Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cassel signs long term - Rumor

Default Cassel signs long term - Rumor

NFL Network reports Cassel signs 6 year deal with $36 million guaranteed!! I have no links cause I don't feel like looking them up right now. If anyone has one please post.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

The difference is that the Lions don't have a choice in the matter. Why couldn't we at least wait until a few games into the season to get an idea of whether or not it's going to work out? Cassel was considered a high risk high reward player going into the offseason.

One good thing is that this lowers his cap hit from over 14 million to 6 million, but at the same time we already had a ton of money available.

I just wonder if this has anything to do with freeing up a bit more cap to be trade Dorsey.

Note Peter King is saying no such deal has been done.

Peter King (SI_PeterKing) on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    The difference is that the Lions don't have a choice in the matter. Why couldn't we at least wait until a few games into the season to get an idea of whether or not it's going to work out? Cassel was considered a high risk high reward player going into the offseason.

One good thing is that this lowers his cap hit from over 14 million to 6 million, but at the same time we already had a ton of money available.

I just wonder if this has anything to do with freeing up a bit more cap to be trade Dorsey.
    I think it's just something they wanted to get done. Maybe Canada's right and its in expectation of a Thigpen trade.

If I were the Panthers, I'd offer a 4th rounder for Thigpen, for when Delhomme inevitably goes down. If Seattle realizes they aren't getting Sanchez at 4, or just don't want him, they wouldn't be crazy to trade their 4th either.

iI am happy we signed him to the 6 yr deal. IMO once we have a line that can block for him, and a RB he will be a franchise qb. Everyone that was around him in NE wanted him on their roster, we just happened to get him. (HA HA DONKS)

Q: Did you reach a new agreement with Matt Cassel today?

PIOLI: “No, someone had told me that that report is out there, but that’s news to me.”

straight from the KC Chiefs website so I dunno about the authenticity of this insiders source.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Q: Did you reach a new agreement with Matt Cassel today?

PIOLI: “No, someone had told me that that report is out there, but that’s news to me.”

straight from the KC Chiefs website so I dunno about the authenticity of this insiders source.
    I see that too. That is really interesting because Pioli does not seem like the kind of guy who would be sarcastic about a deal like that. So you have to wonder what is going on.

I read on my phone from the NFL network he signed. But then a few hours later, they said the information was false.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

What is with all of this false information being leaked around the NFL? I'm surprised that Chris Mortenson didn't report this.

I am changing the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What is with all of this false information being leaked around the NFL? I'm surprised that Chris Mortenson didn't report this.

Must have got their info from Nick Athan.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

When?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Must have got their info from Nick Athan.
    NFL Network
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast