Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doresy trade rumor?

Default Doresy trade rumor?

Now mind this is a rumor.
    http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

Just curious to what you guys thought of it?
    Good, Bad, Don't Know?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Yeah!! And a 1st in 2010!!
    You think Skins want Sanchez that bad??
    Or is Snyder that stupid??
    I think Snyder is that stupid, and wants Sanchez that bad. He can have him to, and I do not care if he becomes the greatest QB ever to play the game.

Which I think he will be the bust of the draft, but thats just my opinion.

if it happens, its a good/bad deal pending who we pick with that draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    if it happens, its a good/bad deal pending who we pick with that draft pick
    Since its Pioli/Haley and not CP/Herm doing the pickin', chances have increased 10-fold that our picks will be awesome!!
    My vacumm cleaner sucks.
    SHUT IT

Yeah!! And a 1st in 2010!!
    You think Skins want Sanchez that bad??
    Or is Snyder that stupid??
    Yes Snyder is POed that he did not get our buddy from Denver so he has set his sights on Sanchez and knows that if he is on the board at 4 he is gone to Seattle so what other option does he have?
    3rd pick is 2200 points
    13 pick 1st round 1150
    16 pick 3rd round 190
    14 pick 5th round 35
    13 pick 6th round 23
    So you see they are short 802 points which is equal to the 21st pick. But that is not saying something else can not be worked out.

Since its Pioli/Haley and not CP/Herm doing the pickin', chances have increased 10-fold that our picks will be awesome!!
    My vacumm cleaner sucks.
    I have a spare old one!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Never said it would it. But I was wondering what peoples opinion on what if it did happen.
    I don't think there's any way we take the cap hit. I think if Dorsey gets traded, it will be after June 1, when we can spread the cap hit over 2009 and 2010.

As for the Redskins trade, if they (at least) offer to swap 1sts, throw in their 2009 3rd and 5th round picks, and throw in their 2010 3rd round pick, then I say we make the trade. Then I pray to God that Tyson Jackson is still sitting on the board at 13. If not, we pick Oher or Maualuga.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Yes Snyder is POed that he did not get our buddy from Denver so he has set his sights on Sanchez and knows that if he is on the board at 4 he is gone to Seattle so what other option does he have?
    3rd pick is 2200 points
    13 pick 1st round 1150
    16 pick 3rd round 190
    14 pick 5th round 35
    13 pick 6th round 23
    So you see they are short 802 points which is equal to the 21st pick. But that is not saying something else can not be worked out.

No one uses that points chart anymore due to the $$$ cost of a top-5 pick. People have to let the thing die.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't think there's any way we take the cap hit. I think if Dorsey gets traded, it will be after June 1, when we can spread the cap hit over 2009 and 2010.

As for the Redskins trade, if they (at least) offer to swap 1sts, throw in their 2009 3rd and 5th round picks, and throw in their 2010 3rd round pick, then I say we make the trade. Then I pray to God that Tyson Jackson is still sitting on the board at 13. If not, we pick Oher or Maualuga.
    That's awfully low considering we don't even get a second round pick out of the deal. Trade chart or not, it's not a good deal for the Chiefs. Might as well stay at 3 and draft Monroe, Smith, or Curry, you know, whoever, is left of those three.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    No one uses that points chart anymore due to the $$$ cost of a top-5 pick. People have to let the thing die.
    It is strange that it is still being put up on different pages I got it off of the NFL page. You are right they don't go by the letter of the points but 800 points is a long way off that is why I think they are talking about next years 1st round pick. And as was stated we will not get a second round pick back either so we will move from 3 to 13 and not have another pick until like 67 that is a big void. Doubt it will happen but it might you never know. When I first heard about it and us getting all their picks I was excited until I saw that Redskins don't have a 2nd or 4th round pick. Oh well only a week left before we all find out.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    That's awfully low considering we don't even get a second round pick out of the deal. Trade chart or not, it's not a good deal for the Chiefs. Might as well stay at 3 and draft Monroe, Smith, or Curry, you know, whoever, is left of those three.
    It's low if you just count picks (although picking up two third rounders and a fifth for moving down ten spots isn't that bad). However, combining those picks with our saving about $30M in guarenteed money is why we win the trade. By a large margin.

I mean, there's no way that Smith, Monroe, or Curry is worth the $10M guarenteed a year that we'd be forced to play them for the next 5-6 years if we stick at #3.

In 2010, we'll either be uncapped or have a rookie scale. Let's not get on the hook for a $60M to $70M rookie contract in the last non-scale year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast