Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Jackson

Question Tyson Jackson

I was just looking at all the mock drafts today, and nearly everyone has the LSU DE Tyson Jackson being the Chiefs pick.

My question is, how the heck did this guy rise so fast, and where did everyone get this information that the Chiefs are probably going to pick him? Its just strange, because 2 days ago nearly everyone had Curry on the board for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Hali had a hell of a rookie year, granted he played opposite of JA.

Ive gotta believe hes still got it, and the Herms blain defensive scheme is more of the culprit.

Weve got way too much talent on this D line now. 3 first round draft picks.

I will say that this is a wake up call for Hali and he is running out of chances.
    Haley has already said there will be an open competition for all positions so in that respect Hali will have to show some promise in training camp and pre-season or he is probably cut...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Haley has already said there will be an open competition for all positions so in that respect Hali will have to show some promise in training camp and pre-season or he is probably cut...
    I see us keeping Hali as a backup, simply because he isn't expensive and has some value on the open market.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I see us keeping Hali as a backup, simply because he isn't expensive and has some value on the open market.
    He's 20-30 pds to lite for a 3-4 DE, LBer ?, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Definetely sounds like he's moving backwards - just as he's been doing on the field...
    In case you can't tell, I'm not a Hali fan.
    SHUT IT

I hate cutting players that will immediately be signed by another team though. We shouldn't cut Hali, he has at least proven he can produce in the right circumstances, and he actually made an immediate impact when moved back to left end last season.

Being that he probably has the best pass rush moves on the roster, I think we can expect to see him rushing the passer as an OLB on 3rd down next year at the very least.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-28-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Definetely sounds like he's moving backwards - just as he's been doing on the field...
    In case you can't tell, I'm not a Hali fan.
    Neither am I. It's easy to appear competent when you have JA on the other side of the line drawing double teams.

Hali's biggest problems are that he can't rush the passer without an elite DE on the other side of the line, and that he's useless against the run. It doesn't help that he's too small for a 3-4, and I dont think he has the instincts to be an OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I hate cutting players that will immediately be signed by another team though. We shouldn't cut Hali, he has at least proven he can produce in the right circumstances, and he actually made an immediate impact when moved back to left end last season.
    I agree. We still need to address the OC and maybe RT positions. Maybe we can use Hali and McBride as trade bait. Looking at some of the other teams rosters, some have 5/6 centers, might get some action somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I agree. We still need to address the OC and maybe RT positions. Maybe we can use Hali and McBride as trade bait. Looking at some of the other teams rosters, some have 5/6 centers, might get some action somewhere.
    I agree they should be traded if possible. I mean, missed tackles, being out of position, being constantly shoved backwards, stifling your own teammates (Page) will be inexcusable under this new staff.
    I hope.
    SHUT IT

I wouldn't sweat the lack of sacks by Jackson the past 2 seasons. Bo Pelini made some changes to LSU's defense that stressed containment of the quarterback more than attacking the passer 2 seasons ago. Last season Miles promoted to position coaches to defensive co-coordinators. Needless to say, the two jackholes he promoted, coached the worst performing positions on the team the previous year. Mallory and Peveto. I'm not sure if they were fired, but they sure as hell are no longer employed at LSU. Jackson is a really tenacious player. I agree, number 3 is a little high, but if you can't trade down with anyone you should have won more games last season or take the best player for your system. Quality guy on and off the field for sure.

I have a hard time imagining that competition will be "open".

I believe that, as usual, the new staff's additions will have a huge advantage, by way of judging bias.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimevick View Post
    I wouldn't sweat the lack of sacks by Jackson the past 2 seasons. Bo Pelini made some changes to LSU's defense that stressed containment of the quarterback more than attacking the passer 2 seasons ago. Last season Miles promoted to position coaches to defensive co-coordinators. Needless to say, the two jackholes he promoted, coached the worst performing positions on the team the previous year. Mallory and Peveto. I'm not sure if they were fired, but they sure as hell are no longer employed at LSU. Jackson is a really tenacious player. I agree, number 3 is a little high, but if you can't trade down with anyone you should have won more games last season or take the best player for your system. Quality guy on and off the field for sure.
    Or just pick that guy when you believe that the next team up is going to.

I think we could have waited until at least the eighth pick.