Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter King reports Chiefs actively trying to trade out of 3rd pick!

Default Peter King reports Chiefs actively trying to trade out of 3rd pick!

We've speculated on this a lot, but it looks like Pioli is in fact trying to deal down.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...to-trade-down/

The Kansas City Chiefs are actively trying to trade the third overall pick in this weekend’s draft, a league source close to the situation has just informed me. Whether or not there will be any takers remains to be seen.

This news comes just one day after our own Matt Bowen reported that the St. Louis Rams are trying to trade the second overall selection in this year’s draft.

In addition, I’ve also learned that the Denver Broncos are shopping defensive ends Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder. Moss, a second year veteran out of the University of Florida, has only started 1 game in the past two seasons. In addition, Moss only amassed 12 tackles in 2008, according to NFL.com. Crowder, a second year vet out of the University of Texas, only appeared in 19 total games for the Broncos since being drafted.

More on these stories as they develop.
    EDIT: Ack! I just realized this isn't Peter King, but it seconds his report of the same thing.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-22-2009 at 12:01 PM.

I have mixed feelings about whether or not I want KC to trade down. On the one hand we could snag Curry or a really good OT at #3, but on the other hand we might be able to fill multiple needs if we trade down. I don't envy Pioli right now. He has some tough decisions to make.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I have mixed feelings about whether or not I want KC to trade down. On the one hand we could snag Curry or a really good OT at #3, but on the other hand we might be able to fill multiple needs if we trade down. I don't envy Pioli right now. He has some tough decisions to make.
    yeah, fortunately for him I don't think there is a wrong choice here and I would be satisfied with either one. I'd LOVE for the 49ers to get in the mix so we can get that 10th pick. That lets us draft ahead of the Donks and we can get Tyson Jackson or potentially Raji if GB decides to go with Jackson.

Of course, a better scenario is if Dan Snyder decides to unload the boat this year and next year to get Sanchez.

You could probably put any teams in this report. I would be worried if the GM was not actively looking to better their situation with more picks. I would be shocked if the top 10 teams to pick were actively looking for trades.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    yeah, fortunately for him I don't think there is a wrong choice here and I would be satisfied with either one. I'd LOVE for the 49ers to get in the mix so we can get that 10th pick. That lets us draft ahead of the Donks and we can get Tyson Jackson or potentially Raji if GB decides to go with Jackson.

Of course, a better scenario is if Dan Snyder decides to unload the boat this year and next year to get Sanchez.
    Here's to hoping Snyder will pull a Ditka and trade his whole draft away for one player (I still cant get the image of Ditka wearing dreads and smoking a cigar with that Im a genius smile on his face out of my head). We all remember how well that worked out for Ditka. Maybe Sanchez will turn out to be a huge pot head too and quit the NFL to travel Europe and smoke weed.
    This trade would be amazing, it would give us a ton of picks, and it would show how stupid the 'skins are ... and my friend is a huge skins fan so I could make fun of him all season!
    Snyder and Jerry Jones are fighting to see who will be the next Al Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Here's to hoping Snyder will pull a Ditka and trade his whole draft away for one player (I still cant get the image of Ditka wearing dreads and smoking a cigar with that Im a genius smile on his face out of my head). We all remember how well that worked out for Ditka. Maybe Sanchez will turn out to be a huge pot head too and quit the NFL to travel Europe and smoke weed.
    This trade would be amazing, it would give us a ton of picks, and it would show how stupid the 'skins are ... and my friend is a huge skins fan so I could make fun of him all season!
    Snyder and Jerry Jones are fighting to see who will be the next Al Davis.
    Hey it wouldnt be stupid (WINK WINK) I think they would win the SUPERBOWL Hear that Snyder you would win the super bowl now give us all your picks

i am scared either way. but if we do trade down a bit Crabtree might still be on the board....

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    i am scared either way. but if we do trade down a bit Crabtree might still be on the board....
    I know you have a massive crush on Crabtree. But Pioli isn't going to draft him. Not at 3. Not at 13. Not at all. Who's your second choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    WR is far down on the list of needs.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    WR is far down on the list of needs.
    especially after signing Engram... Bowe, Engram, and Bradley are an above average receiving corps when healthy. One of the few positions on the team that is above average...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast