Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Coffee as RB from Alabama

Default Glenn Coffee as RB from Alabama

I think this guy would be a great pick-up for anyone in later rounds. He's a tough runner and always wants the extra yard. He is a pretty balanced player with speed, power and pass catching.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I think this guy would be a great pick-up for anyone in later rounds. He's a tough runner and always wants the extra yard. He is a pretty balanced player with speed, power and pass catching.
    No. As we're apparently not trading/cutting LJ, we don't need another RB. We have enough needs that every one of our picks counts.

I would be more prone to Shonn Greene, from The University Of Iowa. He would be a great addition to The Chiefs, so would linebacker Mitch King from here.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    No. As we're apparently not trading/cutting LJ, we don't need another RB. We have enough needs that every one of our picks counts.
    Don't count that out yet.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Don't count that out yet.

Correct.

And besides, Lamerson, I said he would be a good pick-up for ANYONE in the later rounds.

Regardless, if we keep LJ or not, we still need competition at the RB spot and if I recall, other than LJ, we do not have a power type runner that can catch AND block.

Shonne Green would not be a bad idea either. I am sure the Pioli group is NOT ruling out anything that may improve the team although RB's may be lower on the list.

Correct.

And besides, Lamerson, I said he would be a good pick-up for ANYONE in the later rounds.

Regardless, if we keep LJ or not, we still need competition at the RB spot and if I recall, other than LJ, we do not have a power type runner that can catch AND block.

Shonne Green would not be a bad idea either. I am sure the Pioli group is NOT ruling out anything that may improve the team although RB's may be lower on the list.
    Believe it or not, we don't need to draft RBs, TEs, and Ss every single year, even though we inevitably do. It would be nice to have a draft focused on positions that we actually need rather than on depth/competition. You know, the kind of draft we haven't had for a decade or so.

Correct.

LJ can catch and block?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Everyone else was like "No the chiefs dont need him!" haha, but I agree that Coffee would be a good addition to any team. It's tough to call where he goes in the draft, but if he isn't drafted until the 5th round or so, then he will be a great pick up and if he's in the right situation, he could contribute immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I would be more prone to Shonn Greene, from The University Of Iowa. He would be a great addition to The Chiefs, so would linebacker Mitch King from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Shonn is a solid strong and speedy back that has that second gear for when he gets into the open field he clicks on the after burners and scores a TD. If he can translate that into the NFL he will be a awsome pick up for any team. Mitch King , damn man I love the kid cuz he is the perfect scenerio when you say it isn't the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. He is under sized compared to most DLinemen but if anyone under estimates him because of that will pay the price because he can take on most 300 pounders on the line and still get sacks. I have watched him do it against Penn State and Ohio State. Both teams are known for having very large OLinemen and he would take over games because he could. The crazy thing too is he does it when the team needs it, it isn't a all game party but when the team needs a defensive shut down to win the game, Mitch is a step up guy. With that said I just don't know if he is a Pioli guy, Pioli likes big nasty 330 pound DT's and if he were to look at the films on Mitch I think he would love the guy but I just don't see him doing that. Would be killer to have either guy on the Chiefs though.
    links, post a link on these guys. If there is any.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Shonn is a solid strong and speedy back that has that second gear for when he gets into the open field he clicks on the after burners and scores a TD. If he can translate that into the NFL he will be a awsome pick up for any team. Mitch King , damn man I love the kid cuz he is the perfect scenerio when you say it isn't the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. He is under sized compared to most DLinemen but if anyone under estimates him because of that will pay the price because he can take on most 300 pounders on the line and still get sacks. I have watched him do it against Penn State and Ohio State. Both teams are known for having very large OLinemen and he would take over games because he could. The crazy thing too is he does it when the team needs it, it isn't a all game party but when the team needs a defensive shut down to win the game, Mitch is a step up guy. With that said I just don't know if he is a Pioli guy, Pioli likes big nasty 330 pound DT's and if he were to look at the films on Mitch I think he would love the guy but I just don't see him doing that. Would be killer to have either guy on the Chiefs though.
    Amen to that. Mitch went to high school with my wife, just 15 minutes north of where I live, so we are all rooting for him.

Rep to you my fellow Iowan!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast