Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter King reports Chiefs actively trying to trade out of 3rd pick!

Default Peter King reports Chiefs actively trying to trade out of 3rd pick!

We've speculated on this a lot, but it looks like Pioli is in fact trying to deal down.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...to-trade-down/

The Kansas City Chiefs are actively trying to trade the third overall pick in this weekend’s draft, a league source close to the situation has just informed me. Whether or not there will be any takers remains to be seen.

This news comes just one day after our own Matt Bowen reported that the St. Louis Rams are trying to trade the second overall selection in this year’s draft.

In addition, I’ve also learned that the Denver Broncos are shopping defensive ends Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder. Moss, a second year veteran out of the University of Florida, has only started 1 game in the past two seasons. In addition, Moss only amassed 12 tackles in 2008, according to NFL.com. Crowder, a second year vet out of the University of Texas, only appeared in 19 total games for the Broncos since being drafted.

More on these stories as they develop.
    EDIT: Ack! I just realized this isn't Peter King, but it seconds his report of the same thing.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-22-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I know you have a massive crush on Crabtree. But Pioli isn't going to draft him. Not at 3. Not at 13. Not at all. Who's your second choice?
    Yes. I dont understand why people want to draft an offensive player. We need defensive people so bad its mad.

Yes, we have picked up a few players. But the are all old linebackers. Maybe have 2 years left on their treads. We haven't pikced up any DL.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Yes. I dont understand why people want to draft an offensive player. We need defensive people so bad its mad.

Yes, we have picked up a few players. But the are all old linebackers. Maybe have 2 years left on their treads. We haven't pikced up any DL.
    I see the argument for drafting an OT. We need to protect our young, franchise QB, and we need at least two new linemen to do that effectively in 2009. We need three if the Waters situation goes bad.

And to be fair to Zach Thomas, Mike Vrabel, and Monty Beisel - they are intended to be band-aids, not long term solutions. Our defensive personnel is atrocious. We have no one in our front seven who has proven to be a legitimate NFL starter except DJ. I have no problem paying the three of them a combined $7M/year for the next couple years to mentor the young guys, be field marshals, and to be adequate LBs.

Our DL is our biggest problem. We have no one who's a 3-4 player. Dorsey is a question mark. Tank gets way too much love on these boards - he's another Herm bust, not our future NT. Hali and Turk are too small/weak to be contributors. If our first three draft picks are 3-4 DE/NT/DE, I can't see anyone really complaining that much.

Unless we can get personnel on the DL who can stop the run in 2009, it will be a very long year.

WELL WE ALSO DO NOT NEED A LINE BACKER EITHER WE JUST PICKED UP 2 MORE!!!!!!
    We could take a o-lineman or better yet a real QB since they wont start thigpen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    WELL WE ALSO DO NOT NEED A LINE BACKER EITHER WE JUST PICKED UP 2 MORE!!!!!!
    We could take a o-lineman or better yet a real QB since they wont start thigpen.
    Really, man? Do you seriously believe that or are you just trolling?

Trolling for some football knowledge!!!!!! WOW!

We do need a linebacker. I mean if you have 4 future HOF offensive linemen, but your 5th is a donkey, you still need a lineman, right? Likewise, we have 3 legit linebackers right now and nobody to play the 4th position. Granted, there are more pressing needs but it's still a position with a hole in it.

More breaking news:

The Chiefs and everyone else in the Top 10 are trying to trade down.

chiefs are in a good spot at 3 to trade down though. i would hate to trade down to below 12 max though.

there are only two teams that have the ability to trade up with a glaring need for a QB to #3. the first is buffalo, and they don't think they need a QB, the other is the donx. they have 2 first round piks that would make a sweet deal or a first and a second but they have no reason to deal as long as the skins stay behind them. the skins don't have any piks worth enuf to trade up so the donx can just sit there to watch sanchez fall into there laps. the may deal if they are convinced seattle is after sanchez and stafford is already gone, but its unlikely seattle w/take sanchez at #4 so they too will look to trade down. so it donna lookin very good to be tradin down for us CHIEFS don't you know.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    there are only two teams that have the ability to trade up with a glaring need for a QB to #3. the first is buffalo, and they don't think they need a QB, the other is the donx. they have 2 first round piks that would make a sweet deal or a first and a second but they have no reason to deal as long as the skins stay behind them. the skins don't have any piks worth enuf to trade up so the donx can just sit there to watch sanchez fall into there laps. the may deal if they are convinced seattle is after sanchez and stafford is already gone, but its unlikely seattle w/take sanchez at #4 so they too will look to trade down. so it donna lookin very good to be tradin down for us CHIEFS don't you know.
    Why is it unlikely that Seattly will take Sanchez? Hasselbeck isn't getting any younger, and he has been hurt a lot lately. If they believe that Sanchez will fit their pass oriented westcoast offense then why not take him at 4? Im not saying they are looking to replace Hasselbeck immediately, but in my opinion the timing is pretty good right now. They can sit Sanchez behind Hasselbeck for a few, and I'd say he would be an upgrade to Wallace as the backup? (Wallace is not bad at all, but Sanchez has superior physical attributes..)

Just my thought. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast