Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: TG TO ATLANTA 2nd round

Default TG TO ATLANTA 2nd round

TG just went to atlanta for a second round in 10'

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I hate losing TG but the point of what they did is clear. Tony has 3 years left on the contract we had with him, if he is able to continue playing he will want more money and he most likely wouldn't be worth it so instead of allowing that to happen Pioli and Haley get what they can now outta him and attempt to turn it from a 2010 second rounder into a 2009 something or somethings. We have Cottam and he is no TG but he is a good TE for the type of offense we will be going to, the Pro set offense is not a big number offensive set for TE and that is why it makes sense to deal Tony out now rather than later. I hope Tony gets what he wants to but I doubt it will happen because TE's don't win Championships, Defense does and that is what ATL needs to work on now. Hell I gotta deal TG to ATL in my Madden now ,,,,,, DAMN!!!!!
    Yeah that's "Maddening"!

Default one last cheer...

I'd like to wish Tony the best. Of course we will all miss him.
    He has made the impossible happen in the past, made catches that NO one else could of made. I'm so sad to see him go, but want to thank him for all the cheers and high fives he brought to Arrowhead!
    He could make the crowd come to it's feet anytime his left the ground. With Tony, you somehow could find hope in even the worst situations.
    I wish it could of been a better ending in K.C. for our big guy!
    Thank you for all the wonderful years Tony! You truely are one of a kind!!

Chris at least you will get to use the pretty fast 6'7" 270 pound Cottam more now. That could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    WHAT???????? You can't be serious!! The Falcons may double the wins the Chiefs have this year!!!!
    Looking at the schedule they have this year, I can realistically see them with somewhere between 8 and 10 wins, probably making the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/...=atl&year=2009
    Last edited by jap1; 04-23-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Chris at least you will get to use the pretty fast 6'7" 270 pound Cottam more now. That could be fun.
    Cottam showed some flashes of good receiving skills last year the couple of games that he got significant playing time. I have read a few places that he has good blocking skills, so I am excited to see what he can do as the starter.

Unfortunately now we probably need to draft or pickup a backup TE or someone for short yardage 2xTE packages. Just what we need, another position of need.

ok so we trade the Donk's our #3 for their #12 and #18.

With #12 we get Tyson Jackson if he still there or BPA for defense. Then with #18 we draft Brandon Pettigrew.

ready, break.

Sorry guys, call me bitter, call me angry, even call me stupid, but this move along highlights the major problem with sports today.

Here again, we have a whiny player who wanted to be dealt. He did everything he could without alienating the slobbering fans in order to get dealt. This is selfishness through and through and while I know many people on this board are in love with Tony, I need not remind you that this is not the first time he has whined like this.

Frankly, I do believe this is something he wanted and I do believe that management decided that based on the trouble he created last year with the club house, it is easier to get something for him than try and force him to play.

Sorry guys, maybe in time my feelings about this will lighten, but Gonzales now is going to be referred to as "the previous Chiefs player that shall remain unnamed."

Will he go into the Hall as a Chief? That will remain to be seen, after how he acted last year, I would not be surprised if he doesn't choose to go in as a Falcon.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Cottam showed some flashes of good receiving skills last year the couple of games that he got significant playing time. I have read a few places that he has good blocking skills, so I am excited to see what he can do as the starter.

Unfortunately now we probably need to draft or pickup a backup TE or someone for short yardage 2xTE packages. Just what we need, another position of need.
    I think the only concern with Cottam is whether or not he can stay healthy. He's basically the Brodie Croyle of tight ends, unfortunately. One thing that might help is that Haley's offense doesn't use the tight end a lot, so he might not have to be relied on that much.

But a 6'8" 270 lb TE that runs a 4.65 with good hands? I'm actually really excited to see what he can do.

I've really liked most of what the new Kansas City regime has done this offseason.
    Until now.
    I hate the decision to trade tight end Tony Gonzalez to Atlanta.
    I was against it when Gonzalez requested a trade in October. I was against it this offseason when the talk resurfaced and I am against it now. I am really down on it now that I've heard what the Chiefs got in return for Gonzalez: A second-round pick in 2010.
    This certainly balances out Kansas City's steal of a trade for quarterback Matt Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel earlier this offseason. It only cost Kansas City a second-round pick for the two players. The least Kansas City should have received in return for Gonzalez was a second-rounder in this weekend's draft.
    It just doesn't make sense that Kansas City has to wait until next year to get compensation for Gonzalez. The Chiefs need plenty of help now. They could use another quality rookie.
    They could still use Gonzalez as well. He was brilliant last season and he had one of his better seasons with 96 catches.
    Gonzalez, who owns every significant NFL receiving record for a tight end, is 33 but is still playing at a high level. He caught 195 passes in the past two seasons. How are the Chiefs going to replace all the catches?
    The Chiefs will regret this day. Gonzalez has been a pillar in the community as well as one of the greatest players in team history.
    I thought Kansas City owner Clark Hunt had a handle on that when he said last month that the team didn't want to trade Gonzalez. The team needed to talk Gonzalez into being part of the new regime. He could have brought so much to the Cassel era.
    Sure, Kansas City probably wasn't excited that Gonzalez didn't show up for a voluntary minicamp last weekend, but he has missed voluntary camps in the past. Gonzalez said last month he was a "neutral" about a trade. Kansas City didn't have to trade him.
    This was a bad move by the Chiefs and it was a move that makes it difficult to believe they will be improved in 2009 because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    ok so we trade the Donk's our #3 for their #12 and #18.

With #12 we get Tyson Jackson if he still there or BPA for defense. Then with #18 we draft Brandon Pettigrew.

ready, break.
    I'm with you for Jackson, but at 18 I would take best available OT or LB.
    Then in the third I would take Chase Coffman out of Missouri, if, if we really felt we need a TE. Personally I think Cottom will fill the bill at TE.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast