Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Realism?

Default Realism?

I am a homer!! One of the biggest around. I love the Chiefs and I talk sh!t about how great they are all the time. I think they will win every game they play and I think we are going to have a kick as$ season. I don't question the fandom of others. You want to say we will be 3-13 this year go ahead!! I don't know how mcuh fun that is but its your choice. However, I am getting real tired of the "realists" You think that if you say we are going to be a poor team then you are a "realist" but the fact is, that is a pessimist. Please stop acting like you know everything just because you can predict that we might only win 5 games. Fact is we are halfway through FA and a week and a bit from the draft and yet you "realists" (who are actually pessimists who don't get the meaning of the words) seem to have a realistic idea of what the team is going to be like in Sept with very little information. So, to be a realist I would think you need all the facts before you make a judgement, otherwise it is a guess and you are guessing on the negative side because you are a pessimist. Does not make you a better or worse fan but stop acting like you are basing all you opinions on fact. you are not because all the facts are not in yet!!

re⋅al⋅is⋅tic–adjective 1.interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical: a realistic estimate of costs; a realistic planner. 2.pertaining to, characterized by, or given to the representation in literature or art of things as they really are: a realistic novel. 3.resembling or simulating real life: a duck hunter skilled at making realistic decoys. 4.Philosophy. of or pertaining to realists or realism.

pes·si·mism A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view: "We have seen too much defeatism, too much pessimism, too much of a negative approach" (Margo Jones).
    1. The doctrine or belief that this is the worst of all possible worlds and that all things ultimately tend toward evil.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I am a homer!! One of the biggest around. I love the Chiefs and I talk sh!t about how great they are all the time. I think they will win every game they play .....

Thats not realistic

Seriously, you cant blame somebody for thinking we are going to struggle after seeing our worst season ever.

Its not like anybody here wants the Chiefs to do bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Thats not realistic

Seriously, you cant blame somebody for thinking we are going to struggle after seeing our worst season ever.

Its not like anybody here wants the Chiefs to do bad.
    I don't blame them for feeling that way, however, feeling that way is pessimistic not realistic.

Pessimistically ...we will be bad because we were bad last year ( that is just plain uninformed logic)

Realistically ...we have a new Coach, GM, Coordinators and players. Things could be on the way up.

I don't care what peoples opinions are, I am just tired of the pessimistic opinions being considers the "realsistic" ones. Why is 10 wins so unrealistic?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Well said Canada. The truth is there is no realism at this point in any predictions or opinions. The truth is we came off our worse season ever, we had a very positive management change, we brought in a lot of new guys and no one will know how they play.

The point is, nobody knows if were gonna be giving the lions a run for their money again, or if were gonna be this years Miami Dolphins, it is way too early to tell. So why not be optomistic about our team, and at least have a good feeling all the way until we see them. A lot of you guys need to stop acting like this fella below.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Kevin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Kevin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.jpg[/IMG]

Rep! :)
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Rep! :)
    I'll second that!:)

I am with Canada, and yes I am a,
    HOMER! and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I don't blame them for feeling that way, however, feeling that way is pessimistic not realistic.

Pessimistically ...we will be bad because we were bad last year ( that is just plain uninformed logic)

Realistically ...we have a new Coach, GM, Coordinators and players. Things could be on the way up.

I don't care what peoples opinions are, I am just tired of the pessimistic opinions being considers the "realsistic" ones. Why is 10 wins so unrealistic?
    I don't think 10 wins is unrealistic, nor do I think 6 or 11 is either. Am I a optirealispessimist?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I don't think 10 wins is unrealistic, nor do I think 6 or 11 is either. Am I a optirealispessimist?
    I know how you display your pesmoptirealistiistive point of view!!

I am with you Canada I am so tire of all these pessimist saying we will be lucky to win 4 games or whatever as thought it was fact when in FACT no one knows what we will be like. Now they might be able to come back in here after the season and and I told you so but until then how about a some positive vibes. I get tired of all the glass is half empty attitudes in here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast