Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson Jackson

Question Tyson Jackson

I was just looking at all the mock drafts today, and nearly everyone has the LSU DE Tyson Jackson being the Chiefs pick.

My question is, how the heck did this guy rise so fast, and where did everyone get this information that the Chiefs are probably going to pick him? Its just strange, because 2 days ago nearly everyone had Curry on the board for the Chiefs.

Not a sack guy... he's a 5 technique run stuffing 3-4 DE.

Hard to be excited about an unsexy pick like that.. hopefully in a few years he'll be our Seymour or Ty Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    You will change your mind after he has 1 sack!!!!!!! Only had a few last year!
    in a 3-4 its not about the DE's getting sacks, please read about it! thats why they have the rush LB. DE,NT,DE are space eaters that free up your LBs to wreck havoc. its why guys like Merriman, HArrison, Joey Porter, Suggs get all the highlights

there's two mentality in a draft:
    1) you draft the best available player
    2) you draft by needs

I can understand the fact that they want a DL, but please explain to me why they drafted Jackson when the best DL where still available (Raji and Orakpo)

you're sure King Carl is gone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Not a sack guy... he's a 5 technique run stuffing 3-4 DE.

Hard to be excited about an unsexy pick like that.. hopefully in a few years he'll be our Seymour or Ty Warren.
    I am excited, because in my opinion that was our greatest need, more so than a pass rusher. We could not stop the run to save our lives. Our inability to stop the run, put the opposing O in a position that made it easier to pass. We stop the run on 1st and 2nd down, then we know they will be passing on 3rd and long, and will be more susceptible to the blitz.

I just wish we could have traded back to around 10 or so and made this same pick. Less $$ and more picks, oh well, our D just improved a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mac1024 View Post
    there's two mentality in a draft:
    1) you draft the best available player
    2) you draft by needs

I can understand the fact that they want a DL, but please explain to me why they drafted Jackson when the best DL where still available (Raji and Orakpo)

Orakpo is a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB. He doesnt project to be a top 10 pick 3-4 OLB in my opinion. Curry would fill that role better, so Orakpo wouldnt make sense.

Jackson LOVES football passionately. Raji does not have the same passion for the game, or at least it is not as obvious. Plus maybe they saw something in Tank Tyler at NT in the minicamp.

Quote Originally Posted by mac1024 View Post

my guess is Raji's character issues (academic ineligibility in 2007 doesnt seem to fit the Pioli definition of smart football players)

my other guess on orakpo is that he is a tweener (OLB/DE hybrid rusher) and before you reach for a tweener/edge rusher is you solidify your line to allow them to flourish

the more i think about it really, the more they probably made the right decision. it's easy for all the fans to fall in love with the more exciting players, but a player like jackson could really make our defense more sound. pioli knows a lot more about it than any of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I can't wait until Tyson proves all the doubters wrong.
    For you guys that are unhappy with this pick. Let's just remember that we are still dealing with the idiocy that has been the mangements in Kansas City for the last three years.

Last year we could not stop the rush, nor could we put pressure on the QB. We had to make this pick, I think Jackson is the right pick for us today.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    in a 3-4 its not about the DE's getting sacks, please read about it! thats why they have the rush LB. DE,NT,DE are space eaters that free up your LBs to wreck havoc. its why guys like Merriman, HArrison, Joey Porter, Suggs get all the highlights
    Thanks for the lesson!!!! NO SH!T!!!!!!! My point being that when your entire defense is crap, you should take the best player on the board which oh by the way, happens to be a defensive player! Trust me, this guy will fall into the "he's alright" catagory. No possibility of being a stand out player!!!!! Between a 15 and 25 pick on most boards that even have him on their board!!

At least the Raiders drafted a BUST!!!!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast