Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Johnson was he missused ?

Default Derrick Johnson was he missused ?

I think he was! Early in the season the pass rushes he was involved in were awsume! He flat ran over most anyone that tried to block him. :hammer: Im betting herm saw that too! That was some crazy stuff watching Derrick take fullbacks out with a full speed running hit. All i have to say is turn that man loose. ;-)

Default Re: Derrick Johnson was he missused ?

Definitely! Guru's signature animated GIF makes the point you're outlining here quite nicely. I would like to see a lot more of him just pass rushing the QB like that, although he also proved his worth by sitting back, playing his position, and avoiding the block in run situations.

As long as Gun can find a way to get him unblocked at least one to two times per game, he will be an absolute force. :hammer:
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

It all starts at the D-Line. If our boys can get some push, it will free up guys like Johnson and Bell. I think Bell and Johnson can cause some real problems if they are used according to their talents. It would be pretty cool to see the both of those guys rushing the passer on some plays........

Welcome Briank!!!

I think Bell could be this seasons story. If they get him in his proper position, he and DJ could be monsters. With Gun at the defensive helm, having HIS coaches, plus a defensive minded head coach.... This could be a fun year.

I totally agree!

Night all!

Don't get me wrong. When bell was with pittsburg man he was a monster. But it seemed his playing weight was a bit less. Or mabey he was just moving so fast he looked lighter. lol. What do you wanna bet he is in a heck of alot better shape for this season .

I am counting on it.

briank wrote:
    I totally agree!

Night all!
    Nite briank; and welcome! :hammer:

KC-Krazo wrote:
    Don't get me wrong. When bell was with pittsburg man he was a monster. But it seemed his playing weight was a bit less. Or mabey he was just moving so fast he looked lighter. lol. What do you wanna bet he is in a heck of alot better shape for this season .
    I'll bet that is a safe bet. :-)

Johnson and Bell; the next 1-2 punch???

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast