Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Legit chance for starting QB

Question Legit chance for starting QB

with matt now in the line up at QB it's going to be one fight for starter thigpen proved himself last season croyle shows flashs here and there do you guys think that their will be a legit chance for croyle and thigpen to take the job or are they just going to hand the job to matt. I know they already said it's anyones job but I don't belive that. I personal think if croyle stays heathy he is are best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It is unreal how this places opinion's change.

Most everyone was all aboard the Croyle express two years ago.

And I said "get him some blockers first, so we don't ruin his career."

The mobs said "Throw him in! We have to see what we've got!"

I said "You won't get to see anything, if you throw him out there against NFL teams, without an NFL O-line."

So they throw him out there without blockers, and he gets destroyed.

And now, without ever having seen him play on an NFL offense, the Crowd has stamped him as a flop and worthless.

I have been waiting for three years to see the man get a chance, and the masses, who were so excited about him, are done with him, before ever getting a peak.

UN

BE

LIEVABLE.
    The entire crowd? Excuse me. Did I not get the survey. Stop lumping all into your opinion.

Croyle did have a NFL O-Line, sure it was not as good as we would like, but he had a line. This is the NFL, you have to be able to play, take a hit, some people can and do not get injured. Croyle has not yet.

Everybody is too vulnerable to injury when they play QB with a Herm Edwards offense.

I'm not saying he is great, or even might be great. I have never seen him play with a decent O-line. So I can't judge.
    I very much wanted Croyle to succseed for the Chiefs. He's a likeable guy and his family does great things for kids. But you can't build a team around a guy that can't stay healthy. Yes the O-line was awfull, but even with the best line in the league, your going to have to take a hit ocasonally, Croyle hasn't proved he can do that. Thigpen took some huge hits last year, and always got up, and Cassel wasn't behind a stellar O-line either but he stayed healthy. I hope things work out for Brody, but it may have to be elswhere.

You may be right.

I just find it amazing how the masses turn on the guy, without ever seeing him play a down with an NFL offense.

I wasn't the one who was putting my chips down on him then. But I am not about to put my foot down on him now.
    Well, I am one of those that wanted to see him play. I am also one of the few that stayed with him after the 2007 season, wanting to see him do well in the 2008 season.

After watching him in 2007 compete for a starting job, but unable to seal it and make it his own, there were lots of calls then to not start him. When Huard got injured, we put in Croyle, and it was his job from then on. There were a lot of injuries in 2007 because the line sucked so I stood by him, hoping to see him play better.

Last year, 2008, it was his job to lose. Well, injuries plagued him, he never finished a game he started. Sure he took some knocks. Huard took some knocks too, but he is old.

Thigpen came in behind the same line and took the same knocks that Croyle took and managed to play out the season.

Face it, QBs are going to get hit, even if they are not sacked, they still get hit. I wanted to see Croyle be the future, but you have to admit that he is pretty injury prone and that is always going to be a liability no matter what offensive line you put him behind.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I will be very surprised if M. C. is not our starting QB. Injury would be the only thing preventing this. No problem with the other two but a team does not give up what the Chiefs did to set M. C. on the bench.

It is unreal how this places opinion's change.

Most everyone was all aboard the Croyle express two years ago.

And I said "get him some blockers first, so we don't ruin his career."

The mobs said "Throw him in! We have to see what we've got!"

I said "You won't get to see anything, if you throw him out there against NFL teams, without an NFL O-line."

So they throw him out there without blockers, and he gets destroyed.

And now, without ever having seen him play on an NFL offense, the Crowd has stamped him as a flop and worthless.

I have been waiting for three years to see the man get a chance, and the masses, who were so excited about him, are done with him, before ever getting a peak.

UN

BE

LIEVABLE.
    I would like the record to note that I was always against Croyle, and I have not turned against him in any way.

Most QBs have suffered a whole lot worse abuse than Croyle did during the 13 games he played for us. He was sacked 19 times in those 13 games (1.5/game). To put this in perspective, Tyler Thigpen played 15 games in the past two years and has been sacked 26 times (1.7/game). Damon Huard played in 26 games over the past three years and was sacked 61 times (2.4/game). And that's just the Chiefs QBs. Cassel has played in 16 games last season, and he was sacked 47 times (2.9/game). Rothlisberger won a Super Bowl with a line that gave up 46 sacks (2.9/game).

Brodie was not hit more than any other QB on this team or on most teams. Did/does our OL stink? Sure. But Brodie's a fragile player. I don't see any way for you to debate that fact.

And a QB that does everything right but can't stay healthy is as useless as one who does everything wrong.

Everybody is too vulnerable to injury when they play QB with a Herm Edwards offense.

I'm not saying he is great, or even might be great. I have never seen him play with a decent O-line. So I can't judge.
    Yet he still got outperformed by Thigpen. The opinion around here changed over the last three years!! ya think? The guy was no good. Make all the excuses you want. Thigpen managed to make some things happen, Croyle did not. But I am sure that is all because of a ton of different variables that you will prevent and then I will see some stats about their completion % and some O line stats. My opinion changed because after two years of watching Croyle I never even saw a glimmer of hope. I cheered for the guy because he was a Chief. I also cheer for Huard when he was in but I wanted to see Croyle and I wanted to see him succeed. Fact is he twice as bad as Huard or Thigpen with the same line in front of him. If you want to continue being a Croyle guy then go ahead but don't act like it is so

UN

BELIEVE

ABLE

that no one but you has any faith in Croyle anymore.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yet he still got outperformed by Thigpen. The opinion around here changed over the last three years!! ya think? The guy was no good. Make all the excuses you want. Thigpen managed to make some things happen, Croyle did not. But I am sure that is all because of a ton of different variables that you will prevent and then I will see some stats about their completion % and some O line stats. My opinion changed because after two years of watching Croyle I never even saw a glimmer of hope. I cheered for the guy because he was a Chief. I also cheer for Huard when he was in but I wanted to see Croyle and I wanted to see him succeed. Fact is he twice as bad as Huard or Thigpen with the same line in front of him. If you want to continue being a Croyle guy then go ahead but don't act like it is so

UN

BELIEVE

ABLE

that no one but you has any faith in Croyle anymore.
    It's pretty easy to get outperformed when injured. When Croyle did the majority of the QBing, he wasn't supposed to win the game, he was supposed to manage it. Our defense and "running game" was supposed to win it.

Do I agree with it? No, that's why Herm's gone. Would I like to see him get another chance? Not really, I think Cassel is better and he's probably even with Thigpen. Croyle just doesn't have the body to survive in the NFL.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

If we're talking about playing behind a good o line I say Huard is better than Croyle.

IMO BC is done he had his chance and could do nothing with it. Tyler came in and alot of people were very excited about his play even though we were NOT WINNING, now what does that say about Croyle? I really like Thigpen he has great feet and will stand in the pocket, it should be a good challenge for MC and TT to try to beat out the other for the starting job.

I know thats what is most likely to happen but I am still pullin for Tyler.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast