Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain this to me?

Default Can someone explain this to me?

There are 16 games in a season. 32 teams in the league.
    32\2 = 16

So why can't every team have 1 MNF game a year, instead of a team like the Faiders having 2 a year and the Chiefs having 0 in the past 4 years?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I don't really know. It is quite odd. But how much do Monday night football games matter?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I don't really know. It is quite odd. But how much do Monday night football games matter?
    Its a showcase game for the NFL to pit teams that the casual fan would want to watch

There's a reason why teams with poor records don't get prime time games, especially a team with a poor record and a small market. Its not about fairness on MNF its about what attracts the casual/bandwagon fan to watch football, get ratings, and generate big $$$.

Just imagine last year. Would you want to watch the MNF game featuring the Lions?

Edit: Lions is a bad example they get the Thanksgiving day game every year, how about the Rams?

I don't know, but it drives me absolutely bonkers that we hardly ever have a Monday Night game. We will find out soon whether or not we get lucky this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Its a showcase game for the NFL to pit teams that the casual fan would want to watch

There's a reason why teams with poor records don't get prime time games, especially a team with a poor record and a small market. Its not about fairness on MNF its about what attracts the casual/bandwagon fan to watch football, get ratings, and generate big $$$.

Just imagine last year. Would you want to watch the MNF game featuring the Lions?

Edit: Lions is a bad example they get the Thanksgiving day game every year, how about the Rams?
    fubbalo get the first MNF game of the year!! Explain that.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Well, to be fair , we had like a 1,000 mnf in the 90´s when the team was better. Including that MNF against Denver, oohh my, Elway v.s. Montana, last minute score... wait what? 4 years!?!

That sucks

cheers

With everything going on with the Chiefs we might be considered interesting again. We'll find out tuesday.

If I didn't have the Sunday Ticket, I would want as many games as possible to be on Monday night so I could actually watch a game, but since that isn't an issue I don't really care one way or another. It kind of drives me crazy to wait till Monday to watch them play. Heck, I can't hardly wait till 3:00 when they don't play at noon.

Monday night games arent even the marquis game anymore, its the sunday night game now.

Also, its all about fan base and revenue for ESPN, and, whether we KC fans like it or not, oakland has a large fanbase~

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Monday night games arent even the marquis game anymore, its the sunday night game now.

Also, its all about fan base and revenue for ESPN, and, whether we KC fans like it or not, oakland has a large fanbase~
    I think KC has a large fan base to. I mean look at the people from around the country here.

People go to arrowhead with no ticket and just tailgate the whole.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast