Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My KC Post draft - Mock Draft

Default My KC Post draft - Mock Draft

I think everyone here is a little stunned at how the draft played out for the Chiefs. So I decided to put together a post draft Mock draft. I am basing my draft based upon the players that were still on the board when the Chiefs picked in each round.

1st round: Aaron Curry - LB
    3rd Round: Jarron Gilbert - DE
    4th round: Brandon Williams - DE
    5th round: Duke Robinson - OL
    6th round: Andrew Gardner - OT
    7th round: Demetrius Byrd - WR
    7th round: Chris Baker - NT

All players were still on the board, but were passed on. Chris Baker the NT was undrafted. He's got some character concerns but IMO they need to go get him immediately.

Please post yours so we can compare notes.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-26-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think everyone here is a little stunned at how the draft played out for the Chiefs. So I decided to put together a post draft Mock draft. I am basing my draft based upon the players that were still on the board when the Chiefs picked in each round.

All players were still on the board, but were passed on. Chris Baker the NT was undrafrted. They need to go get him immediately.

Demetrius Byrd has been in intensive care after a car crash. I think he is still in the hospital after a week. I question the risk of using a pick on him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Demetrius Byrd has been in intensive care after a car crash. I think he is still in the hospital after a week. I question the risk of using a pick on him at all.
    4.42 in the 40yd.
    36-in vertical.

He is expected to make a full recovery and was projected much higher than the 7th round. But I will give you that one if you'd like.

What happened to Duke that he dropped so badly? I didn't even see his name today, did he even get drafted?

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    What happened to Duke that he dropped so badly? I didn't even see his name today, did he even get drafted?
    5th round. I'm not sure what happened, I was shocked we didn't snatch him up in the 4th or 5th round.

Hampton was on my list. At 6'2",329, strong and fast, can play NT or DE, someone from the Chiefs should have been on the phone yesterday. There was off the field issue that I could find no information on. 3 colleges and all that.
    Duke Robinson Jasper Brinkly and Follet were all there until 6 th or 7th round. And alot of you know Jaron Gilbert was on my list B4 he strarted climbing the draft boards.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Hampton was on my list. At 6'2",329, strong and fast, can play NT or DE, someone from the Chiefs should have been on the phone yesterday. There was off the field issue that I could find no information on. 3 colleges and all that.
    Duke Robinson Jasper Brinkly and Follet were all there until 6 th or 7th round. And alot of you know Jaron Gilbert was on my list B4 he strarted climbing the draft boards.
    How does McGee go before Gilbert? Puzzling.

How does McGee go before Gilbert? Puzzling.
    I'm still confused. Even if I give them the 1st and 3rd picks, the rest of the draft makes no sense.

All players were still on the board, but were passed on. Chris Baker the NT was undrafted. He's got some character concerns but IMO they need to go get him immediately.

Not picking Aaron Curry IMO will be the biggest mistake that the chiefs will make for a long wjile to come! We needed him and he was up for grabs when it was out turn to pick we blew it. Aaron Curry was voted to have the most successfuf career out of any of the other players in the draft. To sum it all up; I am extremely annoyed with the decision!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Not picking Aaron Curry IMO will be the biggest mistake that the chiefs will make for a long wjile to come! We needed him and he was up for grabs when it was out turn to pick we blew it. Aaron Curry was voted to have the most successfuf career out of any of the other players in the draft. To sum it all up; I am extremely annoyed with the decision!
    AUSSIE, you know I'm a Curry fan, but we also needed Jackson. Follow our lead little brother and keep the faith and let's hope Pioli and Haley proves they are great football minds.
    GO CHIEFS, SB BOUND AND PRAY TO GOD IT'S NOT HELD IN ENGLAND!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast