Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Micheal Silver from Yahoo

Default Micheal Silver from Yahoo

This is what I don't understand about chiefs fans not having hope in thier own team . Silver who is known for hsi brashness eevn believes the Chiefs are the rebuilding team with the ebst chance to do something next year. I am starting to like him more and more ! Chiefs are going to be a cinderella team next year ! Im calling it right here

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    You don't think the aquisitions of Cassel, Vrabel, Engram, Thomas, Goff, Haley, and Pioli can lead you to believe that the Chiefs will turn the corner this year?
    Not to mention the draft hasn't even yet begun.....
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You had me until "promising wide receiver." Franklin is a bum. He was a terrible draft pick and we're richer for having lost him.

BTW, everyone. Cassel will sign a long term contract before the season begins. We're not paying him $14M this year.
    If Pioli was smart, he wouldn't sign him until after the season. See what Cassel can do then sign him. We can make it work with our cap room. I know it's not realistic that we would do it that way, but it would be great if we did. We basically got a rookie QB with a little experience for a second round pick and did not have to sign him long term. So if he doesn't pan out, we're not stuck with his huge contract. I hope that Pioli feels a little more comfortable with him since he spend time with him in NE, but he's still not proven as a Chiefs. Hopefully, we'll find out something soon in regards to Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    We'll see. I am not an MU fan, so I don't much about Franklin. Fact of the matter you draft a player in the fourth round a year before. Logic would say at least wait until you see him play, work out, whatever for yourself. How can a coach judge a persons attitude if they haven't even been in the locker room yet.

I am fine cutting him, if they just think he sucks. I just don't see what it hurts to at least wait until after OTA's to get a better since of his attitude or skills.

I mean he was coached under Herm Edwards for a year. Give the guy some slack just for the fact he was poorly coached under Herm and see if you can fix the problem. Cut him in June then.
    Look at it this way: why take away reps from a player with a chance to make the team? Franklin is small, dumb, and fragile. He was one of many bad Herm Edwards picks. No use throwing good money after bad.

I think that the basic foundation is here, with one glaring exception: WR. Offensive and defensive line issues are along way in the right direction. The defense has had some muscle added, but when you get to WR, _____<---- that is what appears. If KC can't get a couple of serviceable bookends, this will be a strictly rebuilding (read:losing) season. I think they still can win 8-9 games, as is, but it will depend on how well Matt Cassell is protected. Let's be real:NYG-loss, Washington-loss, Pittsburgh-loss, San Diego-loss, Buffalo-loss, Jets-loss, Baltimore-loss, Philidelphia-loss. The rest of the schedule is whoever is the least bad team wins. I love the Chiefs, but optimism means 8 wins if things go well, 9 wins if they get lucky against Cincinatti.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I think that the basic foundation is here, with one glaring exception: WR. Offensive and defensive line issues are along way in the right direction. The defense has had some muscle added, but when you get to WR, _____<---- that is what appears. If KC can't get a couple of serviceable bookends, this will be a strictly rebuilding (read:losing) season. I think they still can win 8-9 games, as is, but it will depend on how well Matt Cassell is protected. Let's be real:NYG-loss, Washington-loss, Pittsburgh-loss, San Diego-loss, Buffalo-loss, Jets-loss, Baltimore-loss, Philidelphia-loss. The rest of the schedule is whoever is the least bad team wins. I love the Chiefs, but optimism means 8 wins if things go well, 9 wins if they get lucky against Cincinatti.
    Well done with your first post. to the Crowd BTW!

IMO, WR, CB, and QB are the only positions we don't need to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    IMO, WR, CB, and QB are the only positions we don't need to worry about.

KC has 0 deep threats. And even less hit and run recievers. These new guys are like drilling a well here in the desert, you can dig them, but you're not sure what you'll find at the bottom. They are too unproven to bank on. We need a couple tried and tested veterans. TO would have made KC instantly legitimate.

Forgot to say it, but ToGo is starting to show his age. I love the guy. He's a real stud, but there's little else.

KC has 0 deep threats. And even less hit and run recievers. These new guys are like drilling a well here in the desert, you can dig them, but you're not sure what you'll find at the bottom. They are too unproven to bank on. We need a couple tried and tested veterans. TO would have made KC instantly legitimate.
    Deep threat = Bradley.
    Tested veteran = Ingram .
    Hit and run = Bowe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast