Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Realism?

Default Realism?

I am a homer!! One of the biggest around. I love the Chiefs and I talk sh!t about how great they are all the time. I think they will win every game they play and I think we are going to have a kick as$ season. I don't question the fandom of others. You want to say we will be 3-13 this year go ahead!! I don't know how mcuh fun that is but its your choice. However, I am getting real tired of the "realists" You think that if you say we are going to be a poor team then you are a "realist" but the fact is, that is a pessimist. Please stop acting like you know everything just because you can predict that we might only win 5 games. Fact is we are halfway through FA and a week and a bit from the draft and yet you "realists" (who are actually pessimists who don't get the meaning of the words) seem to have a realistic idea of what the team is going to be like in Sept with very little information. So, to be a realist I would think you need all the facts before you make a judgement, otherwise it is a guess and you are guessing on the negative side because you are a pessimist. Does not make you a better or worse fan but stop acting like you are basing all you opinions on fact. you are not because all the facts are not in yet!!

re⋅al⋅is⋅tic–adjective 1.interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical: a realistic estimate of costs; a realistic planner. 2.pertaining to, characterized by, or given to the representation in literature or art of things as they really are: a realistic novel. 3.resembling or simulating real life: a duck hunter skilled at making realistic decoys. 4.Philosophy. of or pertaining to realists or realism.

pes·si·mism A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view: "We have seen too much defeatism, too much pessimism, too much of a negative approach" (Margo Jones).
    1. The doctrine or belief that this is the worst of all possible worlds and that all things ultimately tend toward evil.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

My beer is completely empty. And I'm sad.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    My beer is completely empty. And I'm sad.
    Just grab another one, they come in cases ya know!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Just grab another one, they come in cases ya know!!
    Not when you're poor.

"If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Originally Posted by Canada
    I am a homer!! One of the biggest around. I love the Chiefs and I talk sh!t about how great they are all the time. I think they will win every game they play .....

i to expect them to score on every play, make every stop, win every game. it is not realistic, but it is what a fan expects in his heart. although his [or her] head may tell you its impossible, the heart continues to hold onto to hope on every play. "fan" is short for fanatic and there is nothing realist to a fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    Originally Posted by Canada
    I am a homer!! One of the biggest around. I love the Chiefs and I talk sh!t about how great they are all the time. I think they will win every game they play .....

i to expect them to score on every play, make every stop, win every game. it is not realistic, but it is what a fan expects in his heart. although his [or her] head may tell you its impossible, the heart continues to hold onto to hope on every play. "fan" is short for fanatic and there is nothing realist to a fanatic
    I am, a Fanatic with homerists tendencies! I am, what I am!
    rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I don't blame them for feeling that way, however, feeling that way is pessimistic not realistic.

Pessimistically ...we will be bad because we were bad last year ( that is just plain uninformed logic)

Realistically ...we have a new Coach, GM, Coordinators and players. Things could be on the way up.

I don't care what peoples opinions are, I am just tired of the pessimistic opinions being considers the "realsistic" ones. Why is 10 wins so unrealistic?
    How does the reality compare to the prediction? If it is real close, then that qualifies as realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Well said Canada. The truth is there is no realism at this point in any predictions or opinions. The truth is we came off our worse season ever, we had a very positive management change, we brought in a lot of new guys and no one will know how they play.

The point is, nobody knows if were gonna be giving the lions a run for their money again, or if were gonna be this years Miami Dolphins, it is way too early to tell. So why not be optomistic about our team, and at least have a good feeling all the way until we see them. A lot of you guys need to stop acting like this fella below.
    Nobody ever knows until it is done.

By that mentality, you can't make a realistic guess on the outcome of a game until it is over.

When one attempts to make a realistic guess, even before the draft, it is based on the facts that are already available.

Obviously, there will always be facts that aren't available, even right before kickoff.

Injuries are completely random sometimes.

Did the HB over eat?

Did the FS's wife cheat on him lastnight?

Is the TE's allergy acting up?

Did the RDE wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

You never have all of the facts.

That's what makes it a guess.

And a realistic guess is made, based upon the facts that you do have, and opinions that you have formed.

It's an attempt to remove any bias, rather it be pessimistic, or optimistic, and make a guess to what will happen.

I'm hearing that I am a pessimist because I have guess poor results for The Chiefs.

But it is still based on my best educated guess. And, in my opinion, realism.

If you wish to consider it pessimism, then hooray for you, for forming an opinion.

But, I am going to continue to present my guesses as realism, because that is where I am coming from with it.

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

If you wish to consider it pessimism, then hooray for you, for forming an opinion.

But, I am going to continue to present my guesses as realism, because that is where I am coming from with it.

Get over it.
    Well that's your opinion and your entitled to it, just as I am to mine. I just think its completely ridiculous to write off a team before even seeing them play one down! Well if you wanna think that the Chiefs are going to have a dreadful season, good for you. But I am going to spend my time until the season starts having a great sense of pride, hope, and confidence that are Chiefs will give it their all, and win 3 to 5 times more games this coming season. And by the way, with your "realism", if you were a dolphin or a Falcons fan last year, you probably would have been completely wrong.

Heres what I know, any team in the NFL has a chance to win against any other team they face, that's realism.

How does the reality compare to the prediction? If it is real close, then that qualifies as realism.

By that mentality, you can't make a realistic guess on the outcome of a game until it is over.

When one attempts to make a realistic guess, even before the draft, it is based on the facts that are already available.

Obviously, there will always be facts that aren't available, even right before kickoff.

Did the HB over eat?

And a realistic guess is made, based upon the facts that you do have, and opinions that you have formed.

It's an attempt to remove any bias, rather it be pessimistic, or optimistic, and make a guess to what will happen.

I'm hearing that I am a pessimist because I have guess poor results for The Chiefs.

Get over it.
    Just stop it, You have and will always be a pessimistic member, and mod, I have questions about why you are a mod, but neverless you are, now own up to being who you are, a pessimist! A Chief fan yes you are, but always looking to put down the homers!

Did the HB over eat?

Get over it.
    Yeah, because those factors are equally as important as who is going to be on the team. You say what side a player got out of bed makes a difference. Who is the player you are referring to? Oh, thats right. The guy who isn't even on the team. Well educated guess. You keep an eye out for who has the latest case of the runs and the rest of us will watch the new team be built!! Have fun!!

I think Chief31 is getting a bad rep on this one. Ive def. had my run ins with him in the past. But...

I have never seen anybody slam anyone for being a sunshiner. Saying "oh, your so opmisitic!"

yet it seems its OK for optimists to slam someone who feels concern for the team and willing to accept the most likely.

There is nothing wrong with being a "happy go lucky".

But they dont say "the truth hurts" for nothing. And the truth is that we just experienced our worst 2 year stretch in Chiefs history!

Therefore....

Chances are we are not going to recover in one year and go undefeated to win the superbowl.
    And Im sorry if that offends any of you.

Im excited about Cassell being on this team. Does that make me an optimist?

Im not sure about ol timers like Vrabel and Zach Thomas. Does that make me a pessimest?

All it means is that I have an opinion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast