Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson Jackson

Question Tyson Jackson

I was just looking at all the mock drafts today, and nearly everyone has the LSU DE Tyson Jackson being the Chiefs pick.

My question is, how the heck did this guy rise so fast, and where did everyone get this information that the Chiefs are probably going to pick him? Its just strange, because 2 days ago nearly everyone had Curry on the board for the Chiefs.

Sometimes the lack of fully understanding the game in these threads baffles me.

Building a team isn't about putting a fantasy team together, its about getting guys that fit what you are trying to do and guys that fill needs.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I bet he won't either. But I never expect DE's or DL in general transitioning from the College game to the NFL to have break out rookie seasons.

Thats a given. And even then I dont expect him to make stat breaking amounts of sacks. Its just not how the 34 plays out. The real test of his mettle will come in his second year.

Richard Seymour didn't have many sacks his rookie year (3.0)

Mario Williams didn't have many sacks his rookie year (4.5)

Giving a rookie one year (especially a Defensive lineman) to be 'All-Pro, Pro Bowl' caliber is hardly fair (i.e. Glenn Dorsey). His true worth comes from what isn't recorded, keeping Lineman off the LBs. If our LBS have decent to good seasons (increase over last year) then thats already a success.
    He won't be a stand out his 2nd or 3rd year either. I just think taking him at #3 was a waste of a pick. He wasn't even the player at his position in the draft for cryin out loud!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    He won't be a stand out his 2nd or 3rd year either. I just think taking him at #3 was a waste of a pick. He wasn't even the player at his position in the draft for cryin out loud!!
    Now you're treading in the territory of hypotheticals. By not thinking about this pick objectively you've already cast Jackson as a bust before he's even played his first game.

How is that even remotely fair? Your write him off because the Chiefs didn't select the player the media has been feeding us to think the Chiefs need?

I think you meant best at his position which was DE.

That can be argued.

While he wasn't the best statiscally most of the DEs in this draft are not 3-4 DEs. They're 'tweeners' DE/OLB hybrids (I.e. Everette Brown/Maybin/Orakpo OLB/DE hybrids). Chiefs needed a big physical presence in the interior to play the line and thats exactally what they got. There is a reason why Tamba Hali is being moved out of DE and into that tweener role. THe Chiefs have already stated their switching to a 3-4.

He was the best 3-4 DE prospect in this draft. Thats a fact and that's why the Chiefs took him because we obviously don't have anyone remotely close to being able to play the position on our current roster.

I think this team needs to forget the idea of running a 3-4 D.

Jackson, Tyler, Dorsey, and Hali up front... That is a force to be Reckoned with this year

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post

Jackson, Tyler, Dorsey, and Hali up front... That is a force to be Reckoned with this year
    You're kidding, right?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

To me that looks like a team that will probably have the least sacks in the league again next season.

Drafting Jackson 3rd overall eliminates any chance of us playing 4-3 full time. He is going to be a 5 technique DE who eats space and stops the run. He'll also help open up room for LBs to get to the QB.

He'll be very good at what he does, I believe, but that won't involve racking up sacks at any point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Now you're treading in the territory of hypotheticals. By not thinking about this pick objectively you've already cast Jackson as a bust before he's even played his first game.

How is that even remotely fair? Your write him off because the Chiefs didn't select the player the media has been feeding us to think the Chiefs need?

I think you meant best at his position which was DE.

That can be argued.

While he wasn't the best statiscally most of the DEs in this draft are not 3-4 DEs. They're 'tweeners' DE/OLB hybrids (I.e. Everette Brown/Maybin/Orakpo OLB/DE hybrids). Chiefs needed a big physical presence in the interior to play the line and thats exactally what they got. There is a reason why Tamba Hali is being moved out of DE and into that tweener role. THe Chiefs have already stated their switching to a 3-4.

He was the best 3-4 DE prospect in this draft. Thats a fact and that's why the Chiefs took him because we obviously don't have anyone remotely close to being able to play the position on our current roster.
    First of all I think my post says "at his position" and second, do you think I didn't watch any college football? My opinion is not based on what the media says as you stated but from what I saw on the field. I think drafting the 3rd or 4th best DE available at #3 was a waste of a pick. We passed on the best LB'r in the draft and possibly the best overall player period! Further more, I do think Jackson will be an avg at best player and yes, before he even plays one down in the NFL! I thought the same of Croyle when we picked him except I didn't think he would even be avg! I like what Pioli did with the Pats and am happy to have him but I think he sh!t the bed on this one!!

yea Scott, we need to talk. lol, I could see it now, I have been researching Tyson Johnson and well I kinda like him, I think he will be good for the team. I think we should all just give Haley and Pioli a chance. I don't think he should have gone so high but again, I'm just a die hard Chiefs fan. I look forward to sunday, because when we first picked Tyson I felt as if I had just been :bananen_smilies083: , lol

First of all I think my post says "at his position" and second, do you think I didn't watch any college football? My opinion is not based on what the media says as you stated but from what I saw on the field. I think drafting the 3rd or 4th best DE available at #3 was a waste of a pick. We passed on the best LB'r in the draft and possibly the best overall player period! Further more, I do think Jackson will be an avg at best player and yes, before he even plays one down in the NFL! I thought the same of Croyle when we picked him except I didn't think he would even be avg! I like what Pioli did with the Pats and am happy to have him but I think he sh!t the bed on this one!!

Yeah, I wasn't overly enthused or impressed with our one and only pick today either, but then again I'm no expert. I think that not taking either Curry or Crabtree in the first round is a mistake. JMHO

All you're doing is going with the hype, it's a joke. People said the same thing about Dorsey, we all know how that turned out. Just admit that you have NO clue who's the "best player in the draft" and I know that Curry is a Derrick Johnson clone, and that's not a good thing. Drafting him would've been a BUST in the making.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast