Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Because most of you wont read it in the other thread.

Default Because most of you wont read it in the other thread.

I feel as if it should have its own thread.

I don't think any off us saw this coming, or maybe we just were ignoring all of it cause we didn't want to see this hero go.

I think this song probably show the emotions we all might feel. I think the song is very appropriate, besides its the about a relationship with a man and a women, but Kansas City had a big relationship with Tony.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZQByvTKYkI"]YouTube - Saving Abel - Goodbye[/ame]
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    You actually feel good about saying I told you so? Dude, as cold as I can be, I don't think I would even do that. You can have my a$ belt you deserve it for that one LOL. We all knew it was comin we all just hoped it wouldn't happen. It did, Aussie, your still yound and you will find a new hero on the Chiefs, maybe good old number 7 will come through for us and bring the Chiefs a CHampionship. I am hoping anyway as I need a new Chief hero mine is Len Dawson. I am 40 yrs outta date so, it's past due but I won't change until we get a World Championship. It's comin, it has to be .

Point is "Be realistic" This is football, people get traded every year, I for one am happy for TG, he has a real shot @ a Championship, This is what he wanted. Nothing suprise's me in football, I've been around too long and seen it all and I can't wait to see what Pioli does this weekend. He could use that 2010 2nd round pick for someone this year. I also feel we could have gotten a better deal but again, that's football.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Point is "Be realistic" This is football, people get traded every year, I for one am happy for TG, he has a real shot @ a Championship, This is what he wanted. Nothing suprise's me in football, I've been around too long and seen it all and I can't wait to see what Pioli does this weekend. He could use that 2010 2nd round pick for someone this year. I also feel we could have gotten a better deal but again, that's football.
    He had a REAL shot right here!!!
    Pioli came here for one reason - to win the superbowl.
    There is no doubt in my mind we will be in the sb in three years.
    I can't say the same for atl...
    They have absolutely no defense. They are rebuilding too!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    He had a REAL shot right here!!!
    Pioli came here for one reason - to win the superbowl.
    There is no doubt in my mind we will be in the sb in three years.
    I can't say the same for atl...
    They have absolutely no defense. They are rebuilding too!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    ANd why are you so happy about it?

Without a doubt he was the best player ever on the Chiefs. i wonder if some people here are even real Chiefs fans, or if they are faider fans.

Why am I happy about it? For several reasons:

1) TG did not want to be here anymore. It showed in his actions and reactions.

2) He became "larger" than the "team".

3) He "got paid" to be here and could have opted out during his last contract negotiations, but he took the cash (for himself, of course) and stayed. Fair exchange for services.

4) After signing that contract, things did not go as he planned, so, again, it became an "about me" situation. He wants a SB and he wants it "now".

5) Greatest player in Chiefs history...I dunno about that. For the most part, over the past 25 years of watching this team we have NOT had a WR corp that was proficient at a high level. That, in essence, opened the flood gates for TG. At one point in his career ( I believe it was the Trent Green Era??), he was pissed because the offense required "less" of him in a recieveing role and "more" of him in a blocking role.

Find the word "team" in all of that. It is not like he NEVER got paid...OR he NEVER got factored into the passing scheme at all.

Is he a good guy? More than likely so but if he LOVED KC in the manner he has claimed, then why is he gone? The answer: His love was defined first by $$, then after becoming rich and breaking many records, it has become a SB ring.

Is anything "wrong" with that? Yes for some and NO for others. My stance is, he got paid, he got the ball, he got the records, he got loyalty from the Chiefs organization and the fans...But that was not enough to stick it out for a couple of more years with his beloved Chiefs?

That is why I say...Good Bye and have a safe trip!

Just hope you guys don't already have your torches lit and your mobs formed. This is what Tony G had to say to the Associated Press:

"I love Kansas City," he said in an interview with The Associated Press. "The fans have been unbelievable to me. I'm going to miss them. This is a happy day for me, but in many ways it's a sad day, too. I'm going to miss running out that tunnel and seeing that sea of red in those stands."
    "And now I'm leaving at 33. It's been a huge part of my life," he said. "When I retire, I'm going to retire a Chief. It's been a beautiful, beautiful ride in Kansas City. I'm not selling my home there."
    He also plans to keep his window-cleaning business, Xtreme Clean 88, in Kansas City and be active in Shadow Buddies, a Kansas City-based charity which distributes kits and educational materials to kids and the elderly.

"Kansas City will always be a big part of my life," he said. "At the same time, I don't know how many years I have left to play. Now I'm looking forward to making a Super Bowl run in Atlanta. I hope the fans in Kansas City will understand." Yes Tony, although I do not agree with the trade, I do completely understand.

Source:The Hawk Eye
    Last edited by Vanilla Garilla; 04-24-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added comment

I still love my boy TG.

I would enjoy the Chiefs winning the SB while Tony was still playing for the Falcons. It would be one of those bittersweet situations where you are sad that TG couldn't be with us, but it's what he wanted.

I have high hopes for my Chiefs every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Just hope you guys don't already have your torches lit and your mobs formed. This is what Tony G had to say to the Associated Press:

"I love Kansas City," he said in an interview with The Associated Press. "The fans have been unbelievable to me. I'm going to miss them. This is a happy day for me, but in many ways it's a sad day, too. I'm going to miss running out that tunnel and seeing that sea of red in those stands."
    "And now I'm leaving at 33. It's been a huge part of my life," he said. "When I retire, I'm going to retire a Chief. It's been a beautiful, beautiful ride in Kansas City. I'm not selling my home there."
    He also plans to keep his window-cleaning business, Xtreme Clean 88, in Kansas City and be active in Shadow Buddies, a Kansas City-based charity which distributes kits and educational materials to kids and the elderly.

"Kansas City will always be a big part of my life," he said. "At the same time, I don't know how many years I have left to play. Now I'm looking forward to making a Super Bowl run in Atlanta. I hope the fans in Kansas City will understand." Yes Tony, although I do not agree with the trade, I do completely understand.

Source:The Hawk Eye

I don't think anybody really wanted Tony to leave and I'm sure he may have said some things we don't even know about that he now regrets. The falcons went 11-5 last season with a new young QB thats future looks very good. We got a 2nd round pick for him, thats some thing, with LJ all we would have gotten was another Mr. Irrelavent, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I don't think anybody really wanted Tony to leave and I'm sure he may have said some things we don't even know about that he now regrets. The falcons went 11-5 last season with a new young QB thats future looks very good. We got a 2nd round pick for him, thats some thing, with LJ all we would have gotten was another Mr. Irrelavent, if that.
    I wanted him to leave.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12