Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Falcons Interested in Tony Gonzalez

Default Falcons Interested in Tony Gonzalez

The National Football Post | Notes From Lombardi: Sunday Edition

THINGS I HEARD AROUND THE NFL LAST WEEK …
    3.The Falcons are seriously considering trading for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez and might even give up their second-round pick to make the deal.
    Interesting. A second round pick would be hard to pass up, even for the best TE in NFL history, at 33 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Just reading around the net and the consensus amongst ATL fans is that they want to keep their draft pick too fill holes rather then trade for an aging TE. I'm sure they'd welcome him but they feel a #2 draft pick is a bit steep to pay.

Which makes it all the more imperative that if the Chiefs can get that #2 they should take it.

Whats the motto that everyones been chanting?

Build through the draft.
    I am glad that Atlanta would like to keep their 2nd draft pick instead of trading for TG because I am a huge TG fan alongside the rest of the roster ofcourse. Although the trade might benafit us, then again, it might not!

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Just reading around the net and the consensus amongst ATL fans is that they want to keep their draft pick too fill holes rather then trade for an aging TE. I'm sure they'd welcome him but they feel a #2 draft pick is a bit steep to pay.

Which makes it all the more imperative that if the Chiefs can get that #2 they should take it.

Whats the motto that everyones been chanting?

Build through the draft.
    Screw that, if it means trading TG.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

Kansas city chris, while your enthusiasm is great, in real life, TG is not worth a first rounder, if only becuase of age. Yes he is the greatest TE of all time, yes he had a great season last year, yes he is everything you want in a football player. Yes, he is within the range of 3 years of retirement. GM's wont give up a first rounder for TG, just not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Word
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    People are going to Arrowhead to watch the Chiefs win. If we start winning, it won't matter if Tony is on the team or not. And we won't start winning without some real players on the lines.

As for a security blanket for Cassel, I see your point. But the question is whether Cassel will do better with Tony G. or a real RT. As useful as a great TE might be, I think the RT is more important.
    I agree with you, and if they are really planning on honoring Waters request, they are going to need to upgrade the entire right side of the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Kansas city chris, while your enthusiasm is great, in real life, TG is not worth a first rounder, if only becuase of age. Yes he is the greatest TE of all time, yes he had a great season last year, yes he is everything you want in a football player. Yes, he is within the range of 3 years of retirement. GM's wont give up a first rounder for TG, just not gonna happen.
    It's not a matter of whether Tony is worth a first round pick. If I was the GM, that is the asking price I would put out there. Because if anyone actually takes you up on that deal, great! You essentially made got back what you put in for Tony. It's more than you could have expected, so it's a no brainer. Someone may respond, how about this pair of picks instead because a first-rounder is too steep. You may listen, but not take it serious because maybe you do not even want to trade Tony. It is like a few years ago when teams were asking the Eagles about McNabb. What did the Eagles say? 3 first rounds. That is a ludicrous price for a thirty year old QB fresh off ACL surgery. But if someone was willing to shell out 3 first rounds, there would have been no hestitation on the Eagles part. It's all about the look. By putting an actual value asking price, you are telling your player that he is only worth this much to you. Instead, if you put a high price tag on a player, you are saying that teams have to pay an arm or a leg to take this player from my team. And if the player stays on the team, no feelings hurt because you have a high amount of value in him. It's basically saying that you don't want to trade him, but if you can get a desperate team to agree to that kind of deal, then even better.

But I would like to keep Tony G.

I have to agree with hometeam. TG is worth much more to us. I think we would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him.

Haha im just sayin while he may be everything for us, a first rounder is not realistic. I hope he stays just as much as anyone else, he is worth more to us than he is to any other team in the league~

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    How can you say it doesn't matter to you? TG has been playing for us his entire career and that means nothing to you? You might wanna start watchin how you word things bro, everyone has an oppinion but realize your on a chat forum with nothing but Hardcore Chiefs fans and today alone you have made some posts that actually forced Tornadospotter to basically tell you to stop coming here and the attitude your exuming is totally negative. What he is done so he don't matter to you? Thats cold dude, LJ might deserve it but not Gonzo he has been the Poster child for the Chiefs his entire career.
    you tell him KCChris!!!! Rep added!!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast