Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Taylor Next???

Default Jason Taylor Next???

It just dawned on me that there is a pretty good possibility that Zach Thomas brother in law Jason Taylor might be wearing the old red n gold this season. I mean, it would make a perfect fit for the Chiefs, and Taylor. We need a good defensive end, and hes the best one available on the market. Taylor, who played for years alongside Thomas in Miami, would probably be very open to joining forces again in Kansas City.

I think this would be an excellent pickup, and would definitely bring yet another layer of depth, and experience to a rapidly improving defense. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    It just dawned on me that there is a pretty good possibility that Zach Thomas brother in law Jason Taylor might be wearing the old red n gold this season. I mean, it would make a perfect fit for the Chiefs, and Taylor. We need a good defensive end, and hes the best one available on the market. Taylor, who played for years alongside Thomas in Miami, would probably be very open to joining forces again in Kansas City.

I think this would be an excellent pickup, and would definitely bring yet another layer of depth, and experience to a rapidly improving defense. I will keep my fingers crossed.
    I don't see us getting Taylor. Parcells and Taylor are at odds, and Haley is Parcells clone and son-in-law. Not to mention that we need big players on the DL, not Jason Taylor-types.

I wouldn't object to Taylor, simply because we have such a need at DE, but I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't see us getting Taylor. Parcells and Taylor are at odds, and Haley is Parcells clone and son-in-law. Not to mention that we need big players on the DL, not Jason Taylor-types.

I wouldn't object to Taylor, simply because we have such a need at DE, but I don't see it happening.
    Not that you need me to correct you, but Pioli, not Haley is Parcell's son-in-law.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

I agree.

Except I might be a bit happier about it if it did happen. I like Taylor too.

A couple of things. Parcells and Taylor patched things up last year. They're not best buddies or anything but there is no tension. But JT wants to go out with a ring. If he's not given a contract by Miami he could sign with NE to chase a championship or he could decided to go out with his brother-in-law and best buddy Zach.

If he isn't signed by Miami I'd say 50-50 on him wanting to come to KC. He wouldn't be likely to get a ring in KC but he'd be more comfortable working with his bro. Those guys had some dominating years in Miami. They dragged the rest of a sometime sorry team into the playoffs by sheer will it seemed. JT in KC for one year might be a big help.

One or two year contract.
    Reasonable $$$$$$.
    Bring his dancing a$$ into KC.

I mentioned this in the Thomas thread already. Here's what scares me. If we sign Taylor, it would be to fill the last LB position and likely wouldn't draft Curry. That means we would have 3 starting LBs 34 or older. Suddenly we went from the youngest defense in the league to the oldest.

Taylor wouldn't make any sense really... Thomas filled a hole, but we already have a 4-3 DE that we can experiment with as a 3-4 OLB named Tamba Hali, and he's much younger. He's never been a pro bowler like Taylor has, but Taylor's never been a pro bowler at LB either.

It's all mindless speculation, and a humorous thought mostly. I don't think it's a good fit, but Pioli seems to like the veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I mentioned this in the Thomas thread already. Here's what scares me. If we sign Taylor, it would be to fill the last LB position and likely wouldn't draft Curry. That means we would have 3 starting LBs 34 or older. Suddenly we went from the youngest defense in the league to the oldest.

Taylor wouldn't make any sense really... Thomas filled a hole, but we already have a 4-3 DE that we can experiment with as a 3-4 OLB named Tamba Hali, and he's much younger. He's never been a pro bowler like Taylor has, but Taylor's never been a pro bowler at LB either.

It's all mindless speculation, and a humorous thought mostly. I don't think it's a good fit, but Pioli seems to like the veterans.
    Taylor wouldn't be brought in as a LB. Hes a defensive end, and thats what he would play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Taylor wouldn't be brought in as a LB. Hes a defensive end, and thats what he would play for us.
    No way in hell can Jason Taylor play DE in a 3-4. He is 245 lbs soaking wet, another reason it's not a good fit.

Our next big signing is not going to be a defensive player, not counting the draft.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast