Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official KC Draft Picks thread...Comments here!!!!

Default Official KC Draft Picks thread...Comments here!!!!

OK a new era in KC just started..well started with Cassell we will see how that goes..

Comments here............

at least the raiders look worse than we do right now...

Tyson jackson:
    Tyson Jackson
    Strongside DE
    Edgard (LA) West St. John
    Ht: 6-foot-6
    Wt: 265 lbs
    Forty: 4.8 secs
    ACT: 20
    Class: 2004 (High School)

I don't understand why everyone is so down on Jackson. We allowed close to 160 rushing yards per game last year. This makes the rest of the team worse b/c you overcommit trying to stop the run and you get burned by the pass. Jackson is a run stopper, and that's what we need. Did anyone else have any confidence last year when we faced third and short? All of you think that sacks win games. Sure it helps, but being able to consistently stop the run is a blessing. Look at the Steelers, they gave up 80 rush yards a game, and it makes the rest of their defense that much better. Plus, having someone like Jackson who can take up two guys on the line allows the rushing LB more shots at the QB. This is an excellent pick for the Chiefs, and it also puts Dorsey on a DL that he is familiar with (remember, they played together).

The player with the best name, is not always the best pick (Curry). He does not help make our defense as a whole better than Jackson does, and I think we will see that this season when our rushing YPG allowed goes down by 40-50 yards.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-25-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The player with the best name, is not always the best pick (Curry). He does not help make our defense as a whole better than Jackson does, and I think we will see that this season when our rushing YPG allowed goes down by 40-50 yards.
    Agree. The BPA across the board does not equate to the BPA to the Chiefs. We got the BPA for the Chiefs

i dont understand why everyone is so down on Jackson either... top 5 picks nowadays are different than 4 or 5 years ago....this draft in particular...everyone always says you can get relatively the same player at 15 you can at 4 or 5...so whats the big deal? He is exactly what this defense needs, and will make everyone better...

hopefully Pioli can find a good rushing LB soon..i hope we trade up for Maualuga!!!!

The sky is falling the sky is falling, Pioli can't draft get rid of him he did not draft the guy I wanted.

Give the new guys a chance.

Tyson Jackson immediately helps our rush defense. If yall don't like the pick than you were hoping our defense would just get by. We can find rushers elsewhere, I would've liked the pick a couple of spots farther in the draft but I know that it was a great pick. Hopefully we trade back into the 2nd round

In a move that should help out the defense a great deal, the Chiefs have nabbed LSU DE Tyson Jackson as the third overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.
    Here’s Jackson’s bio from Draft Countdown:
    Strengths:
    Outstanding size and bulk…Has a big frame with long arms and large hands…Powerful with excellent strength…Tough and physical…Good athleticism…Quick with a burst…Uses his hands well…Can really hold his ground…Terrific bull rusher…Offers a lot of versatility…Has a lot of experience against elite competition… Hard worker … Team leader.
    Weaknesses:
    Average timed speed…Motor is inconsistent…Questionable instincts and awareness…Needs to do a better job of shedding blocks…Doesn’t change directions well…Has some trouble in space…Not a threat off the edge…Just an average pass rusher and won’t rack up a lot of sacks.
    Notes:
    Full name is Anthony Tyson Jackson…Was a three-year starter in the SEC…Twice named 2nd Team All-SEC (’06 & ‘07)…Best fit will most likely come as a five-technique in a 3-4 scheme but could also play end or tackle in a 4-3 front as well…Has drawn the inevitable comparisons to Marcus Spears, another former Bayou Bengal who was the 20th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft…An impressive physical specimen who is highly adaptable…Figures to be a coveted prospect because he is so unlike any of the other top defensive ends available in this draft

espn scout grade gave us a 94 for our 3rd pick of jackson

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast