Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Madden Retires

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    good bye faider!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    Posts
    1,467
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I will miss your stating the obvious play by play announcing.

    Favorite madden quote: "Your not going to get that first down, unless you can find a way to get to that first down marker"

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Interesting that this comes on the heels of Philadelphia's long time broadcaster Harry Kalas dying. And Madden, like Kallas, is also 73. Kalas died while preparing for a Phillies game in the booth at Washington. Madden may have been influenced by this in deciding that at 73 it's time to quit.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    Posts
    1,467
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Interesting that this comes on the heels of Philadelphia's long time broadcaster Harry Kalas dying. And Madden, like Kallas, is also 73. Kalas died while preparing for a Phillies game in the booth at Washington. Madden may have been influenced by this in deciding that at 73 it's time to quit.
    Great insight there, thanks for sharing.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I will miss your stating the obvious play by play announcing.

    Favorite madden quote: "Your not going to get that first down, unless you can find a way to get to that first down marker"
    Ironic tho, Len Dawson is kinda of the same really.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Great insight there, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks :) Yeah I heard the news at work today at lunch and some guys were speculating about the Kalas thing.

    And yeah our great Lenny Dawson is also around 73 yikes. But boy, Lenny looks so much younger than Madden!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sexy Ville
    Posts
    1,383
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Ironic tho, Len Dawson is kinda of the same really.
    not really. Len only states the obvious when the Defense (or offense) arent doing what they obviously should be doing.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    not really. Len only states the obvious when the Defense (or offense) arent doing what they obviously should be doing.
    yea, and thats annoying. he just don't need to make side comments like that.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sexy Ville
    Posts
    1,383
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    yea, and thats annoying. he just don't need to make side comments like that.
    No Way! thats what makes Mitch and Len so great!

    Len represents you and the fans by saying "what the hell where you thinkin?, youve got to do this!"

Similar Threads

  1. Madden Players
    By Vanilla Garilla in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 02:04 AM
  2. Who retires/leaves after the season?
    By jmlamerson in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 10:11 PM
  3. Farve Retires
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:28 AM
  4. Madden or All Pro????
    By Bighurt27 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 03:41 AM
  5. Roaf Retires
    By hyperlite in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 02:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •