Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pioli has a plan

Default Pioli has a plan

Things just got a whole lot more interesting because of the trade of Tony Gonzalez. I mean a 2nd rounder next year ? At first I thought it was a dumb move not getting somethign this year but it kinda makes me believe Pioli may have a taker of our 3rd pick this year which may get us a swap of first and a 3rd adn maybe a first next year could you imagine next year having two first and two seconds ? That would be awesome ! I mean its just a thought but what doy ou guys think ? Would that nto be sweet next year having that many early picks ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    Things just got a whole lot more interesting because of the trade of Tony Gonzalez. I mean a 2nd rounder next year ? At first I thought it was a dumb move not getting somethign this year but it kinda makes me believe Pioli may have a taker of our 3rd pick this year which may get us a swap of first and a 3rd adn maybe a first next year could you imagine next year having two first and two seconds ? That would be awesome ! I mean its just a thought but what doy ou guys think ? Would that nto be sweet next year having that many early picks ?
    That's possible. I think it's a lot more likely that neither side would budge on it being a 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2009, so they agreed to a 2nd rounder in 2010.

I'm sure Paoli has a plan!!! I believe most of us hope he can pull a miricle and trade down. If nothing else jammerson is correct in that it was better to get a 2nd next year than a 3rd this year. Let's hope for those nuggets in the rocks.

I just wish his plan didn't including trading Tony. I my mind, Tony still is and always will be a true Chief. He is the defenition of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Come on ATL!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I just wish his plan didn't including trading Tony. I my mind, Tony still is and always will be a true Chief. He is the defenition of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Come on ATL!
    For me that person is Will Shields. 14 years, 12 as a pro bowler, 9 time all-pro, great person, never once whined or complained, showed up each and every season and was the best at his position.

Tony was similar up until he started hinting and eventually flat out saying that he wanted out of KC. Shields was a Chief through thick and thin until the end. Not to take anything away from Tony G. He gave us 12 great seasons as a Chief and will probably always be the best TE in the history of the game for me and certainly the best Chiefs TE.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-23-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    For me that person is Will Shields. 14 years, 12 as a pro bowler, 9 time all-pro, great person, never once whined or complained, showed up each and every season and was the best at his position.

Tony was similar up until he started hinting and eventually flat out saying that he wanted out of KC. Shields was a Chief through thick and thin until the end. Not to take anything away from Tony G. He gave us 12 great seasons as a Chief and will probably always be the best TE in the history of the game for me and certainly the best Chiefs TE.
    Tony wanted out simply cause the team wasn't even competitive. And who wouldn't? I think he worked his *** off while everyone else was taking a break for the last 3 years. He got dealt a bad hand when Herm was hired.

Thanks for the memories tony.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The tg trade definitely makes me think pioli is out to make the chiefs a great franchise to follow again. (Not that they're not now, but you know what I mean)

i sure hope he has a plan because losing tony is going to take alot to replace his production

At least we traded him out of the AFC. That being said we got a decent return for him considering he potentially has 3 years left in him max, 2 realistically. 2nd round next year could well be a market increase over a 2nd this year considering the wealth of talent that is coming out on offense in next years draft.

That aside...

Everyone was freaking out last year when all the baddies from last season were letting pro bowl vets go in trades and releases as such (aka Miami let Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor, the only 2 guys on the roster anybody outside of Miami actually knew about) and they improved dramatically.

Its to early to see how this will pan out, we'll have to wait till the end of the season to see how it all comes down and how far or close the Chiefs are to being legitmate once again. Tony would of helped Cassel out, sure, and made this offense that much better but I doubt he would've been the crutch he was when Thigpen was quarterback.

Think long term and objectively about this. It may not feel good right now but it'll pay off in the future.

Tony doesn't go to the HoF because of 2 years as a Falcon, he goes to the hall because of 12 years as a Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i sure hope he has a plan because losing tony is going to take alot to replace his production
    I remember when 49er fans were saying the same thing when they traded Joe Montana. Now of course they had Steve Young in the wings but nobody was willing to jump on that boat yet.

We all see how that worked out for them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast