Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson Jackson

Question Tyson Jackson

I was just looking at all the mock drafts today, and nearly everyone has the LSU DE Tyson Jackson being the Chiefs pick.

My question is, how the heck did this guy rise so fast, and where did everyone get this information that the Chiefs are probably going to pick him? Its just strange, because 2 days ago nearly everyone had Curry on the board for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Thanks for the lesson!!!! NO SH!T!!!!!!! My point being that when your entire defense is crap, you should take the best player on the board which oh by the way, happens to be a defensive player! Trust me, this guy will fall into the "he's alright" catagory. No possibility of being a stand out player!!!!! Between a 15 and 25 pick on most boards that even have him on their board!!
    When you take the best avalible player but he has garbage in front of him what good does it do the team if he can't produce? PLease follow simple logic, its a team sport, you need a solid front for ILB's like Curry to flourish. Your obivous love affair with Curry and all the hype has blinded you to the basic neccessities which allow for a player like Curry to play with any sort of efficency

this guy is going to make everyone eat their words....just wait.

Thanks for the lesson!!!! NO SH!T!!!!!!! My point being that when your entire defense is crap, you should take the best player on the board which oh by the way, happens to be a defensive player! Trust me, this guy will fall into the "he's alright" catagory. No possibility of being a stand out player!!!!! Between a 15 and 25 pick on most boards that even have him on their board!!
    Sounds like you just described Curry to me, he has overrated written all over him.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I don't understand why everyone is so down on Jackson. We allowed close to 160 rushing yards per game last year. This makes the rest of the team worse b/c you overcommit trying to stop the run and you get burned by the pass. Jackson is a run stopper, and that's what we need. Did anyone else have any confidence last year when we faced third and short? All of you think that sacks win games. Sure it helps, but being able to consistently stop the run is a blessing. Look at the Steelers, they gave up 80 rush yards a game, and it makes the rest of their defense that much better. Plus, having someone like Jackson who can take up two guys on the line allows the rushing LB more shots at the QB. This is an excellent pick for the Chiefs, and it also puts Dorsey on a DL that he is familiar with (remember, they played together).

The player with the best name, is not always the best pick (Curry). He does not help make our defense as a whole better than Jackson does, and I think we will see that this season when our rushing YPG allowed goes down by 40-50 yards.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-25-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Richard Seymour 6th pick in the 1st round 2004 to New England

6'6
    DE

College Stats:

223 tackles (106 solos),
    9.5 Sacks
    25.5 tackles for losses
    35 quarterback pressures.

In the Pro's

5× Pro Bowl selection (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)
    3× First-team All-Pro selection (2003, 2004, 2005)
    1× Second-team All-Pro (2006)

Tyson Jackson 3rd pick in the 1st round 2009 to the Chiefs

6'4 1/2
    DE

College Stats:

122 tackles (53 solos)
    18 pass deflections
    1 interception,
    2 forced fumbles
    2 fumble recoveries
    18.5 sacks
    27 stops for losses
    30 quarterback pressures.

Correlation? I think so. Good pick Pioli.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 04-25-2009 at 05:56 PM.

So right now this is how I see our DL:

Jackson / Tyler / Dorsey

backups:
    DE: McBride, Hali, Boone
    NT: Edwards

LBs:

DJ / Thomas / Beisel or Williams / Vrabel

I think this is a pretty good lineup, especially with more picks to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    When you take the best avalible player but he has garbage in front of him what good does it do the team if he can't produce? PLease follow simple logic, its a team sport, you need a solid front for ILB's like Curry to flourish. Your obivous love affair with Curry and all the hype has blinded you to the basic neccessities which allow for a player like Curry to play with any sort of efficency
    I'll bet you right now that Jackson won't be the stand out at his position next year.

I'll bet you right now that Jackson won't be the stand out at his position next year.
    That's a really bold statement. You mean he won't be better than Seymour or Aaron Smith in his rookie year? Wow.

He will be the best rookie 3-4 DE.

I bet he won't either. But I never expect DE's or DL in general transitioning from the College game to the NFL to have break out rookie seasons.

Thats a given. And even then I dont expect him to make stat breaking amounts of sacks. Its just not how the 34 plays out. The real test of his mettle will come in his second year.

Richard Seymour didn't have many sacks his rookie year (3.0)

Mario Williams didn't have many sacks his rookie year (4.5)

Giving a rookie one year (especially a Defensive lineman) to be 'All-Pro, Pro Bowl' caliber is hardly fair (i.e. Glenn Dorsey). His true worth comes from what isn't recorded, keeping Lineman off the LBs. If our LBS have decent to good seasons (increase over last year) then thats already a success.

Quote Originally Posted by mac1024 View Post
    there's two mentality in a draft:
    1) you draft the best available player
    2) you draft by needs

I can understand the fact that they want a DL, but please explain to me why they drafted Jackson when the best DL where still available (Raji and Orakpo)

you're sure King Carl is gone!!!!
    They already have a DT in Dorsey, and Orakpo isn't a 3-4 DE.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast