Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who wins and loses the divison???

Default who wins and loses the divison???

the afc west has change alot this offseason mostly chiefs and broncos. this can be a very though battle this season. who do you think wins and loses the divison? I'm taking the chiefs to win. and going for the upset radiers second. chargers third broncos to lose

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You're being sarcastic, right? Marty choked with a whole lot better teams than the 2007 and 2008 Chargers. Like every Chiefs team in the mid-90s.

Yeah, I'm still bitter.
    Marty had a good season. Just the post season seem to give him trouble.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Marty had a good season. Just the post season seem to give him trouble.
    Yeah, that's my point. Norv has bad regular seasons and good postseasons. The Chargers got closer to a SB with Norv than Marty ever dreamed.

How are you all defending Marty? After his pissed away the great Chiefs teams of the 90s and the great Chargers teams of the 00s with truly idiotic playoff decisions?

I agree with Tornado.... Chiefs to win and who cares about the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I agree with Tornado.... Chiefs to win and who cares about the rest!
    Got to love this Chief Chick, she is great!!! Nice to see a post from you tt. You the best.

Ok, here's my prediction, 11-5, Cassell will rock the house this season, Bowe will have a break out year, Tony G will break even more records, Curry will be only 1 shy of having a first year sack record, "TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY" will be heard over and over again and Kansas City's fan base will move up another notch from 2nd to 1st. We will win the afc west and next year will be even better! Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!..lol

Under Marty - 0 playoff wins.

Under Norv - 3 playoff wins.

Under Marty - 0 AFC Championship appearances.

Under Norv - 1 AFC Championship appearance.

Norv is the anti-Marty. He does badly in the regular season, but great in the playoffs. And as regular season champs don't get a trophy, Norv>>>Marty in San Diego.
    Yeah, good thing the players had nothing to do with Marty losing in the playoffs. I forget who the player was but I believe they had one of the CBs drop a pass right into his hands to lose and not get to the AFC Champ game. How could Marty do such a thing? It must be the players that gets teams to 12 and 13 wins and the coaching that loses in the end!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yeah, good thing the players had nothing to do with Marty losing in the playoffs. I forget who the player was but I believe they had one of the CBs drop a pass right into his hands to lose and not get to the AFC Champ game. How could Marty do such a thing? It must be the players that gets teams to 12 and 13 wins and the coaching that loses in the end!!

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!! People always try and blame coaches but honestly it comes down to the players. I mean especially when he coaches them to a good season record in the end it comes down to the players

1.) Chargers - 11-5 (Phillip Rivers + Shawne Merriman!!)
    2.) Chiefs - 7-9
    3.) Donks - 5-11
    3.) Raiders - 5-11

Rivers was very quietly one of the best QBs in the league last season...no reason to expect much less this time around with a healthy Antonio Gates...they need OL help badly though (thanks to Pioli for signing Goff!!!)

And Merriman at 80% is still a force to be reckoned with combined with Luis Castillo and the other NT they have (cant remember his name)...Jamall Williams perhaps? not sure..anyways, they also have good young corners so their defense will still be top 10, top 15 at worst...The Chargers will be good next season. Chiefs will be better, but not good enough to make the playoffs. sorry guys.

Bolts wil be lucky to go 8-8
    Merriman = cooked
    Chiefs win AFC West
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Good predictions, but I think the chargers will be neck and neck with the Chiefs at somewhere around 8-10 wins.
    I don't know what to expect from The Bolts. Norv has made that team worse and worse, and it is chock full of talent.

The loss of Goff is definitely something that could destroy them.

But they do still have alot of really good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    As long as Norv is coaching that team anything is possible. A couple years from now I bet they're in the same situation we were from 2007 up to the current. He's a born loser.
    Agreed.

Not to be the guy defending Norv Turner, but he's taken the Chargers to the Divisional Round of the playoffs and the AFC Championship in his two years there. He's coached the team better than Marty ever did.
    He's gotten by with a fantastic squad.

Under Marty - 0 playoff wins.

Under Norv - 3 playoff wins.

Under Marty - 0 AFC Championship appearances.

Under Norv - 1 AFC Championship appearance.

Norv is the anti-Marty. He does badly in the regular season, but great in the playoffs. And as regular season champs don't get a trophy, Norv>>>Marty in San Diego.
    He has had more overall success, but surely you've noticed how the team just isn't as good.

With Marty, they used to dominate the best division in The NFL.

With Norv, they are squeaking by the weakest division in the league.

Yeah, that's my point. Norv has bad regular seasons and good postseasons. The Chargers got closer to a SB with Norv than Marty ever dreamed.

How are you all defending Marty? After his pissed away the great Chiefs teams of the 90s and the great Chargers teams of the 00s with truly idiotic playoff decisions?
    Not so much defending Marty, as acknowledging that Norv is not a good head coach.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast