Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Micheal Silver from Yahoo

Default Micheal Silver from Yahoo

This is what I don't understand about chiefs fans not having hope in thier own team . Silver who is known for hsi brashness eevn believes the Chiefs are the rebuilding team with the ebst chance to do something next year. I am starting to like him more and more ! Chiefs are going to be a cinderella team next year ! Im calling it right here

you guys are crazy....given our schedule, i say we win 5-7 games at most next season...if thats enough for the playoffs (wow) then i think we could make a run into the conference chapionship perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    you guys are crazy....given our schedule, i say we win 5-7 games at most next season...if thats enough for the playoffs (wow) then i think we could make a run into the conference chapionship perhaps...
    Thanks for the insight.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post

See you are thinking with a negative mind. You are thinking we are the chiefs of last year and those teams are the same as last year. I got news for Cowgirl fans without TO eevryone will see ROMO for what he truly is and that is medicore QB. Pitt is ALWAYS tough fro some reason and the Giants on offense WHO KNOWS we CAN beat all those teams if we can come off the first ten games 5 -5 I think we can easily finish strong and go 9-7 I am a realist about winning the SB but why follow a team and not say they are super bowl bound ? Why n ot just be a may weather fan and lie to people and say I told you so ? I would rather say every year I think the chiefs are going to the super bowl then to doubt them because one year before I leave this earth they will win a SB and when that happens I will smile and say I told you so

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Pardon us for being optimistic... The truth is, that every "True" fan for every NFL team is optimistic around this time of year. I don't see whats wrong with being optimistic. I hope to think the economy is going to get better fast, I hope to think that the war will end soon, I hope to think I will find a better job soon, and i hope to think my Chiefs will win the division this year. Whats wrong with being optimistic and happy rather than pessimistic and blah?
    There is a big difference between optomistic, and unrealistic. Optomistic is expecting your team to get better make huges strides, beat the Raiders and Donkies and maybe make the play offs.

When people start predicting super bowl, and AFC titles games. It is just plain homerism and it grows on others and grows. Until people actually start believing it and when reality kicks in. The let down is more unbearable because the expectations were unrealistic to start.

My point, I am not being negative either. I am just saying. We don't even know the full make up of this team, and people are already off their rockers. Can we at least see who we draft, before we are super bowl bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    You don't think the aquisitions of Cassel, Vrabel, Engram, Thomas, Goff, Haley, and Pioli can lead you to believe that the Chiefs will turn the corner this year?
    Not to mention the draft hasn't even yet begun.....
    to answer you question. I don't think Cassel is an improvement over thigpen without upgrading the offensive line. Even then I don't know if he is an upgrade, specially for 14 million dollars.

Vrabel, Engram, Thomas are clearly a season, game or play away from being to old. They are just band aids to slow down the holes Herm Created. I like the signings, don't get me wrong. But they may be nothing more than what Donnie Edwards was. A coach on the field. They are short term solutions, that may not finish the season.

I know nothing about Haley as a HC. I can't judge him positively or negatively. The same as Pioli running his own franchise.

They already cut a promising Wr. They could have waited until after OTA's or the draft before letting him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    They already cut a promising Wr. They could have waited until after OTA's or the draft before letting him go.

Well you said yourself that you cannot judge fairly without knowing the facts of the matter, so how can you judge the release of Franklin without knowing the facts in the matter. For all we could know is that this "promising" wr your speaking of could of had a horrible attitude, off the field problems, and whatever else that did not fit into the system. I believe that Pioli and Haley would not release anyone unless they didn't see them being an integral part of the Chiefs organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    to answer you question. I don't think Cassel is an improvement over thigpen without upgrading the offensive line. Even then I don't know if he is an upgrade, specially for 14 million dollars.

Vrabel, Engram, Thomas are clearly a season, game or play away from being to old. They are just band aids to slow down the holes Herm Created. I like the signings, don't get me wrong. But they may be nothing more than what Donnie Edwards was. A coach on the field. They are short term solutions, that may not finish the season.

I know nothing about Haley as a HC. I can't judge him positively or negatively. The same as Pioli running his own franchise.

You had me until "promising wide receiver." Franklin is a bum. He was a terrible draft pick and we're richer for having lost him.

BTW, everyone. Cassel will sign a long term contract before the season begins. We're not paying him $14M this year.

listen i love the team as much as anyone and want to belive we are headed in the right direction but lets wait and see before we start talking playoffs guys. remember we were 2-14 last year, now we have made some solid moves so far but im gonna wait and see what happens right now we look like maybe 808 at best that schedule is pretty tough

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Well you said yourself that you cannot judge fairly without knowing the facts of the matter, so how can you judge the release of Franklin without knowing the facts in the matter. For all we could know is that this "promising" wr your speaking of could of had a horrible attitude, off the field problems, and whatever else that did not fit into the system. I believe that Pioli and Haley would not release anyone unless they didn't see them being an integral part of the Chiefs organization.
    We'll see. I am not an MU fan, so I don't much about Franklin. Fact of the matter you draft a player in the fourth round a year before. Logic would say at least wait until you see him play, work out, whatever for yourself. How can a coach judge a persons attitude if they haven't even been in the locker room yet.

I am fine cutting him, if they just think he sucks. I just don't see what it hurts to at least wait until after OTA's to get a better since of his attitude or skills.

I mean he was coached under Herm Edwards for a year. Give the guy some slack just for the fact he was poorly coached under Herm and see if you can fix the problem. Cut him in June then.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You had me until "promising wide receiver." Franklin is a bum. He was a terrible draft pick and we're richer for having lost him.

BTW, everyone. Cassel will sign a long term contract before the season begins. We're not paying him $14M this year.
    At least I had you....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast