Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson Jackson

Question Tyson Jackson

I was just looking at all the mock drafts today, and nearly everyone has the LSU DE Tyson Jackson being the Chiefs pick.

My question is, how the heck did this guy rise so fast, and where did everyone get this information that the Chiefs are probably going to pick him? Its just strange, because 2 days ago nearly everyone had Curry on the board for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    All you're doing is going with the hype, it's a joke. People said the same thing about Dorsey, we all know how that turned out. Just admit that you have NO clue who's the "best player in the draft" and I know that Curry is a Derrick Johnson clone, and that's not a good thing. Drafting him would've been a BUST in the making.
    I'll admit your a joke! How can you say Jackson was the right pick? Not even the best available at his position! I guess next you will tell us all you had Jackson slated at a top 5 pick right? Wake up dude! I'm not even saying Curry is the best player in the draft but at least he was the best at his position.
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 04-25-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'll admit your a joke! How can you say Jackson was the right pick? Not even the best available at his position! I guess next you will tell us all you had Jackson slated at a top 5 pick right? Wake up dude!
    Did I say that he was the best pick? We're not drafting a pass rusher, son. I think someone said earlier that in a 3-4, you get guys on the line to free up the LBs.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Did I say that he was the best pick? We're not drafting a pass rusher, son. I think someone said earlier that in a 3-4, you get guys on the line to free up the LBs.
    Ur right bud! Outstanding pick at #3 overall!!! You can't find 1 person outside of Scott Pioli or Todd Haley that thinks Tyson Jackson was worth the #3 pick! There's a reason he wasn't in NY!!!!

First of all I think my post says "at his position"
    I clarified that in my post.

second, do you think I didn't watch any college football? My opinion is not based on what the media says as you stated but from what I saw on the field.
    Never said you didn't watch any college football. But are you explicitlly stating you've watched Aaron Curry/Wake Forest in every game and followed him game in and game out this season?

I doubt it.

Watching Youtube highlight reels and listening to Mel Kiper/Todd McShay/Mike Mayock and other 'expert' figure heads spout off his hardly what I quantify as in depth analysis from a fans perspective.

But I can, in no way, prove this so maybe you are the biggest Demon Deacons fan in the world but I don't buy it.

I think drafting the 3rd or 4th best DE available at #3 was a waste of a pick.
    Once again that is arguable. Your failed to even read my post in its entirety. He may have been the 3rd or 4th best avalible DE from a production standpoint in college in a base line 4-3 at LSU but his projected pro grade had him as the 'best' 3-4 DE in the draft.

The best. That means number 1.

The Chiefs are moving to the 3-4 and for the scheme to work they needed bigger more physical lineman then we already have to make it work. I know you know this, I'm just restating the obvious.

The 3-4 revolves around the strength of the defensive line to allow the LBs to make plays.

No line = no good. It doesnt matter if you have the best prospect in the draft.

We passed on the best LB'r in the draft and possibly the best overall player period!
    Once again, hype doesn't disuade the facts.

I'll post something interesting for you to 'ponder'

Aaron Curry's College stats:

IN 49 college games he recorded:

332 Total Tackles
    45.5 Tackles for loss
    6 Sacks
    6 INTs

Derrick Johnson's College Stats:

In 50 college games he recorded:

458 Total tackles
    69 Tackles for loss
    10.5 Sacks
    9 INT's

Played the same position as Curry. Best LB avalible isn't worth number 3 money considering a player of superior talent went at 15.

Further more, I do think Jackson will be an avg at best player and yes, before he even plays one down in the NFL! I thought the same of Croyle when we picked him except I didn't think he would even be avg! I like what Pioli did with the Pats and am happy to have him but I think he sh!t the bed on this one!!
    Now this is just inane. You believe you have some innate ability to predict busts? I don't know about you but I had the same feeling about Croyle as well; a glass canon QB out of Alabama in the 3rd round who had trouble staying healthy. Does that make me think I have some clairvoyant ability to see the future of potential NFL prospects?

No, because thats what everyone with two eyes and a modicum of sense could see in him outside of Herm.

And look where that got us.

You're tirade at the end just proves you were so caught up in the media love affair that was Aaron Curry that you ignored everything else that was possible and now that the Chiefs passed on an over hyped 4-3 LB you're all bent out of shape.

After looking at some videos of Jackson, it looks like he's gonna be pretty good at stopping the run, which is the job of a DE in a 3-4 scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I clarified that in my post.

Never said you didn't watch any college football. But are you explicitlly stating you've watched Aaron Curry/Wake Forest in every game and followed him game in and game out this season?

I doubt it.

Watching Youtube highlight reels and listening to Mel Kiper/Todd McShay/Mike Mayock and other 'expert' figure heads spout off his hardly what I quantify as in depth analysis from a fans perspective.

But I can, in no way, prove this so maybe you are the biggest Demon Deacons fan in the world but I don't buy it.

Once again that is arguable. Your failed to even read my post in its entirety. He may have been the 3rd or 4th best avalible DE from a production standpoint in college in a base line 4-3 at LSU but his projected pro grade had him as the 'best' 3-4 DE in the draft.

The best. That means number 1.

The Chiefs are moving to the 3-4 and for the scheme to work they needed bigger more physical lineman then we already have to make it work. I know you know this, I'm just restating the obvious.

The 3-4 revolves around the strength of the defensive line to allow the LBs to make plays.

No line = no good. It doesnt matter if you have the best prospect in the draft.

Once again, hype doesn't disuade the facts.

I'll post something interesting for you to 'ponder'

Aaron Curry's College stats:

IN 49 college games he recorded:

332 Total Tackles
    45.5 Tackles for loss
    6 Sacks
    6 INTs

Derrick Johnson's College Stats:

In 50 college games he recorded:

458 Total tackles
    69 Tackles for loss
    10.5 Sacks
    9 INT's

Played the same position as Curry. Best LB avalible isn't worth number 3 money considering a player of superior talent went at 15.

Now this is just inane. You believe you have some innate ability to predict busts? I don't know about you but I had the same feeling about Croyle as well; a glass canon QB out of Alabama in the 3rd round who had trouble staying healthy. Does that make me think I have some clairvoyant ability to see the future of potential NFL prospects?

No, because thats what everyone with two eyes and a modicum of sense could see in him outside of Herm.

And look where that got us.

You're tirade at the end just proves you were so caught up in the media love affair that was Aaron Curry that you ignored everything else that was possible and now that the Chiefs passed on an over hyped 4-3 LB you're all bent out of shape.
    Your an absolute comic!!! I own a sports bar and watched damn near every Wake Forest game with J.T Doxon's father. T.E for Wake. Not the biggest fan by any stretch just happen to watch a lot of games.

Can't compare DJ to Curry. DJ had a ton of help his last season at Texas. Curry was doing a lot on his own!

For you to say Brian Cushing has the same talent as Curry is a complete joke!!

As for predicting busts, no I don't claim to do that at all I just was soooooo against the Croyle pick. Obviously you weren't reading the posts on this site too much during last season because there were several here in love with Croyle!

Still my question is how can you agree with this pick when he wasn't even the best player (by most here and everywhere else) at his own position?
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 04-25-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Your an absolute comic!!! I own a sports bar and watched damn near every Wake Forest game with J.T Doxon's father. T.E for Wake. Not the biggest fan by any stretch just happen to watch a lot of games.

Can't compare DJ to Curry. DJ had a ton of help his last season at Texas. Curry was doing a lot on his own!

For you to say Brian Cushing has the same talent as Curry is a complete joke!!

As for predicting busts, no I don't claim to do that at all I just was soooooo against the Croyle pick. Obviously you weren't reading the posts on this site too much during last season because there were several here in love with Croyle!

Still my question is how can you agree with this pick when he wasn't even the best player (by most here and everywhere else) at his own position?
    He wasn't the best DE, but he was the best 3-4 DE. All in the system! I wouldn't have taken him though, I would've went OT.

From NFL.com

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

The Chiefs pick up the best 3-4 defensive end on the board with their selection of Jackson. Though the pick was a bit of a surprise, Jackson gives the team a stout player on the edge capable of occupying multiple blockers at the point of attack.

From USA Today
    3. KANSAS CITH CHIEFS: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
    Pro analysis: The Chiefs confirm the buzz in recent days by taking Jackson with the third pick. A five-technique DE (Jackson is essentially a 3-4 end), he will anchor a K.C. defense that is transitioning to the new scheme. Jackson has been compared to New England's Richard Seymour, so it's not a shock that new K.C. GM (and former Patriots architect) Scott Pioli would want him. It is a surprise that Jackson was taken with the third overall pick as he's not likely to stuff the stat sheet or excite the fan base (think fellow former LSU DE Marcus Spears, a similar player who has played in relative anonymity in Dallas' 3-4 for years). The selection of Jackson is a pretty good indicator that the Chiefs could not find takers for their No. 3 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    From NFL.com

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

The Chiefs pick up the best 3-4 defensive end on the board with their selection of Jackson. Though the pick was a bit of a surprise, Jackson gives the team a stout player on the edge capable of occupying multiple blockers at the point of attack.

From USA Today
    3. KANSAS CITH CHIEFS: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
    Pro analysis: The Chiefs confirm the buzz in recent days by taking Jackson with the third pick. A five-technique DE (Jackson is essentially a 3-4 end), he will anchor a K.C. defense that is transitioning to the new scheme. Jackson has been compared to New England's Richard Seymour, so it's not a shock that new K.C. GM (and former Patriots architect) Scott Pioli would want him. It is a surprise that Jackson was taken with the third overall pick as he's not likely to stuff the stat sheet or excite the fan base (think fellow former LSU DE Marcus Spears, a similar player who has played in relative anonymity in Dallas' 3-4 for years). The selection of Jackson is a pretty good indicator that the Chiefs could not find takers for their No. 3 pick.
    USAToday has it right. The 3rd pick was too expensive to trade out of. The Jets saved $20M by waiting two slots to trade up.

Everyone,

Disagreements are fine, all we ask is that everyone please keep it respectful.

Thanks!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast