Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Damon or Brodie?

Default Damon or Brodie?

Who's going to be the starter?

:sign0163:

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I totally agree with you. Huard is an average QB. If he wasn't he wouldn't have been a career back up. If Trent didn't take a late hit last year then no one would be having this conversation. I sat may the better QB play.
    That's not really fair, considering that he was backing up guys like Dan Marino, Tom Brady and Trent Green. I found that last years performance gave me the imression that Huard had learned a few things, playing behind those guys. As long as he doesn't do poorly enough to lose the job, I think that he should be the starter. Unless Croyle totally out-shines Huard, then give him some more time.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That's not really fair, considering that he was backing up guys like Dan Marino, Tom Brady and Trent Green. I found that last years performance gave me the imression that Huard had learned a few things, playing behind those guys. As long as he doesn't do poorly enough to lose the job, I think that he should be the starter. Unless Croyle totally out-shines Huard, then give him some more time.
    Lets not forget that he also backed up some bad QBs also (AJ Feely??) Tom Brady backed up a pretty good QB but won the spot when he got a chance to start. It's not like Huard has been behind Favre his hole career. He has been on the field and never looked real good.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Lets not forget that he also backed up some bad QBs also (AJ Feely??) Tom Brady backed up a pretty good QB but won the spot when he got a chance to start. It's not like Huard has been behind Favre his hole career. He has been on the field and never looked real good.

He looked awefully good to me, last season. And playing quarterback in Miami has not been good for anyone, since Dan. They have blocking issues. Plus, he was still pretty young then. I'll grant that he is still a bit of an unknown quantity, but so was Rich Gannon. Who was also a journeyman. I'd hat e to see us miss that kind of an opportunity again.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i really liked trent green but as far as qb`s i wonder if he was just average or was he good because of the system. i mean he had the best line in the nfl to protect him and he had a great RB in the backfield. the way that "o" was run defenses didnt know what to expect. now they know run,run,pass,punt. i think just about any qb could have looked good behind roaf and company.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i really liked trent green but as far as qb`s i wonder if he was just average or was he good because of the system. i mean he had the best line in the nfl to protect him and he had a great RB in the backfield. the way that "o" was run defenses didnt know what to expect. now they know run,run,pass,punt. i think just about any qb could have looked good behind roaf and company.
    I agree. That offense allowed a quarterback to wait patiently for recievers to get free.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He looked awefully good to me, last season. And playing quarterback in Miami has not been good for anyone, since Dan. They have blocking issues. Plus, he was still pretty young then. I'll grant that he is still a bit of an unknown quantity, but so was Rich Gannon. Who was also a journeyman. I'd hat e to see us miss that kind of an opportunity again.
    Excellent point; Gannon went to the Faders and all he did there was take them to a Super Bowl.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567