Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson Jackson

Question Tyson Jackson

I was just looking at all the mock drafts today, and nearly everyone has the LSU DE Tyson Jackson being the Chiefs pick.

My question is, how the heck did this guy rise so fast, and where did everyone get this information that the Chiefs are probably going to pick him? Its just strange, because 2 days ago nearly everyone had Curry on the board for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I've been saying all wee, something is in the works as far as trading down and I believe Dorsey goes to Altlanta. Personally I don't like Raji. If we pick up a 2nd, I'd rather grab Ron Brace.
    Curry will be one player if we don't draft him, everyone will wish we had. Most people are saying he is the complete package, even though he hasn't been asked to rush the QB, he will be good at it.
    The hybrid, DE/LB's are the hardest to find. There are quite a few pass rushers, not all can play the run and very few can drop back in coverage. Because the Chiefs gave up almost 6 yds per rushing attempt and were terrible against the pass also, we need to take what is considered to be a can't miss player. IMO and it's my opion that would be Curry.
    My only question is how Curry will pick up sacks playng ILB. We have DJ and Vrabel as our starting OLBs. Curry would be lined up next to Zach Thomas inside. He wouldn't be asked to be the DE/OLB hybrid you're suggesting he would be.

OK... I've had a chance to cool down a bit now and I've decided that if we end up with a player by the name of Curry, Raji, or Jackson, I'll be happy. One thing I overlooked is that taking Jackson screws the Broncos since he is clearly one of the top 2 players they're targetting in this draft.

Two birds, one stone. And I guess 5 technique DEs (of which we have none) are pretty vital for any LB to succeed in the 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'm just not a fan of Jackson that high.. I think the projection manifested from the report that Chiefs management is very high on him, which I think could be BS also because Pioli is as tight lipped as they come. I don't picture him giving away any such indication.
    Exactly folks. Pioli doesn't say anything for weeks and now suddenly 1 week before the draft he decides he will leak who he wants to draft????? Wake up, because you know better. Pioli is going to leak whomever he thinks brings the most trade value to the pick. I guess we'll see how this plays out in about 3 hours. But leaking who the Chiefs are going to take just isn't a Pioli move. I think we can all agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    What? Most people do not think Curry can rush the passer! Just because fans want it to be so doesn't make it so.

Curry is a prototypical 4-3 MLB who can move to ILB in a 3-4. I think he's immensely talented, but don't pretend he's something he's not.

You draft a 3-4 DE sooner than a MLB/ILB because it is harder to find a 3-4 DE.
    I don't think that it's people don't think he is unable to rush the QB. He just wasn't asked to do so in college. I am fairly confident that he CAN. I think drafting Jackson will be a terrible mistake and may set this team back another year.

Any player we take at the #3 spot, will instantly become one of the best players on the Chiefs roster IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Any player we take at the #3 spot, will instantly become one of the best players on the Chiefs roster IMO.

DITTO Maybe putting Jacksona dn Dorsey back together could eb a good thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I agree that we should pick Raji! I've been saying it for months. But it seems that Pioli/Haley don't like him as much as I do.

I just hope we trade with the Skins (swap picks and we get Cooley) and move to 13. If Curry doesn't go to us at 3, there is a pretty decent chance he could drop that far.
    The problem with picking Raji is that you are basically pretending the Dorsey pick didn't happen last season.

Even though it wasn't on Pioli's watch, they are still paying Dorsey a **** load of money to be the DT, and his skill set doesn't translate well to being moved over to DE.

I hope this all a smoke screen to entice a trade offer for one of the Mark Sanchez suitors.

Honestly I don't have a problem with taking Jackson if its after pick 10, and if KC is posturing to get somebody to trade up for Sanchez and we can net a 2nd rounder in the process, or a 3rd, and still get Jackson I say go for it.

Jackson wouldnt' even start on a team like the Pats, and that bothers me.

1 hour 35 minutes till game time. I dont think it will take long to get to the Chiefs pick, maybe around 10-20 minutes at the most.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast