Thread: Sorting threads in forums

Default Sorting threads in forums

Whenever I click on a forum, it would be a lot easier if they were sorted by latest post. I'm not talking about within the thread. I already have that by latest post first. I'm talking about the lists of threads in the forums. I open the General Smack Talk forum, then I have to click on Latest Post to put thim into some kind of order that makes sense. I know it's just one extra click, but I'm lazy. :)
    Everything happens for a reason.

They used to do that on their own, I think. I don't go into the specific forums much anynore. I just go straight to the "unread posts" option and it brings up the most recently posted-in threads, from every forum.

Edit: It is unread, not new. Nice catch Admin.
    Last edited by chief31; 08-04-2007 at 01:38 PM.

The Unread post link is at the top right part of your screen. That is all I use as well.

I use that, too, but I don't always want to read every single thread that's been posted in. Or, if I'm looking for a particular thread that I know has been posted in recently, but maybe not since the last time I logged on, it would make it much easier to find without having to search.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I use that, too, but I don't always want to read every single thread that's been posted in. Or, if I'm looking for a particular thread that I know has been posted in recently, but maybe not since the last time I logged on, it would make it much easier to find without having to search.
    You can sort however you'd like. Go to User CP-->Options. Scroll down the page and you will see a place to edit how the threads are sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You can sort however you'd like. Go to User CP-->Options. Scroll down the page and you will see a place to edit how the threads are sorted.
    I must be blind. The only thing I see is to sort posts within a thread, not threads within a forum. That, and how old the threads get before they don't show in the forum. I have both of those set. Am I missing it in there somewhere?

Eh. It's really not a big deal, or worth spending any excessive amount of time trying to figure out. Just thought I'd mention it is all.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Eh. It's really not a big deal, or worth spending any excessive amount of time trying to figure out. Just thought I'd mention it is all.
    Should be fixed now. It was sorting them alphabetically for some reason. Great catch!!!! More rep added.

Luv, why don't you go highjack a signature?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=703

The one's that Admin posted are all usable, but the two I posted are not.

Nice job luv! ;) Rep your way!