Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My plight for Glen Dorsey

Default My plight for Glen Dorsey

let's look at stats of rookie years for some of the better DT's

Warren Sapp : 1995 Tampa Bay 17 tckles 10 assist 3 sacks

Tommie harris : 2004 chicago 44 tackles 15 assist 4 sacks

An monster exception lol Shaun Rodgers : 2001 Detroit 81 tackles 19 assists 3 sacks WOW he was a beast lol

Kevin Williams : 2003 Minnesota 37 tackles 15 assist 10.5 sacks

Pat williams : 1998 Buffalo 11 tackles 1 assist 3.5 sacks

Glen Dorsey : 2008 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 46 tackles 14 assist 1 sack

So as you can see his stats were not really that bad comparing to some of the best DT's in the game right now. Out of his 46 tackles 32 of them were solo tackles ! Im just saying I dont care what system the kid is in he can play. Sapp was in a situation liek Dorseys being on a bad team and had similar stats. Im just saying this kid is Not horrible and I feel he will eb stepping it up this year.

Anyone who thinks Dorsey isn't a good football player is a fool. DT is a very hard position to adapt to the speed of the NFL. He will be much improved this year. These coaches will use him to benifit his talent, which is to shoot gaps and penitrate.

Excellent post bigpoppachief, I was thinking the same thing about rookie DT's but never did any research. I think people just thought Dorsey was gonna show up and destroy the opposing line, which we all know one man cant do. I think he will get better, I just hope he can fit into a 3-4, I really hope he does. Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Anyone who thinks Dorsey isn't a good football player is a fool. DT is a very hard position to adapt to the speed of the NFL. He will be much improved this year. These coaches will use him to benifit his talent, which is to shoot gaps and penitrate.

You just called JMLamerson a fool...LMAO!

I made a thread about this same topic about a month ago comparing Dorsey to Haynesworth in his rookie year.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6541
    Last edited by slimdagreat; 04-21-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    You just called JMLamerson a fool...LMAO!
    No, he didn't. Yet again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Dorsey didn't have a good rookie year. Dorsey racked up so many tackles because teams ran right at him. The biggest number - except for his sack, almost none were a TFL. He was continually blown off the line and needs to build bigger strength.

Anyway, he's not a NT. He needs to move to a 3-4 DE if he's going to remain a starter on this team.

Another factor with Doresy is that he didn't get the best coaching in his first year.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

excellent post! i been sayin the same thimg all along, all you guys who want to trade him are fools.. give the kid time he will adjust to the speed and they will find the right way to use him, you cant give up on that kind of talent after one yr

Dorsey is going to be a great player, this I believe.

He was terrible last year, but that's almost to be expected. Rookie DTs are typically not so great. I never had a good feeling about Ryan Sims from the day we drafted him. Dorsey is another story.

Trading him would be such a huge mistake. His value is probably lower now than it'll ever be so we won't get good value, and we'd take a monster cap hit. It just doesn't make any sense.

If we can trade down and get Tyson Jackson, throw the big old LSU guys on the ends in the 3-4, I think we will be set at DE for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    No, he didn't. Yet again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Dorsey didn't have a good rookie year. Dorsey racked up so many tackles because teams ran right at him. The biggest number - except for his sack, almost none were a TFL. He was continually blown off the line and needs to build bigger strength.

Anyway, he's not a NT. He needs to move to a 3-4 DE if he's going to remain a starter on this team.

You have a good point about the TFL BUT Dorsey had three and the team leader was Turk Mcbride with 6 and DJ with 5 other than that noone on D really had TFL I think that goes to show it is an overall team not just Dorsey watch this year he is going to break out especially with GOOD blitz packages Oh yeah I cant wait !!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=kc&year=2008&season=2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast