Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TG an Eagle?

Default TG an Eagle?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...2/snaps/1.html

The Eagles are said to have offered KC a third round pick for TG. I dont know if if this is true or not, but I hope we don't do anything less than a 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Philly would be a perfect landing spot for TG. He'd be out of the AFC and on a contender. Eagles would need to up their offer for sure though. If Pioli took a 3rd it would be out of respect for TG wanting a ring. I don't see that happening.
    I'm surprised Philly isn't giving in to the idea of a second round for Tony G. It's not a crazy thought considering you'd get the best in the business immediately. The Eagles are close to winning a championship and who better to put them over the edge than a guy who deserves a ring like Tony. McNabb and Westbrook are not getting any younger and I thought they were going to pull the trigger last season when they still had Dawkins.

The Philly are in a bit of a "Need to win it all Now" mentality. While it would be crazy, the idea that they just traded for Jason Peters, could possibly trade for Tony G., then trade their other first round pick for Anquan Boldin would really make that team scary. They seem to be getting desperate just to win it all but I can't really blame them. Even if a move like Gonzalez would last about 2-3 seasons instead of drafting a TE in the second and having him for ten years, having that ring and trophy makes all the difference.

I read an article which stated the Eagles had offered a 3rd round pick. Also stated the Chiefs were not interested in trading TG, and would not trade him unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse.
    IMO that would probally be a 2nd round pick.
    Coach is right TG would be the perfect fit in philly. McNabb isn't the most acurate QB in the NFL, TG would help greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Agh! The Ickles were trying to get TG during last season. I was so glad that fell through. I sure hope he stays in KC. And sure hope if he does go it's not to these Philly guys (UGH!). The ickles big weakness is wr and te. Would hate to have TG bail them out. He could make up for the inaccurate throws from McNabb with his great reaching ability.

Bottom line though, I want the best te of all time to stay in KC where he belongs.
    Exactly how I feel.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Here's your sig "texaschief"!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Eagles will have to play Pioli ball if they want TG so trying to undercut us with just a 3rd RD just won't cut it.

A 3rd round pick for TG is an insult. 1st round or nada...
    SHUT IT

I think some may be shocked this weekend weather we like it or not.

i just heard on ESPN they are close to a deal with atlanta for TG. should be made by the end of the day

We can close this trend!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12