Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combo 4/3 and 3/4

Default Combo 4/3 and 3/4

My take is that the Chiefs will obviously play both systems via a variety of packages.

In the 34, they will line up Vrabel, DJ, Zach and Tamba as LB's with Vrabel and Tamba on the outside. This plays to his strengths. Beisel, Boiman, Mays and Demorrio will be the rotators.

Tank, Glenn and Turk will line up inside.

In the 43, they will probably drop Tamba. Either way, we will need a bigger central clogging line man on the inside. Edwards is too slow and Turk is not good enough as a DE or DT.

The rest of the defense is most likely:

Pollard
    Page
    Flowers
    Carr

As for the rest of the team, we appear set on both sides:

I will venture to say the team will look like this:

Offense-

LJ
    COX
    Gonzo
    Bowe
    Bradley
    Albert
    Waters
    Center-Unsure
    Mcintosh
    Goff
    Cassell

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Actually I heard that for the 3-4 alignment, Tank Tyler would be the NT. I can find the story if you'd like, but it would take some work on my part, so you could just search tank tyler nose tackle and see what comes up. Dorsey will be used as the 3-technique DT in the 4-3 and possibly DE in the 3-4.
    Yes, find and post the link. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Yes, find and post the link. Please.
    How troublesome making me work like this.

Rumors: Tank Tyler as the Chiefs 3-4 Nose*Tackle - Arrowhead Pride

Some News on the Chiefs Defensive Scheme,*Personnel - Arrowhead Pride

This one is an outsider's view of our shot of going to a 3-4. He does mention Tank's possibility as a NT.

Scout.com: The 3-4: Making The Switch

How troublesome making me work like this.

Rumors: Tank Tyler as the Chiefs 3-4 Nose*Tackle - Arrowhead Pride

Some News on the Chiefs Defensive Scheme,*Personnel - Arrowhead Pride

This one is an outsider's view of our shot of going to a 3-4. He does mention Tank's possibility as a NT.

Scout.com: The 3-4: Making The Switch
    Thanks

Tank Tyler at NT is not the worst idea I've ever heard.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Tank Tyler at NT is not the worst idea I've ever heard.

jb
    It's in my top-5.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    It's in my top-5.
    Yeah, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say that you're very negative about a great many things.

In reality, I think this team still needs a good couple years to put together the ideal people at many positions. As we need many things- this year's draft and FA period was probably not going to realistically shore up both the offensive and defensive lines (to include getting a premiere pass rusher), our need for a great, young OLB (or the eventual heirs to the ILB spots), and another, perhaps faster WR to compliment D-Bowe.

So for this season, I guess we're going to find out of Tyler is cut out for an NT. Is he Dan Saleamua? Or Ryan Simms? My guess is somewhere in the middle of that.

But none of the guys we have will prosper there if we don't come up with an end or two that can make big plays. Maybe Dorsey can be an end like that- maybe not. I still think in his short stint with KC last year, Jason Babin showed some flashes of that. His stats were nearly as good as Hali's, with half as many games.

jb

It's in my top-5.
    I put this down in my top 5:

As for the Redskins trade, if they (at least) offer to swap 1sts, throw in their 2009 3rd and 5th round picks, and throw in their 2010 3rd round pick, then I say we make the trade. Then I pray to God that Tyson Jackson is still sitting on the board at 13. If not, we pick Oher or Maualuga.

I put this down in my top 5:

As for the Redskins trade, if they (at least) offer to swap 1sts, throw in their 2009 3rd and 5th round picks, and throw in their 2010 3rd round pick, then I say we make the trade. Then I pray to God that Tyson Jackson is still sitting on the board at 13. If not, we pick Oher or Maualuga.
    That's OK. It's a free board and a free country. You have every right to be wrong.

That's OK. It's a free board and a free country. You have every right to be wrong.
    I would like to see this trade happen. Just so we can see who got the better end of it. Because what use are draft picks if the players we choose with them don't amount to NFL starters? But that's worse-case scenerio, I actually think there are a lot of legit third rounders who can be good for us this season. I particularly like Antoine Caldwell because he's used to taking on big NTs in college. Since two out of the three teams in our divion will be a 3-4 defense, plus all the other teams switching to the 3-4, it would be good to prepare for that.

And I'm surprised that you didn't mention your boy Raji at the 13th overall spot. I thought you'd be drooling over the idea of grabbing him at the spot which makes sense value-wise.

I would like to see this trade happen. Just so we can see who got the better end of it. Because what use are draft picks if the players we choose with them don't amount to NFL starters? But that's worse-case scenerio, I actually think there are a lot of legit third rounders who can be good for us this season. I particularly like Antoine Caldwell because he's used to taking on big NTs in college. Since two out of the three teams in our divion will be a 3-4 defense, plus all the other teams switching to the 3-4, it would be good to prepare for that.

And I'm surprised that you didn't mention your boy Raji at the 13th overall spot. I thought you'd be drooling over the idea of grabbing him at the spot which makes sense value-wise.
    There is no way that Raji drops past the Packers at 9. None. Zero. They are moving to the 3-4 and Ryan Pickett isn't their long-term answer at NT. I don't think Raji drops past the Bengals at 6 or the Raiders at 7 for what it's worth.

At 13, I think we would probably go after Maualuga, Oher, or Tyson Jackson. All three of whom would start for us from Day 1.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast