Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thigpen not happy

Thumbs up Thigpen not happy

Around The Web
    Thigpen wants to be a starting quarterback

Posted: Around The Web | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Matt Cassel, Tyler Thigpen
    Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen wants to be the starting quarterback. And you could even argue that Thigpen played well down the stretch for the Chiefs as one of the lone bright spots in a dreary season in Kansas City. But while you have to like the competitive fire from Thigpen, the Chiefs didn’t bring in Matt Cassel and his $14 million salary to back up the former seventh-round pick.
    Thigpen told the Kansas City Star that he’s “not OK” with being the backup again. He felt that he was going to come into the 2009 season as the starter. But he understands the situation — being Cassel’s backup — and will push on.
    • “It’s life,” Thigpen said Sunday. “Everything happens for a reason. You may not see the reason right now, but I know there’s a reason that they brought a guy in like Matt.
    • “I’m behind him, and all I’m doing is pushing him, making him better. Hopefully me doing that is going to make this team better.”
    Thigpen opened the 2009 season as the team’s No. 3 quarterback, but he went on to start 11 games for the Chiefs. He threw for 2,608 yards, 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions for a passer rating of 76.0.

I for one like this, the harder Thigpen tries to win the starting job . The harder Cassel will try. It's win win if they continue to push each other week in and week out. The better both will play whichever one starts.

Well duh. He is just going to have to get over it like I did.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    I like thiggy but we are going to a more pro style system and we seen what happened in Atlanta. I think Thigpen will be good somewhere but never be a manning, Brady, type player. I really think cassell can. Sure he has been a back up his whole career but look who he has backed up. All he needed was chance and now he has it and honestly I think will go down as the greatest chiefs QB in history (hoping like hell anyways )

man what a leap of faith, or at least a leap that is!!! this guy has played one season, had a good [not HOF] year and you truly believe from that , that he will replace Lenny Dawson as the greatest CHIEFS QB ever???? lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    [/size]

man what a leap of faith, or at least a leap that is!!! this guy has played one season, had a good [not HOF] year and you truly believe from that , that he will replace Lenny Dawson as the greatest CHIEFS QB ever???? lots of it.

Ok maybe I am going a little overboard but hey why not ? I mean it doesnt hurt and the guy has some great skill sets. I had some friend swho live in KC and went and watched him in person and said his throws were MONEY missed like one or two throws the rest looked great. I DK just want something to look forward to lol

I like Thigpen alot, but I never have seen him as a permanent starter for the Chiefs, I have seen glimpses that looked inspiring, but not a complete package. I really don't think Thigpen could be a starter anywhere in the league yet, he needs to get a few more wins behind him first.

[/size]

Gotta have the faith bro!!!!

not a question of faith, i just don't like to get my hopes sky hi w/o some footing to stand on. i remember stu gillam, steelers qb...looked like the perfect passer..thru absolute darts 30yds on a string. chuck knoll hailed him as the future of the franchise. then three games later he was benched, bradshaw got the job the rest was super bowl history. so i'll wait a few games just to see whats shakin.

not a question of faith, i just don't like to get my hopes sky hi w/o some footing to stand on. i remember stu gillam, steelers qb...looked like the perfect passer..thru absolute darts 30yds on a string. chuck knoll hailed him as the future of the franchise. then three games later he was benched, bradshaw got the job the rest was super bowl history. so i'll wait a few games just to see whats shakin.
    Joe Gilliam :)

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Joe Gilliam :)
    yur right , my bad....stu was his second cousin twice removed on his mothers side from poughkipsee who walked w/a limp and sang dirges in the dark .

I kinda Thought Montana was a pretty decent QB for the Chiefs too.........

Joe is an all time great but he had only a short time w/the CHIEFS historicly speakin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast