Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Jackson

Question Tyson Jackson

I was just looking at all the mock drafts today, and nearly everyone has the LSU DE Tyson Jackson being the Chiefs pick.

My question is, how the heck did this guy rise so fast, and where did everyone get this information that the Chiefs are probably going to pick him? Its just strange, because 2 days ago nearly everyone had Curry on the board for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The point is paying the guy as a number six or seven pick, instead of a number three pick.

I can't believe that's all you had to say on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I can't believe that's all you had to say on the subject.
    I'm tired. :)

In fact he does. The only time I know of this having happened, was with Bryant Mckinnie. There was a long negotiation, but they did get a slight bargain. Or so they said.

And that was only one position down in the draft. Five or six spots is going to be a much better bargaining chip, especially with a guy who was not expected to be in the top five anyway.

Worse come to worse, you pay the same. No loss.
    Vikings did it two years in a row, with Bryant McKinnie and Kevin Williams. The were roundly mocked and pretty much paid the same as they would at the original spot. Both held out for the appropriate money, McKinnie for most of his first season. We really don't want or need that kind of problem, do we?

Let's just assume that passing until the eighth spot isn't an option. In that case, we did everything we could, didn't we?

The point is paying the guy as a number six or seven pick, instead of a number three pick.
    Has it ever worked?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Dude, you just opened up a great big can of worms!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Vikings did it two years in a row, with Bryant McKinnie and Kevin Williams. The were roundly mocked and pretty much paid the same as they would at the original spot. Both held out for the appropriate money, McKinnie for most of his first season. We really don't want or need that kind of problem, do we?

Let's just assume that passing until the eighth spot isn't an option. In that case, we did everything we could, didn't we?
    No. There is no way that I will believe that noone was willing to trade up a few spots at no cost. We could have traded even-up with The Jets, or whoever, and saved a dime.

And, we could have not diminished he value of the pick, and taken another position of greater, or equal, need. (OT and NT come to mind.)

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Has it ever worked?

Just as many times as it has been unsuccessful.

Anything else, I will have to get back to you on, as I wasn't kidding. I am extremely tired.

I'm tired. :)

You must be exhausted.

No. There is no way that I will believe that noone was willing to trade up a few spots at no cost. We could have traded even-up with The Jets, or whoever, and saved a dime.

And, we could have not diminished he value of the pick, and taken another position of greater, or equal, need. (OT and NT come to mind.)
    Wouldn't that be depreciating the value of whatever we recieved in return?

Assuming we had no idea the Chiefs would take Jackson at 3 and they traded with the Jets (just swapping pick position) it sort of kills the value of having the third overall pick regardless if we take Jackson or switch to 20 (20 for jets?) without any compensation that comes with it because then speculationg would arise about what 'could of been' wouldn't it?

It'd look kind of silly.

Now top 10 maybe but outside of that I'm not sure if you can argue that.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Wouldn't that be depreciating the value of whatever we recieved in return?

Assuming we had no idea the Chiefs would take Jackson at 3 and they traded with the Jets (just swapping pick position) it sort of kills the value of having the third overall pick regardless if we take Jackson or switch to 20 (20 for jets?) without any compensation that comes with it because then speculationg would arise about what 'could of been' wouldn't it?

It'd look kind of silly.

Now top 10 maybe but outside of that I'm not sure if you can argue that.
    On top of that, we would not have been able to grab Tyson Jackson. He would have probably went to the Broncos, Chargers, or Packers.

Broncos go Jackson at 12 if we don't. Do you honestly think McDaniels original intention was to go RB at 12, when that defense is as bad as ours?

The problem with just swapping picks is that we would never be taken seriously in trade negotiations again. No one would ever give us additional picks to trade down.

I admire your ingenuity in trying to find a way out of the situation we were in, but face it - we were stuck at #3. And given that fact, we did everything we could.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast