Thread: Scott Pioli ad Todd Haley Talk about the Draft

Hybrid View

Default Scott Pioli ad Todd Haley Talk about the Draft

Im not sure if this is the place to post this, but there is an excellent video of Scott Pioli and Todd Haley talking about the Draft. To see the video Click This:

VIDEO: Scott Pioli and Todd Haley Talk about the Chiefs'*Draft - Arrowhead Pride

Well after viewing that video a couple of times, i come away with one strong feeling: Scott Pioli is very confident in what they are building in KC, and it looks like they will do very well at the draft, whether its trading down or picking up Curry.

I'm interested to see who we pick, but I'm not guessing on who it will be.

If the Draft started when the Cassel/Vrabel Trade was made then that means that we'll have to grab an O-tackle to protect Cassel since we got 2 LBs in the offseason... you know, kind of what Miami and ATL did last year.. Drafting Long.. then Henne... and ATL went Ryan then USC Oline... (This is my interpretation of what he said)...
    Last edited by kcmostwanted; 04-17-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    If the Draft started when the Cassel/Vrabel Trade was made then that means that we'll have to grab an O-tackle to protect Cassel since we got 2 LBs in the offseason... you know, kind of what Miami and ATL did last year.. Drafting Long.. then Henne... and ATL went Ryan then USC Oline... (This is my interpretation of what he said)...
    interesting view...i think no.3 is a really good spot to be in right now guys. we can either a.) get a fine defensive player in Curry that can help immediately. b.) if curry is taken, then we can grab an O-Lineman which protects Cassell and also helps LJ/Charles for years to come or c.) if both are taken, or if we get a good enough offer, we can trade down to whoever wants Stafford the best...and get more picks in the middle rounds (also awesome)

i would be happy with any 3 scenario...suffice to say, there is no DE or DT worth no.3 overall right now...Maybin looks like the best one to me, but i still wouldnt take him at 3...

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    interesting view...i think no.3 is a really good spot to be in right now guys. we can either a.) get a fine defensive player in Curry that can help immediately. b.) if curry is taken, then we can grab an O-Lineman which protects Cassell and also helps LJ/Charles for years to come or c.) if both are taken, or if we get a good enough offer, we can trade down to whoever wants Stafford the best...and get more picks in the middle rounds (also awesome)

i would be happy with any 3 scenario...suffice to say, there is no DE or DT worth no.3 overall right now...Maybin looks like the best one to me, but i still wouldnt take him at 3...
    the beauty of it is that there is Curry and exactly 2 premier OTs that are essentially equally skilled, except one specializes more in pass protection and the other in run blocking. so we will have a great option available no matter what.

I'm just glad to see someone other then Carl and his ugly *** suits.