Thread: Great Motivational Method for the Chiefs

Post Great Motivational Method for the Chiefs

I was over at Bob Gretz site and i found the following out:

"HELMETS: Right now the Chiefs are practicing in helmets that do not include the Chiefs arrowhead logo on either side. They are just plain red helmets, with the players name written in tape across the front of the helmet. This is an old Bill Parcells motivational tool where the players must earn the right to wear the logo. Parcells did this in Dallas, where in the off-season the Cowboys helmets did not have the star on the side. Eventually, at some point whether through the off-season program, training camp or pre-season, they reach a point where they will earn the honor of wearing the arrowhead."

I think this is an awesome method to install some pride, discipline, and honor to our Chiefs. Just hearing this, I am more confident that we will have a group of winners this season. Way to be Haley!

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-footb...html#more-8151
    Last edited by Vanilla Garilla; 04-18-2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Forgot Link

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I was over at Bob Gretz site and i found the following out:

"HELMETS: Right now the Chiefs are practicing in helmets that do not include the Chiefs arrowhead logo on either side. They are just plain red helmets, with the players name written in tape across the front of the helmet. This is an old Bill Parcells motivational tool where the players must earn the right to wear the logo. Parcells did this in Dallas, where in the off-season the Cowboys helmets did not have the star on the side. Eventually, at some point whether through the off-season program, training camp or pre-season, they reach a point where they will earn the honor of wearing the arrowhead."

I think this is an awesome method to install some pride, discipline, and honor to our Chiefs. Just hearing this, I am more confident that we will have a group of winners this season. Way to be Haley!

Nothing found for Chiefs-football Saturday-mini-camp-update-pm #more-8151
    That's a great method!

Hm...not sure that would motivate me anymore.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Hm...not sure that would motivate me anymore.
    It would make me more motivated than ever. But I don't think this would work if you did the in every off-season of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    It would make me more motivated than ever. But I don't think this would work if you did the in every off-season of their careers.
    Well its just a logo and name. I would be motivated by other things than just a logo and name on my helmet.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well its just a logo and name. I would be motivated by other things than just a logo and name on my helmet.
    Trust me, as a front line manager little things like these work wonders for motivation. Just think about it, the players without the arrowhead are going to feel like they are the lesser bunch in comparison to the group that has earned them, so they will want to work harder to achieve this status.

We do something similar where i work where we post the overall operator efficiency on the front information board weekly, and it displays who did awesome and who did not, and many times the people who are at the bottom hate it, and work hard to get their numbers up.

Well the logo is of the team you are representing. Which in this situation happens to be the Chiefs.

Well I'm sure it's for a good reason and I'm sure there was a really big speach about it behind closed doors to the team and hey, if it works I'm all for it, not that it would matter anyway..lol