The loss of Tony Gonzales has really left me upset. Tony brought great leadership to the team. He provided a superior role model to the young players for what an NFL player should be. He was a leader on the field and off. Tony was a specimen of the perfect athlete even at his age. He was the epitome of "Shut up and play."

That said, I am really disappointed in Tony's strong desire to bail out of KC. I can understand the desire to win a Superbowl. We as fans stuck by Tony's side through thick and thin and he reciprocated until this last year. I found it surprising that he left in the midst of what many consider to be a new and exciting era in KC. I partly blame Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards and Clark Hunt in souring Tony's desire to stick around. I think if Hunt had pulled the trigger a year sooner, Tony would have probably stayed. I think the damage Herm has caused this team will be felt for some time.

Maybe with time I'll feel better about this whole thing. But right now, I feel betrayed and a little pissed at Tony. Seems like he just didn't want to work for it anymore. Seems as if he's taking the easy way out. I don't think it would be quite as fulfilling to hop on another team's bandwagon to a Bowl appearance. But then again, I have no personal experience in the NFL. :) I guess I always had this romantic view of Tony playing through thick and thin until he retired and not taking the short cut way to a Bowl Ring.

I hope he goes into the Hall as a Chief. But if he were to win a Superbowl as a Falcon(I don't see it happening), I'm not so sure he would. Seems as if the last year has left him quite bitter towards the organization.

Finally, we trade away without a doubt THE best TE in the league for a 2nd round pick in NEXT YEARS draft? I would have rather seen a 3rd and a 4th in THIS years draft instead. I'm not understanding the logic there. I know we're not going to turn around the team in one season, but I would have liked to have reaped the benefits this season.

Off of TG now. I think Brian Waters is next to go. It's pretty obvious that if you want out, they'll let you. I think LJ would be gone if not for that joke of a contract and his attitude. I still can't believe LJ stays and we lose Tony. Sucks! I still hope Charles shows him up in camp and wins the starting job. That would be awesome.

Well, I hope I didn't piss too many people off. Just expressing how I feel about the situation. Looking forward to this season!