Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Damon or Brodie?

Default Damon or Brodie?

Who's going to be the starter?

:sign0163:

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Look at how David Carr performed. It took him several years to get his act together. Then look at Phillip Rivers.

Alot of guys get the feeling that they can't do it, if they play poorly, when the start for the first time.

As far as what kind of confidence we are giving...

It's not that we don't trust him to start, but that Huard has earned it. Or, at least, that's what we let him believe. We owe it to Damon to afford him that opportunity. That and we want him to be "seasoned". Those goofy words tend to work, when the coach uses them to the young players.
    If Trent Green hadn't of gotten injured, we wouldn't have been forced to give Huard a chance. Everyone was scared to death when we had to. Maybe we should let them compete for it, and just see how it turns out.

No matter who gets it, I think it's a bad idea to voluntarily switch QB's mid-season, especially with so many younger players. Whoever we start, I vote to stick with them.
    Everything happens for a reason.

If we start Huard, then have to bring in Croyle. We can let Croyle play the season out. If we start Croyle, then Bring in Huard, only to bring Croyle back. Then things turn into a big mess IMO.

We wil have a better idea after pre-season game 2. If Brodie is struggling at that point Damon will start.

The brass want Brodie to be the man, but we can't afford a slow start with our schedule.
    ZONA

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    If we start Huard, then have to bring in Croyle. We can let Croyle play the season out. If we start Croyle, then Bring in Huard, only to bring Croyle back. Then things turn into a big mess IMO.
    If Croyle's good enough to bring back in, why would you bring in Huard to begin with?

From what I have heard from people at River Falls the last problem Croyle will have is a lack of confidence. Additionally, they say the difference between the two quarterbackks is apparent and the starting position has already been won by Brodie.

I say this because we have to have a good start. If we start off bad and the season is a wash he will be brought in for experience.

Don't get me wrong I want Brodie to be successful & if he is the guy who deserves to start than so be it. It would be nice to actually have a QB that grew up a Chief!! Anyone remember the last time we had someone who we didn't import from elsewhere??
    ZONA

Quote Originally Posted by zona chief View Post
    I say this because we have to have a good start. If we start off bad and the season is a wash he will be brought in for experience.

Don't get me wrong I want Brodie to be successful & if he is the guy who deserves to start than so be it. It would be nice to actually have a QB that grew up a Chief!! Anyone remember the last time we had someone who we didn't import from elsewhere??
    Exactly. Everyone we import has been proven in one way or another. QB is one of the hardest positions to take a chance on due to it being such a vital role. I really think it stems from wanting to play it safe.

Carl wants people in the stands. That's understandable. It's a gamble, though. You don't always get what you want by playing conservative. Sometimes, in order to win some, you've got to go with your gut. Do you risk losing? Yes. But guess what. You also risk winning, too. We've been conservative for so long. It's just time to take a chance. What have we got to lose? Not going to the Superbowl......again?

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Exactly. Everyone we import has been proven in one way or another. QB is one of the hardest positions to take a chance on due to it being such a vital role. I really think it stems from wanting to play it safe.

Carl wants people in the stands. That's understandable. It's a gamble, though. You don't always get what you want by playing conservative. Sometimes, in order to win some, you've got to go with your gut. Do you risk losing? Yes. But guess what. You also risk winning, too. We've been conservative for so long. It's just time to take a chance. What have we got to lose? Not going to the Superbowl......again?
    I agree go with your gut, and my gut says Damon ha ha

You men can be so hard headed! :p

Where's your sense of adventure?

If Huard starts, I'll be a little disappointed. I won't hate it though. I know that he's proven himself. I know that he can be relied upon. I know he has more experience. I'm just so excited about rebuilding (I know, I'm weird).

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    You men can be so hard headed! :p

Where's your sense of adventure?

If Huard starts, I'll be a little disappointed. I won't hate it though. I know that he's proven himself. I know that he can be relied upon. I know he has more experience. I'm just so excited about rebuilding (I know, I'm weird).
    It's not hard-headedness, it's conservatively thinking about winning that title. ha ha

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast