Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peter King reports Chiefs actively trying to trade out of 3rd pick!

Default Peter King reports Chiefs actively trying to trade out of 3rd pick!

We've speculated on this a lot, but it looks like Pioli is in fact trying to deal down.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...to-trade-down/

The Kansas City Chiefs are actively trying to trade the third overall pick in this weekend’s draft, a league source close to the situation has just informed me. Whether or not there will be any takers remains to be seen.

This news comes just one day after our own Matt Bowen reported that the St. Louis Rams are trying to trade the second overall selection in this year’s draft.

In addition, I’ve also learned that the Denver Broncos are shopping defensive ends Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder. Moss, a second year veteran out of the University of Florida, has only started 1 game in the past two seasons. In addition, Moss only amassed 12 tackles in 2008, according to NFL.com. Crowder, a second year vet out of the University of Texas, only appeared in 19 total games for the Broncos since being drafted.

More on these stories as they develop.
    EDIT: Ack! I just realized this isn't Peter King, but it seconds his report of the same thing.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-22-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Why is it unlikely that Seattly will take Sanchez? Hasselbeck isn't getting any younger, and he has been hurt a lot lately. If they believe that Sanchez will fit their pass oriented westcoast offense then why not take him at 4? Im not saying they are looking to replace Hasselbeck immediately, but in my opinion the timing is pretty good right now. They can sit Sanchez behind Hasselbeck for a few, and I'd say he would be an upgrade to Wallace as the backup? (Wallace is not bad at all, but Sanchez has superior physical attributes..)

Just my thought. :)
    Yeah, Seattle has to be thinking that this is their chance to groom Hasselbeck's successor. Sanchez could sit for the year unless Hasselbeck got hurt. I can't see Sanchez slipping past Seattle.

Which is why some stupid team should trade up with us. The 49ers would be perfect, as we'd be able to get Tyson Jackson, Maualuga, Raji, or Oher, who are just as good/amost as good as their counterparts at the top of the draft at a fraction of the price.

i'm sure seattle is looking at sanchez, but they have other needs and believe that next year will be a QB rich draft. hass' still has more than a few good seasons left if he stays healthy so why push it this year and pay top money on a QB w/only one season experience when next year they may get a higher rated QB at a lower pick and lower price.

we wont trade down cause curry goes 31 leaving 2 qb's on the board and the rams arent getting a QB and even if seattle does there is still one more qb left and the trade spot then would be to # 5

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    we wont trade down cause curry goes 31 leaving 2 qb's on the board and the rams arent getting a QB and even if seattle does there is still one more qb left and the trade spot then would be to # 5
    Agreed. Even if Stafford goes to detroit, I don't see anyone trading up for the 3rd pick...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Yes. I dont understand why people want to draft an offensive player. We need defensive people so bad its mad.

Yes, we have picked up a few players. But the are all old linebackers. Maybe have 2 years left on their treads. We haven't pikced up any DL.
    The defense has already gotten a major boost by the regime change.

I think that coaching was the biggest problem with our '08 defense.

Not that I am real terribly confident in our replacement. But that the Herm/Gun situation was horrible, and made players look even worse than their actual performances.

The two biggest needs for this team, in my opinion, are on O-line and D-line.

If we stay at #3, then there is top notch O-line talent available, but d-line help would be a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    We do need a linebacker. I mean if you have 4 future HOF offensive linemen, but your 5th is a donkey, you still need a lineman, right? Likewise, we have 3 legit linebackers right now and nobody to play the 4th position. Granted, there are more pressing needs but it's still a position with a hole in it.
    Demorrio Williams.

Everyone seemed to be pretty high on this guy when we got him. And I have no complaints about the guy.

Also, Tamba Hali may be in the mix. (I don't like that idea.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Agreed. Even if Stafford goes to detroit, I don't see anyone trading up for the 3rd pick...
    Wrong...I believe Pioli would be able to get something done. I read somewhere that stated that Pioli would be happy to trade out of #3 even if the point compensation didn't exactly match.

Here are some teams that have shown interest in Sanchez:
    Seahawks
    Cleveland
    Jags(minimal)
    49ers(minimal)
    Donkeys
    Redskins
    NY Jets
    Tampa Bay Bucs

That's 8 teams that are will probably try to leap-frog each other for Sanchez.

Remember that Cleveland wouldn't hesitate to trade Brady Quinn and Skins would also trade Jason Cambell.

From ESPN:
    The most serious interest in Sanchez, a USC product, is coming from the Seattle Seahawks at No. 4; the Cleveland Browns at No. 5; the Washington Redskins at No. 13; and the New York Jets at No. 17. Several current veteran quarterbacks, including Brady Quinn of the Browns and Jason Campbell of the Redskins, would be on the block should either team select Sanchez.

------just my thought
    If a Team like the skins really wanted Sanchez... why don't we just trade spots w/ them + Jason Cambell can come too... We can then trade Jason Cambell to another team that needs a solid QB for a 2nd round draft pick + more if possible (a first would be great but that's probably not happening).
    Our #3 pick - 2200 points

Skins #13 pick - 1150 points

Difference - 1050 pionts (equivalent to #15 in 1st round)

Send jason cambell along and we trade him for... let's say a 2nd round draft pick ~500 points and 4th ~ 100 points... total the value to be about 1600-1800 point range...

Not exactly equal to 2200 points but (as mentioned above) Pioli said he'd bargain w/ people who were interested...
    This gets us out of paying top 3 money...
    Gives us a chance to draft the best player available (whether on O or D)
    and we get a 2nd round pick back...

and gives the Skins the guy they want...

Just my thought.. Not the best but reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    Wrong...I believe Pioli would be able to get something done. I read somewhere that stated that Pioli would be happy to trade out of #3 even if the point compensation didn't exactly match.

Here are some teams that have shown interest in Sanchez:
    Seahawks
    Cleveland
    Jags(minimal)
    49ers(minimal)
    Donkeys
    Redskins
    NY Jets
    Tampa Bay Bucs

That's 8 teams that are will probably try to leap-frog each other for Sanchez.

Remember that Cleveland wouldn't hesitate to trade Brady Quinn and Skins would also trade Jason Cambell.

From ESPN:
    The most serious interest in Sanchez, a USC product, is coming from the Seattle Seahawks at No. 4; the Cleveland Browns at No. 5; the Washington Redskins at No. 13; and the New York Jets at No. 17. Several current veteran quarterbacks, including Brady Quinn of the Browns and Jason Campbell of the Redskins, would be on the block should either team select Sanchez.

------just my thought
    If a Team like the skins really wanted Sanchez... why don't we just trade spots w/ them + Jason Cambell can come too... We can then trade Jason Cambell to another team that needs a solid QB for a 2nd round draft pick + more if possible (a first would be great but that's probably not happening).
    Our #3 pick - 2200 points

Skins #13 pick - 1150 points

Difference - 1050 pionts (equivalent to #15 in 1st round)

Send jason cambell along and we trade him for... let's say a 2nd round draft pick ~500 points and 4th ~ 100 points... total the value to be about 1600-1800 point range...

Not exactly equal to 2200 points but (as mentioned above) Pioli said he'd bargain w/ people who were interested...
    This gets us out of paying top 3 money...
    Gives us a chance to draft the best player available (whether on O or D)
    and we get a 2nd round pick back...

and gives the Skins the guy they want...

Just my thought.. Not the best but reasonable
    Don't forget this is if Curry isn't taken #1 overall which might happen and if it does then i don't see us trading down????

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    Wrong...I believe Pioli would be able to get something done.

WRONG

Just my thought.. Not the best
    RIGHT
    SHUT IT

...Didn't transpire.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123