Thread: Asante Samuels not eligible for franchise tag.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default Asante Samuels not eligible for franchise tag.

With New England winning 12 games it assures that the Patriots now cannot place the franchise tag on Asante Samuels again. This means that at the end of the season he will become an Unrestricted Free Agent. The analysts on NFL network are thinking that he will be the most coveted player in free agency. Nate Clemens got an 80 Million dollar deal from the SF 49rs that has 20 million in guaranteed money, and they feel that Asante Samuel will easily surpass that.

That being said, do the Chiefs go after him? We could sure use a new cornerback, and with him only being in his 5th year, I feel this would be a far better idea then taking a chance in the draft, hope Ty Law can persuade him to come on over.

I don't think it will happen. They need too much help in other areas. The D has played decent this year and they just brought in Law and Surtain a couple of years ago so I think they think they have addressed that need on the team. Not saying I agree, I just believe they feel this way.

We will never get Samuels.

Pipe dreams.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png