Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Micheal Silver from Yahoo

Default Micheal Silver from Yahoo

This is what I don't understand about chiefs fans not having hope in thier own team . Silver who is known for hsi brashness eevn believes the Chiefs are the rebuilding team with the ebst chance to do something next year. I am starting to like him more and more ! Chiefs are going to be a cinderella team next year ! Im calling it right here

WR- Dwayne Bowe, Mark Bradley, Will Franklin, and Kevin Robinson

Dwayne Bowe is a legitimate #1 WR in the making and shouldn't be looked at as someone who needs to be replaced. He could very well turn into a #2 WR if the Chiefs get Boldin or Crabtree or Houshmandzadeh, but the Chiefs don't HAVE to go out and find that #1 WR. They would probably better served by finding a less expensive #2 WR. Mark Bradley was the #2 last season and he impressed a lot of people but he fell off dramatically during the second half of the season and could serve as a good #3 in the future. Will Franklin and Kevin Robinson still need time to develop as most late round WRs do and it's probably too soon to tell what they're going to become.

Here's a very good analysis from the roster thread. Too many maybes and could be's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    IMO, WR, CB, and QB are the only positions we don't need to worry about.
    We don't need to draft any more SSs, RBs, or TEs either.

We need to draft OL, DL, FS, and LB. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    WR- Dwayne Bowe, Mark Bradley, Will Franklin, and Kevin Robinson

Dwayne Bowe is a legitimate #1 WR in the making and shouldn't be looked at as someone who needs to be replaced. He could very well turn into a #2 WR if the Chiefs get Boldin or Crabtree or Houshmandzadeh, but the Chiefs don't HAVE to go out and find that #1 WR. They would probably better served by finding a less expensive #2 WR. Mark Bradley was the #2 last season and he impressed a lot of people but he fell off dramatically during the second half of the season and could serve as a good #3 in the future. Will Franklin and Kevin Robinson still need time to develop as most late round WRs do and it's probably too soon to tell what they're going to become.

Here's a very good analysis from the roster thread. Too many maybes and could be's.
    Housh went to Seattle. We aren't getting him. Franklin's been cut. Robinson will be gone by the end of training camp. We signed Engram as our #2.

Are you writing this post from the past?!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    We don't need to draft any more SSs, RBs, or TEs either.

We need to draft OL, DL, FS, and LB. That's it.

Yes, those are the positions of most need.

Housh went to Seattle. We aren't getting him. Franklin's been cut. Robinson will be gone by the end of training camp. We signed Engram as our #2.

Are you writing this post from the past?!
    I still feel a bit annoyed that he got cut, I always had a soft spot for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I still feel a bit annoyed that he got cut, I always had a soft spot for him.
    Franklin was a good college WR. He's too small and fragile to be a NFL WR. Much like Croyle, he's just not a fit for the NFL and will be out of the league pretty soon.

It sucks that we wasted our 4th round pick lat year, but here we are. Herm Edwards/CP picks were pretty awful across the board.

The point about the three "go-to" guys is still valid. They are "could be" and "might be" players. My point is, right now, not last month, the WR corp is untested and untried. They sputtered last year and it was "give them a chance, they're new-we need a QB". If you think Bradley, Ingram and Bowe are bankable, I am not sure what team you were watching last year.

Franklin was a good college WR. He's too small and fragile to be a NFL WR. Much like Croyle, he's just not a fit for the NFL and will be out of the league pretty soon.

It sucks that we wasted our 4th round pick lat year, but here we are. Herm Edwards/CP picks were pretty awful across the board.
    I always hate hearing or seeing those words. The reason is because I am not exactly a big kid for my age, actually i'm sorta short and I love the position of WR. That's why I hate those words.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    The point about the three "go-to" guys is still valid. They are "could be" and "might be" players. My point is, right now, not last month, the WR corp is untested and untried. They sputtered last year and it was "give them a chance, they're new-we need a QB". If you think Bradley, Ingram and Bowe are bankable, I am not sure what team you were watching last year.
    You are aware that Engram wasn't a Chief last year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I always hate hearing or seeing those words. The reason is because I am not exactly a big kid for my age, actually i'm sorta short and I love the position of WR. That's why I hate those words.
    Short WRs are plentiful. By small, I was talking about muscle and frame. Franklin's big advantage is his speed. He'd lose that if he put on more muscle.

It's a bad situation for him, but it's the way it is.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast