Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Johnson was he missused ?

Default Derrick Johnson was he missused ?

I think he was! Early in the season the pass rushes he was involved in were awsume! He flat ran over most anyone that tried to block him. :hammer: Im betting herm saw that too! That was some crazy stuff watching Derrick take fullbacks out with a full speed running hit. All i have to say is turn that man loose. ;-)

Default Re: Derrick Johnson was he missused ?

Guru wrote:
    milkman wrote:
    As much as I dislike Gun, in the use of DJ, he didn't make a mistake.

DJ can, with his speed, rush the passer.

But his strength lies in getting into passing lanes and creating havoc and turnovers in open space.

Because pass D is more complex than simply just rushing the passer, it takes longer for a player like DJ to asimilate info, and use that knowledge to make plays.

He's had a year in the NFL.
    His play will be more instinctive and fluid this year.

With the Chiefs apparently converting to a cover 2 as their base D, DJ will excel.

Think Derrick Brooks.

Or go back further, think Jack Lambert.
    It will be interesting to see how everything pans out with the defense this year. I sure hope we see more improvement than last year. I certainly expect it... but expecting and getting are two totally different things.
    At this point; I would like to have high expectations, but really don't have a clue as to what to expect. (Not that that's anything new)

Chiefster wrote:

At this point; I would like to have high expectations, but really don't have a clue as to what to expect. (Not that that's anything new)
    I am renaming you....

Deciseless :hammer:
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:

I am renaming you....

Deciseless :hammer:
    Eh; you're just now figuring that out?

by Guru on 2006/7/2 0:59:46
    It will be interesting to see how everything pans out with the defense this year. I sure hope we see more improvement than last year. I certainly expect it... but expecting and getting are two totally different things
    If this defense is going to see any real improvement, someone from the group that includes Ryan Sims, Lional Dalton, Ron Edwards, and/or James Reed will have to step up and become a force in the middle.

I expect to get better production from Jared Allen, DJ, and Kawika.

I also expect better production from the left end position with the addition of Tamba Hali.

But none of it will be enough if someone in the middle doesn't command respect from the opposition O-Line.

milkman wrote:
    by Guru on 2006/7/2 0:59:46
    It will be interesting to see how everything pans out with the defense this year. I sure hope we see more improvement than last year. I certainly expect it... but expecting and getting are two totally different things
    If this defense is going to see any real improvement, someone from the group that includes Ryan Sims, Lional Dalton, Ron Edwards, and/or James Reed will have to step up and become a force in the middle.

I expect to get better production from Jared Allen, DJ, and Kawika.

I also expect better production from the left end position with the addition of Tamba Hali.

But none of it will be enough if someone in the middle doesn't command respect from the opposition O-Line.

Exactly! Quite frankley Sims has just sucked from day one, except from a few flashes. IMO.

I still think Sims can step it up.

Half of his problem has been injury.

I'm hoping that Krumrie can fix his motivation issues by season's start.

Get him motivated and keep him healthy and we can actually win the battle in the trenches.

milkman wrote:
    I still think Sims can step it up.

Half of his problem has been injury.

I'm hoping that Krumrie can fix his motivation issues by season's start.

Get him motivated and keep him healthy and we can actually win the battle in the trenches.
    Has he completed an entire season; not trying to be a wise guy here - I honestly don't know. I think much of his injury whoes in the past has been due to lack of conditioning. That, IMO, is a personal character issue that I, like you, hope that Herm will be successful in addressing with Sims.

Sims played in all 16 games in '03.

milkman wrote:
    Sims played in all 16 games in '03.
    One entire season over the past five is not a good track record; I'd say he has just about used up his chances.

If Sims can come back and play at the level he started the season with last year, then I am looking forward to seeing what he can do for the entire season. If continues is track record though, I would say this would be his last season as a Chief.

I still won't be surprised if he is playing for another team by the end of preseason if the coaches are not getting what he wants out of him.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast