Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcons Interested in Tony Gonzalez

Default Falcons Interested in Tony Gonzalez

The National Football Post | Notes From Lombardi: Sunday Edition

THINGS I HEARD AROUND THE NFL LAST WEEK …
    3.The Falcons are seriously considering trading for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez and might even give up their second-round pick to make the deal.
    Interesting. A second round pick would be hard to pass up, even for the best TE in NFL history, at 33 anyway.

Please Pioli!! Don't Accept The Trade!!!!!

Listen to Clark and Scott ATL, GONZO IS STAYING!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Listen to Clark and Scott ATL, GONZO IS STAYING!
    Oh yeah, scott has a brain...:)

I love Tony G. He's the best TE in the history of the game, and the best player on our roster. He'll catch 8 TDs and 1,000 yards for the next 2-3 years. And I have no faith in Cottam to achieve even half Tony's production.

That being said, if we can get the 55th pick in the draft for Tony, we have to do it. We have so many needs at vital positions (3-4 DEs, NT, OLB, FS, RG, RT), and this pick could fill one of them. To have a great TE is a good thing, but we aren't going to win games without a real RT or DE.

If we do make the trade, it might make everyone feel better to look at it like we traded Tony G. and the 34th pick for Cassel/Vrabel and the 55th pick. And that we got Tony a legitimate chance at a ring on an up-and-coming young team in a very weak NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I love Tony G. He's the best TE in the history of the game, and the best player on our roster. He'll catch 8 TDs and 1,000 yards for the next 2-3 years. And I have no faith in Cottam to achieve even half Tony's production.

That being said, if we can get the 55th pick in the draft for Tony, we have to do it. We have so many needs at vital positions (3-4 DEs, NT, OLB, FS, RG, RT), and this pick could fill one of them. To have a great TE is a good thing, but we aren't going to win games without a real RT or DE.

If we do make the trade, it might make everyone feel better to look at it like we traded Tony G. and the 34th pick for Cassel/Vrabel and the 55th pick. And that we got Tony a legitimate chance at a ring on an up-and-coming young team in a very weak NFC.
    IMO it would be a horrible loss to trade Tony Gonzalez. As a lot of people sy including ME; he is the best TE in the history of the NFL! Without him this team wouldn't play as well IMO because he is the sort of trademark of the team. Without him this team would fall apart and be evan harder to rebuild. So IMO wo should definatley NOT trade Tony G because we have had one of the best off-seasons in a very long time and why ruin it now by trading our star TE?!
    And yes cottam was drafted last year and has barely gotten a go if any last season. In a way I feal sorry for him. But with Tony G to compete with for 1st string and the QB's favorite receiver, he really has no chance at all.
    Last edited by AussieChiefsFan; 04-12-2009 at 11:22 AM.

I highly disagree. Cassel is going to need a "go to guy" in his first year with the chiefs, a player that he can feel secure with on 3rd and long situations, and someone he can trust in the endzone. With that being said, the only receiver we have that fits that description is Tony Gonzales. We need to keep Gonzales at least one more year without a shadow of a doubt, even on the business side of things. This man creates plays, which sells tickets, and merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Without him this team wouldn't play as well IMO because he is the sort of trademark of the team. Without him this team would fall apart and be evan harder to rebuild.
    With him, the Chiefs won six games over the past two years. No TE, even the best TE, will be the main reason a team wins games. As for veteran leadership and locker room morale, Pioli's purging Herm's guys. Just as the Dolphins didn't fall apart without Taylor and Thomas, the Chiefs won't fall apart without Tony G. Because he and Waters have been our only two great players over the past two years, we tend to overrate them. They are nice pieces to the puzzle, but they aren't enough to make us winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I highly disagree. Cassel is going to need a "go to guy" in his first year with the chiefs, a player that he can feel secure with on 3rd and long situations, and someone he can trust in the endzone. With that being said, the only receiver we have that fits that description is Tony Gonzales. We need to keep Gonzales at least one more year without a shadow of a doubt, even on the business side of things. This man creates plays, which sells tickets, and merchandise.
    People are going to Arrowhead to watch the Chiefs win. If we start winning, it won't matter if Tony is on the team or not. And we won't start winning without some real players on the lines.

As for a security blanket for Cassel, I see your point. But the question is whether Cassel will do better with Tony G. or a real RT. As useful as a great TE might be, I think the RT is more important.

People are going to Arrowhead to watch the Chiefs win. If we start winning, it won't matter if Tony is on the team or not. And we won't start winning without some real players on the lines.

As for a security blanket for Cassel, I see your point. But the question is whether Cassel will do better with Tony G. or a real RT. As useful as a great TE might be, I think the RT is more important.
    Just a question for you: Where do you think Tony Romo would be without Jason Witten?

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast