coverage with any success.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    With the Chiefs looking to play a hybrid 3-4 defense this year, don't be surprised if the Chiefs take someone who can lineup at DE or OLB. I think Curry could do that. Orapko definitely could. Everette Brown.

I still think Curry is the best option and probably the only one of the guys that I mentioned that could drop back in coverage with any success.
    Aaron Curry IS the best option. He has everything he needs to be a great LB; Speed, maneuverability and he's also got a lot of confidence I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Aaron Curry IS the best option. He has everything he needs to be a great LB; Speed, maneuverability and he's also got a lot of confidence I'm guessing.
    No he's not. I like Monroe or Ragi. Curry is more an OLB we need another ILB...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by d-bowe fan View Post
    you need 9 to be considered good???isn't that how many that Tony guy has......that was stupid of you to say.......so Cutlers not good and every other player in the NFL......the guy might have 7pros under him but the last one was in 06.....just adding another old guy he can join Engram who retires in 2-3 years Tony in 2years and him in 1-2years.Were screwed when that happens
    Doink.
    We will hardly be screwed in 2-3 years when these guys retire. Pioli will be rebuilding these positions over the next couple years. This is exactly what great franchises do.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Doink.
    We will hardly be screwed in 2-3 years when these guys retire. Pioli will be rebuilding these positions over the next couple years. This is exactly what great franchises do.
    Bike = Smart

It's as if people don't understand the difference in paying a veteran guy with some gas in the tank $2M on a one-year contract to fill a badly needed hole on the team, and overpaying a guy $20M over three years because you only remember his glory years.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast