Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Peter King reports Chiefs actively trying to trade out of 3rd pick!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Peter King reports Chiefs actively trying to trade out of 3rd pick!


    0 Not allowed!
    We've speculated on this a lot, but it looks like Pioli is in fact trying to deal down.

    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...to-trade-down/

    The Kansas City Chiefs are actively trying to trade the third overall pick in this weekend’s draft, a league source close to the situation has just informed me. Whether or not there will be any takers remains to be seen.

    This news comes just one day after our own Matt Bowen reported that the St. Louis Rams are trying to trade the second overall selection in this year’s draft.

    In addition, I’ve also learned that the Denver Broncos are shopping defensive ends Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder. Moss, a second year veteran out of the University of Florida, has only started 1 game in the past two seasons. In addition, Moss only amassed 12 tackles in 2008, according to NFL.com. Crowder, a second year vet out of the University of Texas, only appeared in 19 total games for the Broncos since being drafted.

    More on these stories as they develop.
    EDIT: Ack! I just realized this isn't Peter King, but it seconds his report of the same thing.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-22-2009 at 01:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    187
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I have mixed feelings about whether or not I want KC to trade down. On the one hand we could snag Curry or a really good OT at #3, but on the other hand we might be able to fill multiple needs if we trade down. I don't envy Pioli right now. He has some tough decisions to make.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I have mixed feelings about whether or not I want KC to trade down. On the one hand we could snag Curry or a really good OT at #3, but on the other hand we might be able to fill multiple needs if we trade down. I don't envy Pioli right now. He has some tough decisions to make.
    yeah, fortunately for him I don't think there is a wrong choice here and I would be satisfied with either one. I'd LOVE for the 49ers to get in the mix so we can get that 10th pick. That lets us draft ahead of the Donks and we can get Tyson Jackson or potentially Raji if GB decides to go with Jackson.

    Of course, a better scenario is if Dan Snyder decides to unload the boat this year and next year to get Sanchez.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,552
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 162

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    yeah, fortunately for him I don't think there is a wrong choice here and I would be satisfied with either one. I'd LOVE for the 49ers to get in the mix so we can get that 10th pick. That lets us draft ahead of the Donks and we can get Tyson Jackson or potentially Raji if GB decides to go with Jackson.

    Of course, a better scenario is if Dan Snyder decides to unload the boat this year and next year to get Sanchez.
    Here's to hoping Snyder will pull a Ditka and trade his whole draft away for one player (I still cant get the image of Ditka wearing dreads and smoking a cigar with that Im a genius smile on his face out of my head). We all remember how well that worked out for Ditka. Maybe Sanchez will turn out to be a huge pot head too and quit the NFL to travel Europe and smoke weed.
    This trade would be amazing, it would give us a ton of picks, and it would show how stupid the 'skins are ... and my friend is a huge skins fan so I could make fun of him all season!
    Snyder and Jerry Jones are fighting to see who will be the next Al Davis.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Here's to hoping Snyder will pull a Ditka and trade his whole draft away for one player (I still cant get the image of Ditka wearing dreads and smoking a cigar with that Im a genius smile on his face out of my head). We all remember how well that worked out for Ditka. Maybe Sanchez will turn out to be a huge pot head too and quit the NFL to travel Europe and smoke weed.
    This trade would be amazing, it would give us a ton of picks, and it would show how stupid the 'skins are ... and my friend is a huge skins fan so I could make fun of him all season!
    Snyder and Jerry Jones are fighting to see who will be the next Al Davis.
    Hey it wouldnt be stupid (WINK WINK) I think they would win the SUPERBOWL Hear that Snyder you would win the super bowl now give us all your picks

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,041
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You could probably put any teams in this report. I would be worried if the GM was not actively looking to better their situation with more picks. I would be shocked if the top 10 teams to pick were actively looking for trades.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,321
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i am scared either way. but if we do trade down a bit Crabtree might still be on the board....

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    i am scared either way. but if we do trade down a bit Crabtree might still be on the board....
    I know you have a massive crush on Crabtree. But Pioli isn't going to draft him. Not at 3. Not at 13. Not at all. Who's your second choice?

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I know you have a massive crush on Crabtree. But Pioli isn't going to draft him. Not at 3. Not at 13. Not at all. Who's your second choice?
    Yes. I dont understand why people want to draft an offensive player. We need defensive people so bad its mad.

    Yes, we have picked up a few players. But the are all old linebackers. Maybe have 2 years left on their treads. We haven't pikced up any DL.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Yes. I dont understand why people want to draft an offensive player. We need defensive people so bad its mad.

    Yes, we have picked up a few players. But the are all old linebackers. Maybe have 2 years left on their treads. We haven't pikced up any DL.
    I see the argument for drafting an OT. We need to protect our young, franchise QB, and we need at least two new linemen to do that effectively in 2009. We need three if the Waters situation goes bad.

    And to be fair to Zach Thomas, Mike Vrabel, and Monty Beisel - they are intended to be band-aids, not long term solutions. Our defensive personnel is atrocious. We have no one in our front seven who has proven to be a legitimate NFL starter except DJ. I have no problem paying the three of them a combined $7M/year for the next couple years to mentor the young guys, be field marshals, and to be adequate LBs.

    Our DL is our biggest problem. We have no one who's a 3-4 player. Dorsey is a question mark. Tank gets way too much love on these boards - he's another Herm bust, not our future NT. Hali and Turk are too small/weak to be contributors. If our first three draft picks are 3-4 DE/NT/DE, I can't see anyone really complaining that much.

    Unless we can get personnel on the DL who can stop the run in 2009, it will be a very long year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chiefs reach contract with King Charles and Cottam!
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
  2. Peter Griffin's opinion on the Godfather in typography
    By royalswin100games in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 05:28 AM
  3. Peter Gabriel.
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 03:03 AM
  4. TRADE! TRADE! TRADE! Building for the Future
    By Cisco Kid in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 08:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •