Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson Jackson

Question Tyson Jackson

I was just looking at all the mock drafts today, and nearly everyone has the LSU DE Tyson Jackson being the Chiefs pick.

My question is, how the heck did this guy rise so fast, and where did everyone get this information that the Chiefs are probably going to pick him? Its just strange, because 2 days ago nearly everyone had Curry on the board for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Your an absolute comic!!! I own a sports bar and watched damn near every Wake Forest game with J.T Doxon's father. T.E for Wake. Not the biggest fan by any stretch just happen to watch a lot of games.

Can't compare DJ to Curry. DJ had a ton of help his last season at Texas. Curry was doing a lot on his own!

For you to say Brian Cushing has the same talent as Curry is a complete joke!!
    I didnt say Cushing was equivalent in talent, once again read the context of my comparison. DJ went 15 overall in 2005 sorry for not clarifying it for you but thats what I meant/.

And even if you want to say DJ's last season didnt count if you subtract the totals from then he still has:

328 Total Tackles
    50 Tackles for loss
    8.5 Sacks
    8 INT's

Still statiscally better then Curry outside of Total Tackles. Once again hype vs reality and reality wins out. You can make all the greivances against Jackson you want but
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 04-25-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    He wasn't the best DE, but he was the best 3-4 DE. All in the system! I wouldn't have taken him though, I would've went OT.
    Were Dick Butkis or Lawrence Taylor the best LB's of their respective drafts or was it just the system they were in? Not comparing Curry to either of these guys obviously but I think the system when it comes to this position has less to do with it than you are claiming IMO.

Intersesting article about the Chiefs first pick here:

Jeffri Chadiha examines the Kansas City Chiefs' first NFL draft under GM Scott Pioli - ESPN

Good Read!

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I didnt say Cushing was equivalent in talent, once again read the context of my comparison. DJ went 15 overall in 2005 sorry for not clarifying it for you but thats what I meant/.

And even if you want to say DJ's last season didnt count if you subtract the totals from then he still has:

328 Total Tackles
    50 Tackles for loss
    8.5 Sacks
    8 INT's

Still statiscally better then Curry outside of Total Tackles. Once again hype vs reality and reality wins out. You can make all the greivances against Jackson you want but
    I saw 15 and thought you were speaking of this years draft. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Intersesting article about the Chiefs first pick here:

Jeffri Chadiha examines the Kansas City Chiefs' first NFL draft under GM Scott Pioli - ESPN

Good Read!
    He does have a point regarding building the team from the line out.

I saw 15 and thought you were speaking of this years draft. My bad.
    Its my fault as well I can see how it'd be misinterpreted.

Were Dick Butkis or Lawrence Taylor the best LB's of their respective drafts or was it just the system they were in? Not comparing Curry to either of these guys obviously but I think the system when it comes to this position has less to do with it than you are claiming IMO.
    Curry is gonna be a good cover LB wherever he goes, he'd do better in a 4-3, but he could do well in a 3-4 too. In my post, I was referring to the 3-4 scheme being the main reason we took Jackson, actually.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Hopefully Pioli continues his masterfull draft record but this will be his legacy one way or another!!

Hopefully Pioli continues his masterfull draft record but this will be his legacy one way or another!!

Let's hope it's for the better.

I'm taking a wait and see approach to this pick, I am confident that Pioli is a good evaluator of talent. And I for one, am happy we didn't take Curry, he's a little overated IMO.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast