Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veterans staying away from Kansas City Camp

Default Veterans staying away from Kansas City Camp

I was just reading this article at espn.com.afcwest blog and found it interesting, and unnerving.

Veterans staying away from Kansas City camp
    April 18, 2009 2:38 PM
    Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
    Two of Kansas City's three disgruntled (or formally disgruntled) players are not practicing with the team Saturday at its voluntary minicamp Saturday.
    Guard Brian Waters and tight end Tony Gonzalez _-- the Chiefs' two Pro Bowl players from 2008 __ are not practicing the Kansas City Star reports. Running back Larry Johnson is with the team. His agent said Thursday he would practice and that Johnson is excited about being in Kansas City.
    With Waters and Gonzalez sitting out Saturday's practice, does that mean neither of them are excited about being in Kansas City? Quite possibly, yes.
    I think the fact that Waters is missing is more interesting than the fact that Gonzalez is missing. The Kansas City Star reports notes that Gonzalez has missed voluntary camps in the past.
    But, you would think Gonzalez would want to get a jump on the new era in Kansas City. So, maybe this is a subtle message to the Chiefs to try to trade him before or during next weekend's draft. It has been previously reported that Atlanta has been trying to acquire Gonzalez.
    His absence will be duly noted by new Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli and new coach Todd Haley. Still, I believe, if Gonzalez is not traded next week, he will show up to the mandatory minicamp in June. Gonzalez is not one to make waves and he has too much respect for his time in Kansas City to cause a major disruption.
    In Waters' case, though, I believe the fact that he is not practicing is a strong message. The Kansas City Star reported earlier this offseason that Waters wants to be traded because he got off on the wrong foot with Haley. His absence may be a sign of him trying to force the issue.
    I could see a scenario where the Chiefs try to trade Waters - Buffalo could be interested - for a mid-round draft choice. Whatever happens, Saturday's development shows not all is right in Kansas City.

If this is the case, that's not too good of a sign for KC. I think it definitely shows their lack of interest in the team, heck even LJ is there and supportive. Maybe Tony is playing some basketball in SOCAL, but whats the deal with Waters?

Most of you that are surprised by Tony not being at minicamp know that he had staff at Arrowhead send him his belongings from his locker right? He doesn't want to be here unless all things fall through in a reasonable trade. Waters is another story , I hear he wants a new contract , wants out , a bunch of different stories , But in a Haley interview about sever guys gave him a reason why they wouldn't be there and he was satisfied with it , so who really knows . Let's see how this all plays out starting about Thursday up to the draft day. Alot of crazy stuff is gonna happen I think ! Yeeehaaa! its fun to be a Chiefs Fan right now.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Yeeehaaa! its fun to be a Chiefs Fan right now.
    I hear ya, this is the funnest offseason I have ever been apart of. I think part of it is because I found this site, which allows me to talk with a bunch of other Chiefs nuts, lol. Its just fun to see management who actually work...how about that.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Hey guys, these were voluntary mini camp drills. Alot of vets sit these out every year on alot of different teams.
    Exactly, the only reason there is a big story on it is because the 2 were disgruntled previously.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

What is your source of info regarding his locker belongings being sent to him? I have yet to read anything or hear anything about this with exception from here on the forum. Do you have a link that states it or that the KC organization released a statement saying he is no longer a Chief? How about a video, anything at all? I wanna see something concrete not rumor info that some trouble making KC star reporter posted that a reliable source told him, I want to see concrete evidence in the form of an Official announcement because if you can't deliver anything of the sort then it is nothing more than Internet rumors and I can start one of those anytime I feel like it and I could prolly even fabricate a story with a video and everything. The NFL Network has yet to announce that he has been sent packin nor have I read it at NFL.com. I hate the KC Star rumor machine and their negativity surrounding the team. If I were Pioli I would demand they not publish anymore stories without real evidence but I believe it would be a infrindgement of their right to the freedom of the press. The only bad thing is reports that aren't true usually end up like the Cutler inncodent. Just give me one concrete link to a story I can read or watch or listen to and I will stand corrected, otherwise it is simple Bullshlt rumors.
    It was a rumor, stands to be as false as it is true.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

What do you mean exactly? It's either true or it's not true. I am not tryin to be a smart a$$ but I don't understand what your saying.
    What I mean, its not proven to be true or false. (Mean TG cleaning out his locker) Thats really what a rumor is.

Default TG to Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I was just reading this article at espn.com.afcwest blog and found it interesting, and unnerving.

Veterans staying away from Kansas City camp
    April 18, 2009 2:38 PM
    Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
    Two of Kansas City's three disgruntled (or formally disgruntled) players are not practicing with the team Saturday at its voluntary minicamp Saturday.
    Guard Brian Waters and tight end Tony Gonzalez _-- the Chiefs' two Pro Bowl players from 2008 __ are not practicing the Kansas City Star reports. Running back Larry Johnson is with the team. His agent said Thursday he would practice and that Johnson is excited about being in Kansas City.
    With Waters and Gonzalez sitting out Saturday's practice, does that mean neither of them are excited about being in Kansas City? Quite possibly, yes.
    I think the fact that Waters is missing is more interesting than the fact that Gonzalez is missing. The Kansas City Star reports notes that Gonzalez has missed voluntary camps in the past.
    But, you would think Gonzalez would want to get a jump on the new era in Kansas City. So, maybe this is a subtle message to the Chiefs to try to trade him before or during next weekend's draft. It has been previously reported that Atlanta has been trying to acquire Gonzalez.
    His absence will be duly noted by new Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli and new coach Todd Haley. Still, I believe, if Gonzalez is not traded next week, he will show up to the mandatory minicamp in June. Gonzalez is not one to make waves and he has too much respect for his time in Kansas City to cause a major disruption.
    In Waters' case, though, I believe the fact that he is not practicing is a strong message. The Kansas City Star reported earlier this offseason that Waters wants to be traded because he got off on the wrong foot with Haley. His absence may be a sign of him trying to force the issue.
    I could see a scenario where the Chiefs try to trade Waters - Buffalo could be interested - for a mid-round draft choice. Whatever happens, Saturday's development shows not all is right in Kansas City.

If this is the case, that's not too good of a sign for KC. I think it definitely shows their lack of interest in the team, heck even LJ is there and supportive. Maybe Tony is playing some basketball in SOCAL, but whats the deal with Waters?
    What did Atlanta offer for TG?

Second round pick, nearly a 3rd round.

The fact is We the Fans have heard nothing from any of these players so as far as we know know these guys are just guessing about everything just to make a story line.

What is your source of info regarding his locker belongings being sent to him? I have yet to read anything or hear anything about this with exception from here on the forum. Do you have a link that states it or that the KC organization released a statement saying he is no longer a Chief? How about a video, anything at all? I wanna see something concrete not rumor info that some trouble making KC star reporter posted that a reliable source told him, I want to see concrete evidence in the form of an Official announcement because if you can't deliver anything of the sort then it is nothing more than Internet rumors and I can start one of those anytime I feel like it and I could prolly even fabricate a story with a video and everything. The NFL Network has yet to announce that he has been sent packin nor have I read it at NFL.com. I hate the KC Star rumor machine and their negativity surrounding the team. If I were Pioli I would demand they not publish anymore stories without real evidence but I believe it would be a infrindgement of their right to the freedom of the press. The only bad thing is reports that aren't true usually end up like the Cutler inncodent. Just give me one concrete link to a story I can read or watch or listen to and I will stand corrected, otherwise it is simple Bullshlt rumors.
    I just thopught of something and felt the need to add it,
    I seriously doubt that Chiefs management would allow Tony's locker to be cleaned out by anyone other than Tony himself especially before there is o reason for it. If he hasn't officially been traded or cut by the team, it would be totally unprofessional for that to occur no matter who it is involved so please , keep in mind this isn't a high school team situation we are talking about here. Brian Waters is being the jackass that LJ was 2 years ago so if he wants a new contract or he sits out, I say give him a new contract with another team , like maybe Detroit.
    I believe this is his source.

Latest Tony Gonzales News ! - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Read before you post!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Heres a video of where I am making my statement , Maybe its all fiction but Its on NFL Network.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fc1f1b

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast